Significant price drop!

I just got a confirmation from my deliver advisor that folks with an RWD reservation can upgrade to a fully loaded (DD pro + SS pro) AWD in-stock model at the same price of $77,400 for cash and financing only.

I just asked them to upgrade my reservation, hopefully I get my hands on it soon!
I have a legacy RWD reservation. My DA has locally on hand for immediate delivery a Fathom Blue AWD SSP but NO DD pro. All in at $78.2k ($77.4k + $800 for the paint; no idea why there is an extra charge for the paint).
Required to pay sales tax on $86.1k and purchase with cash or through Lucid Finance. Wondering if I should hold out for a one with DD pro? Thoughts?

Can DDPro be added? Or are they actually building them without the hardware now?

I have a legacy RWD reservation. My DA has locally on hand for immediate delivery a Fathom Blue AWD SSP but NO DD pro. All in at $78.2k ($77.4k + $800 for the paint; no idea why there is an extra charge for the paint).
Required to pay sales tax on $86.1k and purchase with cash or through Lucid Finance. Wondering if I should hold out for a one with DD pro? Thoughts?
I would hold out, but no one knows if there will be more made with DD Pro this month. I am in same situation and not buying if it does not include DD Pro and Sound Pro, since they are free right now with the credit. I could get the Touring instead, but the Pure is such a better deal and I guess I could live without some of the Touring extras, although wish the Pure had the all glass roof.

I talked to my DA yesterday and was able to find me a Pure AWD with DD Pro and SS Pro in zenith red. I made the difficult choice to pass because I like the stellar white more.
How is this possible? I've been working with my DA since Sunday trying to get this exact car and have been told none are available. I have a Fathom Blue reserved in the mean time, but really want the Zenith Red. He has been checking continously (supposedly) and hasn't found one yet. In fact, I placed a new order for a Zenith Red AWD with DD Pro and SS Pro for the same price and the DA thought it must be a software bug because the promo is only on available inventory. I asked if they were going to build me a new one and sent them the screen shot for the new order with the Special Offer incentive of $11,900 included. Waiting to hear back now. BTW, my original order was for AWD and DD Premium, so my original order only gives me free DD Pro and SS Pro. Sure I would love the extra $5k some are getting that had RWD orders, but now I would just really like the AWD I had ordered with the free upgrades. It's interesting the website only let's you make a new order now for AWD and charging you for it. The RWD check box is greyed out with availability starting in September.

That is the problem right now. I think all the Pure trims have the same sound hardware. So that only requires a software update. But, DDP requires additional hardware. You "might" have a case where someone cancels their order and you can grab it. I've not seen any DDP on the website for the last few days. So, waiting for DDP is a gamble. It's a bird in hand or two in the bush. I would give it a couple of days.

I don’t totally know if I agree. It’s normal to us suckers that bought a Tesla in the last few years but, in general, most price swings are a few dollars in incentives not wild, wholesale discounts of 20%. My M3P was worth 60s 18 months ago and at one point during Covid, it was worth more than I paid for it with self driving.

With Lucid Air GT maybe one day coming my way, if Lucid financial services ever gets moving, I took the Tesla to Carvana yesterday and walked away with 36k. That did not feel good and made me very unhappy and unlikely to buy another Tesla. It was also annoying that Tesla offered me less than Carvana even though I would’ve seriously considered a Plaid. It’s clear he can run his company in anyway he wants and doesn’t really listen to other opinions. Given they’re putting a couple million cars on the road a year in the US, customer retention is probably not a short-term issue. That said it will eventually get them, in my opinion.

My last complaint lol. What is so hard about leasing a Lucid? I don’t know how many cars I’ve bought under various financial constructs in the last 30 years but financing has always taken about 10 minutes at the dealership or a quick call to whatever credit union I’m a member of. This process seems right out of the 1950s. My lease money is zero and I wonder if that’s an incentive or it’s easier not to have to use the punch cards to calculate payments.
Your last point is on point. Recent unpleasantness dealing with their financing process has me close to walking away. Definitely looking used and competitors. Actually thinking Tesla now given what I've been reading about EA. Two weeks ago I was bragging to my friends that I was getting the best car soon. Now I'm totally put off.

Your last point is on point. Recent unpleasantness dealing with their financing process has me close to walking away. Definitely looking used and competitors. Actually thinking Tesla now given what I've been reading about EA. Two weeks ago I was bragging to my friends that I was getting the best car soon. Now I'm totally put off.
Can't comment on the financing, but there are other threads about that experience on this forum.

