Setting Up Tidal Free Trial

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
So until Lucid provides us with Apple CarPlay or the ability to connect an iPhone directly via USB and play recorded Dolby Atmos selections I'm thinking I will need to use the Tidal streaming connection. I have seen various comments indicating some have set it up correctly and others are not getting the "top of the line" Tidal version. So I'm hoping one of our more experienced Tidal users on this forum can provide specific instructions to download the trial version and get the full dolby atmos experience please.

I honestly would wait. The Tidal interface on Lucid only allows you to select the "high" setting. This does not get you Master tracks by default. So will hear very little or no difference between Spotify high and Tidal high. You can find some specially curated Dolby Atmos Playlist but only those lists will activate the Dolby in the car. They sound AMAZING, but it's not your Playlist. Until Tidal gives you the ability to choose "hifi" as a setting I wouldn't bother

Ok I’m a technology moron, but I’ll try: get on Tidal’s website and get the 3-month trial. Make sure it is the highest level, HiFi Plus, which gives you access to “Master” tracks and collections. Then log in to the Lucid using your login and password you created on their website.

Tidal’s UI sucks compared to Spotify. I’m still playing with it but haven’t found a way to make the display as simple as Spotify. There are full “Master”collections that are compilations of songs supposedly recorded in HiFi (?), but not all of the tracks that say “Master” light up the “Dolby Atmos” symbol in the Lucid, changing it from Gray to White. When it’s lit up white, you’ve found a “Master” track. To my 52-year old ears, it is slightly clearer and more pristine sound.

I honestly would wait. The Tidal interface on Lucid only allows you to select the "high" setting. This does not get you Master tracks by default. So will hear very little or no difference between Spotify high and Tidal high. You can find some specially curated Dolby Atmos Playlist but only those lists will activate the Dolby in the car. They sound AMAZING, but it's not your Playlist. Until Tidal gives you the ability to choose "hifi" as a setting I wouldn't bother
I fully agree

I was under the impression that some of our members did have the "hifi" setting??

I was under the impression that some of our members did have the "hifi" setting??
As far as I've seen, we all have the hifi accounts, but because you can't choose that setting on the Tidal settings, you don't get access to hifi in the car, except those specific playlists

Another huge downside to Tidal: it does not yet function with Amazon Alexa. Spotify does. So you can say “Alexa, play my Favorites playlist on Spotify,” and she does. If you try to tell Alexa to play a playlist on Tidal, she says “Tidal is not supported on Alexa.” That’s a huge deal-breaker for me.

If it is any consolation to those who haven’t received their cars yet, the audio system is quite incredible even playing normal Spotify or Amazon music.

Another huge downside to Tidal: it does not yet function with Amazon Alexa. Spotify does. So you can say “Alexa, play my Favorites playlist on Spotify,” and she does. If you try to tell Alexa to play a playlist on Tidal, she says “Tidal is not supported on Alexa.” That’s a huge deal-breaker for me.

If it is any consolation to those who haven’t received their cars yet, the audio system is quite incredible even playing normal Spotify or Amazon music.
You need to enable Alexa’s Tidal skill.

When I tried to play Tidal's Dolby Atmos, I get a message "Playing in Stereo. This device is not capable of playing Dolby Atmos content". Am I missing something?

Attachments

• IMG_5884.jpg
    IMG_5884.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
I believe this might have to do with the bitrate at which Till can download to the car. It is not unlimited

So bottom line is it worth it to get Tidal while I'm waiting for Apple CarPlay? Will I be able to actually listen to true Dolby Atmos on Tidal?

So bottom line is it worth it to get Tidal while I'm waiting for Apple CarPlay? Will I be able to actually listen to true Dolby Atmos on Tidal?

You can. It just cuts out in bad network conditions because it doesn’t let you download to the car.

Sounds incredible though.

You can. It just cuts out in bad network conditions because it doesn’t let you download to the car.

Sounds incredible though.
I believe Spotify does let you download to device (?) Does Spotify have music in Dolby Atmos?

I believe Spotify does let you download to device (?) Does Spotify have music in Dolby Atmos?

Not yet, and Tidal lets you download too - but neither lets you download to the car yet.

This is a direct quote form a tidal rep that you might find useful.

The Lucid Air cars are able to play Normal to High sound qualities which are included in the HiFi subscription. HiFi and Masters sound qualities are not available in the Lucid Air. The High sound quality plays at 320 kbps (AAC).

This is a direct quote form a tidal rep that you might find useful.

The Lucid Air cars are able to play Normal to High sound qualities which are included in the HiFi subscription. HiFi and Masters sound qualities are not available in the Lucid Air. The High sound quality plays at 320 kbps (AAC).
And THAT is why I cancelled my Tidal sub until further notice of being able to play Hifi or Master =)

And THAT is why I cancelled my Tidal sub until further notice of being able to play Hifi or Master =)

This won’t be true forever, is my understanding.

This won’t be true forever, is my understanding.
Yea probably not, but I'll re enroll when it becomes available

Back