Setting Up Tidal Free Trial

Yea probably not, but I'll re enroll when it becomes available
So based on what Copper wrote on his posting and this latest info from Tidal, it sounds like I'm just as well off playing my Dolby Atmos recordings from Apple Music via Bluetooth (recognizing I won't be actually getting Dolby Atmos) for now until either Tidal moves up to HiFi or Master or we get Apple CarPlay. Makes me wonder why Lucid was pushing Dolby Atmos so hard in the promotions if we really can't enjoy it??

So based on what Copper wrote on his posting and this latest info from Tidal, it sounds like I'm just as well off playing my Dolby Atmos recordings from Apple Music via Bluetooth (recognizing I won't be actually getting Dolby Atmos) for now until either Tidal moves up to HiFi or Master or we get Apple CarPlay. Makes me wonder why Lucid was pushing Dolby Atmos so hard in the promotions if we really can't enjoy it??

Because it’s the first ever car (though not the last) that can actually do Atmos, even if not all the options for it are supported yet.

Similar, I suspect, to why it’s CarPlay and Android Auto “compatible” even though those don’t exist yet.

So I went ahead anyway and paid $6 for a 60 day free trial of Tidal. I did find a couple of "Dolby Atmos" pre arranged groupings of songs but most are not what I would have chosen. There doesn't appear to be a way of creating a "playlist" like you can on Apple Music, or if there is I haven't figured out how to do it?? They do have some playlists labeled "Master" but I'm not sure what that means?? I believe someone said if you are actually playing a dolby atmos recording in the Lucid there is a dolby symbol that shows up on the monitor??

So I went ahead anyway and paid $6 for a 60 day free trial of Tidal. I did find a couple of "Dolby Atmos" pre arranged groupings of songs but most are not what I would have chosen. There doesn't appear to be a way of creating a "playlist" like you can on Apple Music, or if there is I haven't figured out how to do it?? They do have some playlists labeled "Master" but I'm not sure what that means?? I believe someone said if you are actually playing a dolby atmos recording in the Lucid there is a dolby symbol that shows up on the monitor??
You can add songs to a favorite Playlist, but not in the car, either through the app or the desktop version.

Master tracks are highest encoded audio format but Lucid doesn't support that yet, or maybe never.

The Dolby symbol lights up from grey to white when the track being played is actually Dolby encoded and coming through.

You can add songs to a favorite Playlist, but not in the car, either through the app or the desktop version.

Master tracks are highest encoded audio format but Lucid doesn't support that yet, or maybe never.

The Dolby symbol lights up from grey to white when the track being played is actually Dolby encoded and coming through.
I don't see the Dolby symbol at all either in grey or white?? Where do I look please?

I don't see the Dolby symbol at all either in grey or white?? Where do I look please?
On the right driver panel (the curved one) it will display "Dolby Atmos" above the arist/song name. Unfortunately, I cancelled my sub, maybe @borski can get one for you?

On the right driver panel (the curved one) it will display "Dolby Atmos" above the arist/song name. Unfortunately, I cancelled my sub, maybe @borski can get one for you?
Yes I finally got a good Tidal connection and it did show Dolby Atmos in white as you said. I'm playing their 60 song Dolby Atmos "playlist" and unfortunately it doesn't have a lot of the stuff I really like and does have a lot of stuff I'm not too fond of. I have to figure out how to create my own playlist with Tidal. Even though the stuff I listened to wasn't my "cup of tea" I have to admit it did sound fantastic. Can't wait for Apple CarPlay!!

Yes I finally got a good Tidal connection and it did show Dolby Atmos in white as you said. I'm playing their 60 song Dolby Atmos "playlist" and unfortunately it doesn't have a lot of the stuff I really like and does have a lot of stuff I'm not too fond of. I have to figure out how to create my own playlist with Tidal. Even though the stuff I listened to wasn't my "cup of tea" I have to admit it did sound fantastic. Can't wait for Apple CarPlay!!
There are a couple of 3rd party apps that will transfer a playlist form other services to Tidal. Some are free but have paid upgrades to sync playlists across multiple platforms.