Couple comments on the charging experience. It's definitely not uniform across the country, so would recommend you look at what's available in your area. Check Plugshare, ABRP, etc., to see how EA performance is near you. There are also other charging networks that are sometimes better than EA (e.g. EVGO, Chargepoint, etc.). While not part of the free charging incentive with your purchase/lease, there are other options. Also, if you have a charger at home, that obviously helps as I do the vast majority of charging at home and don't stress about public charging nearly as much. No doubt EA needs to improve though...

Thanks. I’ll search for the financing-related posts.
Seriously thinking I may sit this one out and wait til this becomes a real company. Shouldn’t be this hard to give someone $130k+ of my money. In a couple of years 512 won’t be so crazy far ahead of the pack.

Looks like my delivery will be sometime this coming week. However I’m having trouble with the wire transfer from Chase. They are very anal about wire transfer fraud issues and have held it up for review. I called them last night and answered a variety of security questions. Much of the issue revolves around them not being familiar with Lucid. So questions such as ‘do you know the company?’, ’have you seen the car?’, ‘have you been to one of their locations?’, ’where do they do business?’, were asked. They are hoping to have this resolved by today or Monday.

It certainly would be easier if they accepted a bank check! I may have to use a different bank I also do business with if I reach an impasse with Chase.

I have to say that it all worked out fine in the end. After an iteration or two and some confusion, everything is signed, we agree on the numbers, and the car will be here on Tuesday. I’m thrilled and wouldn’t worry too much about it if I were you. EA is a mess but there are a lot of companies building out networks – my own startup included lol. Even though we Lucid people won’t benefit from it, the transition to NCS in the US is going to be a big help.

It certainly would be easier if they accepted a bank check! I may have to use a different bank I also do business with if I reach an impasse with Chase.
They took a bank check from me. No question asked.

Looks like my delivery will be sometime this coming week. However I’m having trouble with the wire transfer from Chase. They are very anal about wire transfer fraud issues and have held it up for review. I called them last night and answered a variety of security questions. Much of the issue revolves around them not being familiar with Lucid. So questions such as ‘do you know the company?’, ’have you seen the car?’, ‘have you been to one of their locations?’, ’where do they do business?’, were asked. They are hoping to have this resolved by today or Monday.

I had same issue walked into BOA and experienced the same. Then I went to Wells Fargo to clear it. They are just looking out for your best interest not scammed. It’s easier to walk in to branch to do this.

What happened to the good old days, not that long ago? You walked in, paid with a personal check, and drove the car home? I've alway done that. We are not trusted anymore? Is it just Lucid? In my last car transaction I gave Tesla a personal check for $110,000 and drove home with my model S.

What happened to the good old days, not that long ago? You walked in, paid with a personal check, and drove the car home? I've alway done that. We are not trusted anymore? Is it just Lucid? In my last car transaction I gave Tesla a personal check for $110,000 and drove home with my model S.
Different companies have different policies on payment. Airlines, for example, no longer take cash for on-board purchases.

You were probably not really "trusted". If your check bounced, then Telsa would not process the title transfer and report the car as stolen. :eek: :)

I have also used a personal check before but many years ago. I even remember giving a dealer a personal check for a BMW and my credit union saying that they would process the check and roll it into a car loan.

Called my DA who confirmed the offer but supposedly no car with SSPro and DDPro was available. I'll wait.

Well I just got my invitation to pay and it was for the entire amount of the car. Did not seem to account for Bank of America holding the lease so it was about $141,000 more than I expected. Reached out to Lucid but hope I don’t have my Tuesday delivery messed up.

They took a bank check from me. No question asked.
Interesting. I thought I read someone else did the same too. I think if all else fails I'll ask for that option. Did they take the bank check at delivery or did you send it in?

Interesting. I thought I read someone else did the same too. I think if all else fails I'll ask for that option. Did they take the bank check at delivery or did you send it in?
At delivery.
And they were very causal about the whole thing in that they only asked for the check at the very end of the whole delivery process, having printed the day before whatever little paperwork they had for me.

At delivery.
And they were very causal about the whole thing in that they only asked for the check at the very end of the whole delivery process, having printed the day before whatever little paperwork they had for me.
Thanks. If needed I’ll definitely offer this as an alternative. I’m not sure why this is not one of the preferred options offered.

Back