Share your best pic!

That too, on 19s! It's not like the C8 is exactly slow, but the GT makes it look like that, lol.
True, it was my first drag strip racing ever. Honestly, looking through my rear view mirror, I thought those guys gave up midrace - the gap was that noticeable.

Tooltobe:
Awesome vid. Just did a run at local track in my C8 Z06 with friends GT Performance……. Dead heat. Z will beat the base GT but it’s close 👍
GT looks so good with 21’s not a fan of 19-20

Reactions: mka
Tooltobe:
Awesome vid. Just did a run at local track in my C8 Z06 with friends GT Performance……. Dead heat. Z will beat the base GT but it’s close 👍
GT looks so good with 21’s not a fan of 19-20
Yeah, 19s are not great when it comes to traction on a track. I’m considering a separate set of 20s/21s.

Yeah, 19s are not great when it comes to traction on a track. I’m considering a separate set of 20s/21s.
The 21s make a massive difference. I know people love to complain about them, but they’re some of the better handling tires I’ve driven on.

To be fair, I haven’t driven on the 20s and love Michelin in general, so those may be great too.

The 19s are a big step down, but for a road trip or around town they’re perfect. I just don’t launch in them very often because it’s a lot less fun. The squeal is fun the first time, and then you wish it just gripped lol

The 21s make a massive difference. I know people love to complain about them, but they’re some of the better handling tires I’ve driven on.

To be fair, I haven’t driven on the 20s and love Michelin in general, so those may be great too.

The 19s are a big step down, but for a road trip or around town they’re perfect. I just don’t launch in them very often because it’s a lot less fun. The squeal is fun the first time, and then you wish it just gripped lol
Yeah, I had a relatively bad traction doing 0-60 pretty much every time. Considering getting a set of 21s.

Great run! And on 19s! The C8 driver had to be really surprised
Honestly, even I was surprised. Don’t forget, the C8 has a 0-60 of around 2.9, which is technically faster than the GT. I expected the GT to lose the launch and win it at the end, but it beat the Vette on both fronts.. with 19s. Shocking, in a good way!

Hey, @borski! Is Covid pretty much behind you now? No lingering aftereffects, I hope.

Honestly, even I was surprised. Don’t forget, the C8 has a 0-60 of around 2.9, which is technically faster than the GT. I expected the GT to lose the launch and win it at the end, but it beat the Vette on both fronts.. with 19s. Shocking, in a good way!
I don’t know much about these cars, but my impression is that one needs to know what they are doing in order to properly launch it. If that’s the case, maybe those guys don’t have much track experience?

Wait, what's latent fatigue? Is that just a type of regular fatigue? Glad the more "major" things are out of the way!
I had fatigue from COVID. Some of it is still lingering about and I am still more tired than normal. Will take another week or two hopefully for that to go away, if prior experiences are a guide.

Here is an easter egg you might not know about: Logo projector option!

20240626_124607.jpg

I had fatigue from COVID. Some of it is still lingering about and I am still more tired than normal. Will take another week or two hopefully for that to go away, if prior experiences are a guide.
Got it again too a few weeks ago. I just last week tested negative but still get tired just standing watering the garden, yet I still can't sleep. Fortunately headache is finally gone. Perhaps my brain fog is early onset dementia.

= even though I've had every shot (5) offered, including annual flu shots. Apparently this new version is even more contagious but less severe (as Fauci predicted). Fortunately it stayed in my head and I thought it was a cold or allergies until I used a left-over test kit because the sudaphed was not working against my "cold/allergies". Headache was even worse because I have stopped taking any pain relievers due to holes in stomach.

. Had the strongest positive Ive ever seen. (terrified of drowning in my own mucus). This time I definitely had the "brain fog" symptom, but did not lose sense of smell as I did previously. I got lost on the PA turnpike just a few miles from home. Lost. There is no way to get lost on the PA turnpike...but I was totally lost in my head. This was scary. It cleared in a week but yes, still unusually tired in spite of doing nothing all day. Apparently seasonal covid is now a thing. This winter is going to be interesting.

Agree and can confirm everything you said. Ordered the car with 19's for range, but local offered pristine set of 21s and I absolutely love them.
The difference between them is not subtle. Also, I think the ride is better on the 21s. I've had two seasons swapping between the sets so my data is validated. Running the 21s at 44 psi. Got this to check inside-facing for bubbles: ( the PA roads are the worst in the country )

1719444910152.jpeg

Yes I did replace a front tire for pothole bubble. Still, it's worth it. They are that much better.

Will not try a set of 20s because the wheels are so ugly. Thinking about buying another set of 21s because they are so cheap now. Glad everyone still thinks Pirellis are crap and will take any offer to unload them.
1719445413554.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting juxtaposition…As others have said, the Muskmobile looks like it was designed by a child.

Attachments

• IMG_3694.jpeg
    IMG_3694.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
Muskmobile looks like it was designed by a child.
Because, most likely it was.
Btw, what are the multiple darker spots on the side of the truck?

Back