Second owners assemble!

Spin Doctor

Verified Owner
Cars
'22 AGT, '93 968
Referral Code
NM5ZS2NA
With the increasing numbers of folk joining the Lucid experience through buying used, rather than new, it might be helpful to have a place to track and share experiences. Kind of like the various 'Ordering, Production and Delivery' threads. I'm sure there will also be common comments / questions around purchasing, charging, account / app transfer, warranty service etc etc.

Here's a table - I've added columns for stealth, roof etc even though these aren't likely to hit the used market just yet.

I'll kick off:

Purchase dateUserLocationTrim levelColorInteriorWheelsDDPSSPRoofStealth
4/7/2023@Spin Doctor Washington DCGrand TouringInfinite BlackTahoe19"
✅
✅
Glass

With the increasing numbers of folk joining the Lucid experience through buying used, rather than new, it might be helpful to have a place to track and share experiences. Kind of like the various 'Ordering, Production and Delivery' threads. I'm sure there will also be common comments / questions around purchasing, charging, account / app transfer, warranty service etc etc.

Here's a table - I've added columns for stealth, roof etc even though these aren't likely to hit the used market just yet.

I'll kick off:

4/7/2023@Spin DoctorWashington DCGrand TouringInfinite BlackTahoe19"
✅
✅
Glass
Uh, I don't know if you recognize the obvious issue but you cant edit after 10 mins. Maybe ask for mod support?

Uh, I don't know if you recognize the obvious issue but you cant edit after 10 mins. Maybe ask for mod support?
Super helpful suggestion, thank you.

My experience: I found my car at a dealership in NJ, rode up there on the train and drove it home.

On transferring the car: I'd reached out to Customer Service by email in advance so knew to send them a copy of my license, bill of sale and temporary registration, after which I received app access within an hour or two - can't tell exactly because I was driving. Previous owner had left their profile active, so Customer Service emailed with directions on how to set up my own profile and delete his. Still waiting for them to add the car to my account, which can take up to five days, but for now the website still shows my previous, now canceled, Touring order.

No warranty issues as yet - I inspected the car thoroughly, panel fit is fine and of course it drives beautifully :D

I'm not sure why we would need a listing of people that have done this. I've had zero issues being a second owner compared to what original owners have experienced.

IDK, I thought it was a nice idea. Perhaps I'm being overenthusiastic - in which case feel free to let the thread sink :)

If someone were to make s checklist of the process, I could see that being a sticky thread 😁

I'll kick off:

4/7/2023@Spin DoctorWashington DCGrand TouringInfinite BlackTahoe19"
✅
✅
Glass
It looks like you have made a lovely spreadsheet. I'm not sure if that is on Google, but if it is you can share the link and others can edit it.

If someone were to make s checklist of the process, I could see that being a sticky thread 😁
I think it's very similar to new ownership, only difference is just you have to have registration and Bill of sale in hand to email to lucid customer support to get the app working.

Most used owners keep the previous owner's profile on the car until they get access to their own profile to ensure there's no issues during transfer. I removed the profile of my previous owner after I was able to make my own.

Other than that, I've been treated great by customer service and have had exceptional service. Len helped me out a lot and got me in contact with Patricia from Customer Service so I thank then a lot for my excellent experience and service.

Can't speak higher about Lucid Service, it's been honestly exceptional.

I think it's very similar to new ownership, only difference is just you have to have registration and Bill of sale in hand to email to lucid customer support to get the app working.

Most used owners keep the previous owner's profile on the car until they get access to their own profile to ensure there's no issues during transfer. I removed the profile of my previous owner after I was able to make my own.

Other than that, I've been treated great by customer service and have had exceptional service. Len helped me out a lot and got me in contact with Patricia from Customer Service so I thank then a lot for my excellent experience and service.

Can't speak higher about Lucid Service, it's been honestly exceptional.
is removing profile of previous owner the only you need to do? i know lucid transfers the car to your name on their backend, but do you or lucid have to do any sort of "wipe" so that no previous owner's info remain in the car?

I would say, after you're able to get your own profile, a full wipe of all data (what they'll let you do) should be on the list. I forgot to do that and really don't want to configure everything again.

That said, I was able to get the email address for the previous owner from one of his logins to ask about the vehicle history because he didn't wipe it when trading in the car.

I was the original owner of a Dream Edition P (No. 154) which was totaled in a wreck almost a month ago. I so loved the car that I replaced it with another Dream Edition P (No. 395) that arrived two days ago -- same Zenith Red color, same 21" wheels, but with 11,500 fewer miles. I found the replacement car on the internet at a Volvo dealership in New Hampshire.

