IMG_1103.webp
    252.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1104.webp
    IMG_1104.webp
    309.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1102.webp
    IMG_1102.webp
    176.6 KB · Views: 115
Here's one of my DE from August 2022, from an EV show in Sunnyvale (I took it, I just found these photos on an old SD card)

View attachment 21737
Am I the only one who prefers ZR when the light makes it appear darker? Seeing bright red on a "classy" car like the Air feels wrong, lol.

Am I the only one who prefers ZR when the light makes it appear darker? Seeing bright red on a "classy" car like the Air feels wrong, lol.
I don't know. I love it when the brighter red shows through.

I love the gradient; even where it’s bright red, it’s still wine, not fire engine. And even in this shot, the bright red is contrasted by the almost-black dark red just behind it in the shadow.

I love the gradient; even where it’s bright red, it’s still wine, not fire engine. And even in this shot, the bright red is contrasted by the almost-black dark red just behind it in the shadow.
Agreed, and the red really accentuates how carefully they sculpted the body shape. Dare I say it's sexy? The other colors are great in their own right, but ZR on this car is something more.

Oh, believe me, I'm not saying I hate the color when it looks "brighter." I love ZR regardless of how it looks in any light, and the exaggerated, "shiny" candy-red gradient in your picture is still absolutely beautiful. I just like it a little bit more when the gradient is darker... like the picture below! (where there is still a gradient, but compared to your picture, everything looks relatively darker)

Maybe it's just because I'm traditionally a dark-red guy (perhaps a bit ironic, given my age)? For reference, "Ferrari red" is among the worst reds for me...

Also, a question for you... wouldn't wine be the "almost-black red" you describe? It's not like I'm in any position of knowing this, lol.

1720625150162.png

Agreed, and the red really accentuates how carefully they sculpted the body shape. Dare I say it's sexy? The other colors are great in their own right, but ZR on this car is something more.
Now, something we can all agree on is that ZR is THE best color for the Air. There are some other nice colors, like Sapphire Blue or QG, but ZR handily beats both of those!

Last edited:
something we can all agree on is that ZR is THE best color for the Air. There are some other nice colors, like Sapphire Blue or QG, but ZR handily beats both of those!
Who is "all"?
Best colors are, White, Sapphire and yellow, of course :)
I associate ZR color as a really old grandpa/grandma Buick color.
Looking for a flamesuit as i type :)

I like my nice, sedate, Cosmos Silver. It's so befitting my status as a 75 year old white-haired gentleman. So, why do I have this overwhelming urge to add the Lucid Bears to the sides, and to have my brake calipers painted flare yellow???

I like my nice, sedate, Cosmos Silver. It's so befitting my status as a 75 year old white-haired gentleman. So, why do I have this overwhelming urge to add the Lucid Bears to the sides, and to have my brake calipers painted flare yellow???
Because why the hell not?

Just do it !

Fantastic! I think that would look great.

Is this thread by Lucid pics only?

Still a handsome look!

Attachments

• Zenith DE-P 2.webp
    Zenith DE-P 2.webp
    316.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Zenith DE-P.webp
    Zenith DE-P.webp
    448.1 KB · Views: 80
Back