Some odds and ends

You have to say, Alexa play Adelle on Spotify or Alexa play Adele on Tidal. You also have to enabled the services in Alex's first before it will work

A couple of questions if Alexa is not working:
- Is there any way to use voice command to select a streaming service (Spotify or Tidal) and a specific artist or song? (I have my accounts set up in both apps.) Alexa always defaults to Amazon Music and will not search Spotify or Tidal.
If you say, "Alexa, play songs by the Beatles on Spotify", it will prompt you and tell you that you need to enable the skill on your Alexa app (on your iPhone). It will send a notification to your phone (assuming you have Alexa enabled). When you click the notification, it will ask you to link to Spotify by logging into your account. Once you do that, you can reissue the command and it will play the song on Spotify. This also works with Tidal (I have enabled both this way). You can also manually go into the Alexa app and link various apps.

You have to say, Alexa play Adelle on Spotify or Alexa play Adele on Tidal. You also have to enabled the services in Alex's first before it will work

Thanks. I though the delivery advisor had done that while he was asking me for passwords and woking with my phone. Turns out not.

An interesting thing, also, is that you can say "Alexa, play the Beatles on Amazon Music." The Beatles will play and on the right screen you will see the Music and it will say Amazon Music, similarly on how it says Tidal when you're playing music from Tidal. But the car does not have a direct interface for Amazon Music like the other services. If you say "Alexa, Play the Beatles on Apple Music," it tells you that it is not supported on the "device." Amazon Music is obviously supported because Alexa is an Amazon product. I guess it comes along for the ride...

An interesting thing, also, is that you can say "Alexa, play the Beatles on Amazon Music." The Beatles will play and on the right screen you will see the Music and it will say Amazon Music, similarly on how it says Tidal when you're playing music from Tidal. But the car does not have a direct interface for Amazon Music like the other services. If you say "Alexa, Play the Beatles on Apple Music," it tells you that it is not supported on the "device." Amazon Music is obviously supported because Alexa is an Amazon product. I guess it comes along for the ride...

I don't believe Amazon Music has any Dolby Atmos recordings?? I'm wondering how you found the sound with Amazon Music?

I only played a few seconds of music. This was part of my experimenting. I was hop
I don't believe Amazon Music has any Dolby Atmos recordings?? I'm wondering how you found the sound with Amazon Music?
I only played a few seconds of music. This was only part of my experimenting, in hopes that I was able to use Apple Music.

Kind of odd. So, Amazon Music is sort of an invisible app on the cockpit panel? Or is it installed on your phone and that's where the app is? I'm asking because I use Amazon Music as my regular streaming service.

I'm wondering if owners can add apps to the cockpit panel, or hide apps they never use. For example, I'd like to add Amazon Music specifically to the cockpit panel display, and would probably want to delete or hide I Heart Radio at least, because I'm sure I'll never use it.

Maybe this will all become irrelevant once CarPlay works and folks will use that instead of the pre-installed apps in the car.

Kind of odd. So, Amazon Music is sort of an invisible app on the cockpit panel? Or is it installed on your phone and that's where the app is? I'm asking because I use Amazon Music as my regular streaming service.
Seems to be an invisible app because it was not bluetooth streaming from my phone. I believe since it's an integral part of Alexa/Amazon, it just works.

Speaking of Alexa, now that Alex and Hydbob steered me toward getting it set up right, I spent a while sitting in the car last night trying out music from Amazon Music, Spotify, and Tidal (which has lossless Dolby Atmos).

I listened to things from Beethoven's Violin Concerto to Mendelssohn's Motets to Shostakovich's Fifth Symphony to pop music from Eva Cassidy, Lyle Lovett, Emmylou Harris, Ed Sheeeran, Rihanna, etc. I ended up agreeing with the sound engineer who posted on one of the forums that the Air's sound system has the best soundstage, precision, and balance of any system he's ever heard, whether in a car, home, or studio. It was all I could do to force myself to go back into the house past midnight.

Well, it's a new day, and this morning the right side of the Glass Cockpit joined the Pilot Screen in crapping out on me and would not accept a reset. For some reason the car put itself into Autopark mode (something which I don't even know how to engage yet) and stayed there as I went on a drive with nothing displayed anywhere in the car but this:

photo2-4.jpg

Nothing else was working in the car -- no music, no phone connection, no garage door closing, no ability to adjust anything.