There are a couple of 3rd party apps that will transfer a playlist form other services to Tidal. Some are free but have paid upgrades to sync playlists across multiple platforms.
The main problem is that even with the playlist transferred, the Tidal app in the Lucid won't let you stream on HiFi or Master, so you won't get Dolby on your playlist listening in the car. That's why I cancelled

The main problem is that even with the playlist transferred, the Tidal app in the Lucid won't let you stream on HiFi or Master, so you won't get Dolby on your playlist listening in the car. That's why I cancelled
Okay I did manage to create a Tidal playlist looking at all the available Dolby Atmos recordings. I have to say the selection is very limited. The Playlist I created has only 37 songs. My Apple Music Dolby Atmos Playlist I created has over 1300 songs and they are all choices I like. I will use Tidal until CarPlay becomes available and I hope Tidal will add more selections. Can't understand why there is such a shortage of choices on Tidal?? I did experience the "loss of connection" issue briefly while visiting a friend in Morgan Hill today but it only lasted a few minutes.

Okay I did manage to create a Tidal playlist looking at all the available Dolby Atmos recordings. I have to say the selection is very limited. The Playlist I created has only 37 songs. My Apple Music Dolby Atmos Playlist I created has over 1300 songs and they are all choices I like. I will use Tidal until CarPlay becomes available and I hope Tidal will add more selections. Can't understand why there is such a shortage of choices on Tidal?? I did experience the "loss of connection" issue briefly while visiting a friend in Morgan Hill today but it only lasted a few minutes.
Tidal has A LOT of Dolby tracks, millions of them. But....the Lucid won't let you stream higher quality than high...so you can't access them in the car as a Dolby track

Tidal has A LOT of Dolby tracks, millions of them. But....the Lucid won't let you stream higher quality than high...so you can't access them in the car as a Dolby track
How do I find those millions of dolby tracks? When I did the search on my computer after logging in on the Tidal website, less than 150 choices came up?? Where are the others hiding?

How do I find those millions of dolby tracks? When I did the search on my computer after logging in on the Tidal website, less than 150 choices came up?? Where are the others hiding?
I retract my previous comments. I misunderstood that Dolby tracks use a different encoding that the master tracks available on Tidal. But here it is in the app.

Screenshot_20220322-175607_TIDAL.jpg
Screenshot_20220322-175619_TIDAL.jpg

I retract my previous comments. I misunderstood that Dolby tracks use a different encoding that the master tracks available on Tidal. But here it is in the app.

View attachment 1169View attachment 1170
I am in the app on my iphone. I can't find that first page that shows the various options one of which is Dolby Atmos?? How did you get to that screen? I went to the search and typed in Dolby Atmos and that is where I found the limited options available (about 150 songs or less, many of which I'm not at all interested in). I've tried and tried but can't find that screen? Most likely it will just take me to the same place but I'd like to know how to find that screen?

I wish I could tell you...is there an explore option?

PXL_20230310_185819420 - Copy.jpg

a sensibly-sized-senior's remote control .... now give me a phone with a screen that size and I'll try it again.

AWESOME ! From the phone app ( apparently you must go to google store, search Tidal, download it (duh), and hey....that was easy!
selected three albums I know very very well on all kinds of media, selected the "let us do this sample"....
first song: CCR 'have you ever seen the rain?" (random pick) ... and it starts raining as the bass walks us into the song. Mouth agape.

The universe likes me.

The audio in this car is astounding. The bass is best I have ever heard ... clean, accurate, no distortion....and deep! Clearly those who complain about the bass don't like music ... or don't know what the artists / engineers intended.

I had to come home because the school busses are out. ...

Thanks to everyone ... I love this car! OK moderators ... please delete these stupid posts. Thanks for your tolerance. [deleted -Bobby]

Back