The car was first delivered out of the Riviera Beach Service Center in Florida -- as was my original car -- and Lucid was very helpful in providing me the service history on the car as well as checking out the battery state of health and charging patterns while in the hands of the dealer. Everything was fine. All the software updates had been uploaded, and the recall examinations (front dampers, tow hook) had been done.

Like some others here, I chose not to do a full wipe back to the original factory settings but instead to remove the prior owner's profile (the dealer supplied me with the PIN) and then sign out of each app and sign back in with my login information. As Lucids can be finicky with recognizing key fobs and mobile keys (but actually less so than our 2021 Model S Plaid), I did not want to risk a full wipe.

The first order of business was to replace all the tires, even though the car had only ~5,200 miles on it. The dealer insisted he never drove it in snow or inclement weather, but he did put ~1,000 miles on it in a New England winter. This made me worry that the tires might have experienced some "glassification" of the summer tread compound (21" wheels) due to cold temperatures, and I'm a stickler about tire care.

Although the interior was pristine, there was a ding on a rear passenger door (fixed yesterday by my dent repair guy) and a few paint blemishes and light scratches (which will be taken care of when the car is prepped to be wrapped with Xpel Ultimate Fusion next week).

The only physical difference I've found between the two cars is that my original had the small "window" in the bottom right of the windshield that allowed signal transmission through the glass treatment for toll readers, radar detectors, etc. The later car had the newer windshield that did not require such a window. The one mechanical quirk I've found in the newer car is that the right side of the frunk does not always release without several tries -- a problem that my first Dream had until a service shop adjustment. It's something I'll address with a service visit when I get around to it.

End of the day, I'm back to driving the best car I've ever owned . . . and hoping no one makes a turn across my lane again.

is removing profile of previous owner the only you need to do? i know lucid transfers the car to your name on their backend, but do you or lucid have to do any sort of "wipe" so that no previous owner's info remain in the car?
The previous owner didn't care. He just asked I removed his profile and attached profile from the car. I simply removed his profile after getting it assigned to me.

Not necessary though as once the VIN is assigned to you, the previous owner's app will basically not work anymore towards the vehicle.

So not mandatory, but recommended

Not clear how to add my car to the list, but I have had no issues with my new to me AGT-P. I drove back to DC from Florida, and have road tripped to Boston and NYC. I don’t worry about EA, though they have been fairly reliable; I use whatever EVSE is nearest when I’m around 15% SOC.

Aha, another DC owner - I'll look out for you on our potholed streets as I dodge the lunatic MD drivers ;)

Spreadsheet is linked here for anyone who wants it. And as for my Air, still waiting for account transfer to be completed but the app works fine so I'm not going to harass them. My wife has driven it more than I have this week and seems to be enjoying it :)

Aha, another DC owner - I'll look out for you on our potholed streets as I dodge the lunatic MD drivers ;)

Spreadsheet is linked here for anyone who wants it. And as for my Air, still waiting for account transfer to be completed but the app works fine so I'm not going to harass them. My wife has driven it more than I have this week and seems to be enjoying it :)
If you were heading south on Connecticut through Cleveland Park a little over an hour ago, our paths have crossed!

What do you mean "the app works fine"
If it hasn't been transferred you shouldn't be able to do anything on your Air remotely, right? Did they change that?

Not sure if anything has changed ... what I can tell you is that, once I'd followed the (very helpful) emailed directions from Customer Service and set up my profile in the car, and entered on the Pilot Panel the same email / password that I'd used to set up my account way back when, I was able to access the car in the app shortly thereafter.

But I still can't see the Portal on the website; when I log in on my laptop to lucidmotors.com I still see the dashboard with my canceled order. It's this part that they said could take up to five days, so I'll leave it until Monday and then email them again. TBH I'm not really sure what I'm missing, but if there's a portal on the website I suppose I should be able to access it?

Not sure if anything has changed ... what I can tell you is that, once I'd followed the (very helpful) emailed directions from Customer Service and set up my profile in the car, and entered on the Pilot Panel the same email / password that I'd used to set up my account way back when, I was able to access the car in the app shortly thereafter.

But I still can't see the Portal on the website; when I log in on my laptop to lucidmotors.com I still see the dashboard with my canceled order. It's this part that they said could take up to five days, so I'll leave it until Monday and then email them again. TBH I'm not really sure what I'm missing, but if there's a portal on the website I suppose I should be able to access it?
That means they definitely changed the used owner process for the app. Before, all app functions including remote climate and unlocking the car was unavailable. You'd be forced to use the Fob basically because the car isn't assigned under your profile.
So if you don't have the car registered right now even temp registration and haven't emailed them. Then that means the process has changed, for the better.

Back