[SOLVED] Car bluetooth default when not in car

Cali Bob

Verified Owner
Hi everyone,

New to the forum so thanks for any help on this. When I am at home with the car locked and even on charge, my phone seems to auto default to the Lucid for bluetooth which is kinda annoying. Is there an obvious way to fix this without having to manually turn off my bluetooth on the phone as that will mean I will have to turn it back on again on entering the vehicle?

Hi everyone,

New to the forum so thanks for any help on this. When I am at home with the car locked and even on charge, my phone seems to auto default to the Lucid for bluetooth which is kinda annoying. Is there an obvious way to fix this without having to manually turn off my bluetooth on the phone as that will mean I will have to turn it back on again on entering the vehicle?
That means the car is awake. Is your garage very near to where your phone or key is? Some have overcome this by removing the mobile key entirely and keeping their key fob in a faraday bag while at home.

That means the car is awake. Is your garage very near to where your phone or key is? Some have overcome this by removing the mobile key entirely and keeping their key fob in a faraday bag while at home.
My home office is in a room diagnal from the car so it's not even that close. I guess it's nice to know lucid has a strong bluetooth signal but it is def kinda annoying to make a call and have to take it off bluetooth when in the office. So you think its the key that makes it wake up or the phone?

Well, you can do some experiments.

The car will not pick up a call unless it is awake. That is a safe assumption.

You can delete the mobile key entirely from the app. Now the only thing that could wake up the car is the actual key fob. If the car still exhibits the behavior that you described, try moving the key fob further away or putting it in some sort of faraday pouch. By the process of elimination, you’ll figure out why the car is waking up. We had another user of the forum that had a great deal of frustration with a similar problem until he found the other key fob below the floor mat of the car! Keep us posted.

Problem solved. Wife was keeping her bag with key fob in it just outside of the garage door. Moving her bag away stopped it from happening.
Thanks for the advice!

Yay! I'll mark this thread solved. You owe me a beer next time you're in San Diego.

Back