We have a group of friends coming over this afternoon to see and ride in the car, but at this point I'm going to have to skip the driving demo. I'm afraid to put the car on the road until the mobile service tech gets here tomorrow, because I don't know what functionality will disappear next.

And, frankly, I'm a little embarrassed to show them a car I paid $169,000 for but am worried about putting on the road. I still think that, once these software issues are resolved, this will be the best car we've ever owned . . . but it's going to be a frustrating few months to get there, it seems. It truly grieves to me (and my stock shares) to say that Rawlinson's aspiration to put a fully sorted car into the hands of the first buyers has gone up in a puff of smoke.

Last edited:
Yikes. This is almost hard to comprehend. If this were not a $169K car, I am sure that you would be at the returns counter asking for a new one or a full refund.

Last edited:
Seems to be an invisible app because it was not bluetooth streaming from my phone. I believe since it's an integral part of Alexa/Amazon, it just works.
That's interesting, so Amazon music is the cars transport.

Speaking of Alexa, now that Alex and Hydbob steered me toward getting it set up right, I spent a while sitting in the car last night trying out music from Amazon Music, Spotify, and Tidal (which has lossless Dolby Atmos).

I listened to things from Beethoven's Violin Concerto to Mendelssohn's Motets to Shostakovich's Fifth Symphony to pop music from Eva Cassidy, Lyle Lovett, Emmylou Harris, Ed Sheeeran, Rihanna, etc. I ended up agreeing with the sound engineer who posted on one of the forums that the Air's sound system has the best soundstage, precision, and balance of any system he's ever heard, whether in a car, home, or studio. It was all I could do to force myself to go back into the house past midnight.

Good to hear it sounds incredible. Now how to figure out how to play from a USB source. Mmm, Alexa play "x" on USB...?

Well, it's a new day, and this morning the right side of the Glass Cockpit joined the Pilot Screen in crapping out on me and would not accept a reset. For some reason the car put itself into Autopark mode (something which I don't even know how to engage yet) and stayed there as I went on a drive with nothing displayed anywhere in the car but this:

View attachment 423

Nothing else was working in the car -- no music, no phone connection, no garage door closing, no ability to adjust anything.

We have a group of friends coming over this afternoon to see and ride in the car, but at this point I'm going to have to skip the driving demo. I'm afraid to put the car on the road until the mobile service tech gets here tomorrow, because I don't know what functionality will disappear next.

And, frankly, I'm a little embarrassed to show them a car I paid $169,000 for but am worried about putting on the road. I still think that, once these software issues are resolved, this will be the best car we've ever owned . . . but it's going to be a frustrating few months to get there, it seems. It truly grieves to me (and my stock shares) to say that Rawlinson's aspiration to put a fully sorted car into the hands of the first buyers has gone up in a puff of smoke.

I'm thinking you need to have memory wiped and start with a fresh software install. You seem to have a unique issue due to that improper upload.

Once you're all good I'll share my Cayenne β experience.

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of returning to work today. I was reminded as it was exactly freezing and I have to park over a block away. Has anyone changed the temperature remotely yet? How long does the car hold the temp? @hydbob you had tried it earlier but Southern California is still probably a nice temp.

I guess it will be trial and error to figure out how long it takes to heat. Hopefully, there are no bugs that unlock the car. Also, can heated seats be turned on remotely?

Yea...I'm not sure I be able to test that anytime soon. Sorry Dawktah. I have set the temp remotely, but it was only from like 65 to 68 degrees just to test the functionality.

Yea...I'm not sure I be able to test that anytime soon. Sorry Dawktah. I have set the temp remotely, but it was only from like 65 to 68 degrees just to test the functionality.

After seeing news story about people being trapped on I-95 overnight in the snow. I wonder how long the car can run, stationary with heat and radio playing?

Has anyone setup two mobile profiles on two separate mobile phones?

O

Probably similar for a Lucid.

Odd that, although this article mentioned that an ICE vehicle could well run out of gas during a prolonged traffic stall, they didn't mention that it could do so due to trying to keep the cabin warmed and instead discussed only the risk of using a battery to keep the car warm.

Has anyone setup two mobile profiles on two separate mobile phones?
They don’t support that at this time. The car can only be associated with the log in used to buy it. I had to have my wife sign in using my Lucid user name and password so she can use app on her phone. I went over this at delivery and have detailed to customer care. Add it to the software update request list.

Random question. I am curious if the Lucid has the auto high beam feature for the lights?

Back