Screen not working on car startup...

Anybody else having this problem on vehicle startup? Intermittently (about 1 or 2 times a week) when I get into the car and it starts up, the far right screen doesn't work - i see static/flickering/dead space (like below) and only a reboot (turn signal, lock doors) will bring it back to normal.

I was advised this was a known software issue but I 1) haven't seen it mentioned by anybody else so didn't know if it was just me or others were seeing it as well and 2) if it may - in fact - be a hardware issue.

Really annoying - esp at night it's distracting and, in the case below, i had a full car leaving a restaurant and it wasn't practical to pull over, restart the car, etc. so I just drove home with it. Of course, when that screen is dead, no access to nav/radio/garage door control, etc.

View attachment 710
My key fob stopped working a week ago. I had to register the second key fob. A few days later, that key fob started having issues working intermittently. By the end of the week, my pilot panel and top right screen didn’t turn on for a few minutes and then the desert scape appeared with Lucid across and was frozen there as I drove to the tennis club in the evening. After the club closed, I had to unlock the car with my phone. Sat in the car and this time the pilot screen was black and I couldn’t start the car because it was asking me to enter my pin since it didn’t recognize my key fob. I sat in a dark parking lot for 20 minutes before the car mysteriously allowed me to drive as I was on the phone with lucid roadside. It’s been 4 days and my car is unchanged. They are sending a service team to my house in two days. It’s really sad to have so many terrible issues after owning the car for only a month! The fact that it also relies on internet connectivity sucks for me because I live in an area with spotty connection in many parts of our town.

Attachments

• 4113BBAC-3994-46FD-BB3E-A2EB7293FC48.jpeg
    4113BBAC-3994-46FD-BB3E-A2EB7293FC48.jpeg
    764.3 KB · Views: 68
The fact that it also relies on internet connectivity sucks for me because I live in an area with spotty connection in many parts of our town.

This is also an issue for us. The situation seems to have gotten worse with the transition of carriers to 5G service. Our car drops music streaming and satellite mapping constantly during drives around town, especially at large intersections for some reason. We usually (but far from always) maintain voice data service on our cell phones, indicating we are getting some bandwidth but not enough to run data-intensive systems.

It's nice to have a car with internet-based features, but the cell infrastructure is not yet robust enough for cars to operate core functions without backup systems. Our Honda, for instance, has a small metal key concealed in its key fob that can be taken out to open the car if the fob or bluetooth fails. And our 2015 Tesla had USB ports that could read music sticks (sometimes, anyway) if streaming was not available. The ability to use a music stick is gone from our 2021 Tesla. It seems every new generation of cars removes yet another non-cell backup.

This is also an issue for us. The situation seems to have gotten worse with the transition of carriers to 5G service. Our car drops music streaming and satellite mapping constantly during drives around town, especially at large intersections for some reason. We usually (but far from always) maintain voice data service on our cell phones, indicating we are getting some bandwidth but not enough to run data-intensive systems.

It's nice to have a car with internet-based features, but the cell infrastructure is not yet robust enough for cars to operate core functions without backup systems. Our Honda, for instance, has a small metal key concealed in its key fob that can be taken out to open the car if the fob or bluetooth fails. And our 2015 Tesla had USB ports that could read music sticks (sometimes, anyway) if streaming was not available. The ability to use a music stick is gone from our 2021 Tesla. It seems every new generation of cars removes yet another non-cell backup.
Is the Lucid equipped with 5G? Even then I hope this module can be updated. I did notice the car saying it is offline when I am just outside my garage. It was connected to my home wifi and as the signal gets weaker, it takes time to connect to LTE. I know that it is a tricky situation for software to switch between the two but cell phones have been dealing with this issue for years now. There must be a solution.

Is the Lucid equipped with 5G?

I don't know. A software programmer friend told me that some of the signal loss we're experiencing in our area might be related to towers switching to 5G as well as to recent damage from Hurricane Ian.

Is the Lucid equipped with 5G? Even then I hope this module can be updated. I did notice the car saying it is offline when I am just outside my garage. It was connected to my home wifi and as the signal gets weaker, it takes time to connect to LTE. I know that it is a tricky situation for software to switch between the two but cell phones have been dealing with this issue for years now. There must be a solution.
I think it's just LTE right now. I'd imagine it is updatable but I don't know for sure.

Back