Saudi Arabia connection

Jay

Cars
BMW 428, Pure...soon
Especially since SA is making anti-USA moves (by lowering its oil production) is anyone having second thoughts about owning a Saudi-financed Lucid? I know there isn't a fully politically correct car to buy, (i.e. Henry Ford was an anti-Semite,) but I'd like your opinions, please!

Especially since SA is making anti-USA moves (by lowering its oil production) is anyone having second thoughts about owning a Saudi-financed Lucid? I know there isn't a fully politically correct car to buy, (i.e. Henry Ford was an anti-Semite,) but I'd like your opinions, please!
And VW was founded by Hitler…
And your iPhone was made in China…

Last edited:
think for yourself about it. everyone will have their own opinion, moral comfort level. why do you care what others think about this?

Taking the moral high ground is such a personal thing. I don't believe anyone such redicule someone who contemplates such decisions. Given how interconnected the world is now, being a purest is getting harder and harder. There is not an easy anwser to this issue. We each just need to draw the line in the sand and understand that others will draw their respective lines differently based on their experiences and views.

If you want to boycott Saudi Arabia, you might as well do these as well…

- Stop using mobile phone 5G and home internet as they own Qalcomm.

- Stop taking your kids to DisneyWorld and watching Disney cartoon and movies and Marvel films and comic as they own Disney.

- Quit drinking caffeine as they own your Starbucks.

- Don’t go to concerts or events as they own LiveNation.

- Withdraw immediately from Bank Of America as they own it.

- Dont improve your house as they own Home Depot.

- Don’s stock up in bulk as they own Costco.

- Don’t search internet as they own Alphabet.

There is a lot more for you to boycott.

- Stop taking your kids to DisneyWorld and watching Disney cartoon and movies and Marvel films and comic as they own Disney.

Wait, seriously? Lol they are majority stakeholders in all those companies?

Lucid ain't ever dying then 😆

They aren’t majority (51%+), but they are top shareholder of each. OP should boycott ICE instead of Lucid as petrol allowed the to own America.

Saudi Aramco achieved a record quarterly and half-year net income of $48.4 billion in the second quarter and $87.9 billion in the first half of 2022, compared to $25.5 billion and $47.2 billion, respectively, for the same periods in 2021.

They may own some, but quick search says they’re definitely not majority shareholders. I think there’s a better equivalency with original ownership of VW, Mercedes, BMW.

Don’t put pineapple on your pizza, because it was probably produced by the evil Dole company. Seriously though, don’t put pineapple on your pizza, it’s disgusting and wrong on every level.

Don’t put pineapple on your pizza, because it was probably produced by the evil Dole company. Seriously though, don’t put pineapple on your pizza, it’s disgusting and wrong on every level.
I LOVE ham and pineapple pizza, and I don't care who knows!! 🤣

Hawaii has the best pineapple and papaya of all states.

They may own some, but quick search says they’re definitely not majority shareholders. I think there’s a better equivalency with original ownership of VW, Mercedes, BMW.
It doesn’t matter if they’re a majority shareholder or not. If people want to get on their morale high ground then all companies Saudi Arabia have invested in should be boycotted. People are very quick to criticize Lucid for taking Saudi money but what about all the other companies that have allowed them to invest in them? Nothing, you don’t hear a word.

I love how the US government criticizes Saudi Arabia and says they don’t support what they do etc yet they have no issues selling them billions on military weapons among other things. For all the grandstanding the government does, Saudi Arabia isn’t getting cut off from anything anytime soon. They’ve got something we all need. Cash and oil!

I LOVE ham and pineapple pizza, and I don't care who knows!! 🤣
I agree, whoever came up with that combination deserves a James Beard award.

And stop watching the 'fun' version of golf ... LIV golf. :) .. and since ARAMCO is the biggest producer, they WILL have their dirty fingers in everything/anything OP touches. Ouch.

But jokes aside, everyone is against USA in some form or another. Culturally, politically, financially, morally, etc ... We are all interconnected & you will be hard pressed to find a singular pure source for American goodness. And you did answer your own Q, that there is no fully politically car to buy. So ... there you go.

Good luck in your search.

I have considered not supporting Lucid, because of the connection and if they continue to side with Russia, then definitely will not support. I will not watch LIV golf, because of the Saudi’s. Even if it was not run by the Saudi’s, I still would not watch LIV golf. Not real golf with shortened tournaments, music blasting, shorts, no cuts, guaranteed money and on and on.

I agree, whoever came up with that combination deserves a James Beard award.
I believe it was a Canadian who invented Hawaiian pizza.

Taking the moral high ground is such a personal thing. I don't believe anyone such redicule someone who contemplates such decisions. Given how interconnected the world is now, being a purest is getting harder and harder. There is not an easy anwser to this issue. We each just need to draw the line in the sand and understand that others will draw their respective lines differently based on their experiences and views.
This.

I make choices about whether to support companies based on my own personal feelings all the time. What I don’t do is tell others what they can and can’t buy.

It is true that if I boycotted every company that did something I disagreed with, I wouldn’t be able to buy anything. So I pick and choose the ones that bother me most, and buy from the rest. Everyone else is doing the same.

If you think there are car companies that do less harm in the world than Lucid, you are free to buy their cars. But don’t be naive and think any of these companies are “innocent” when it comes to global politics. The auto industry has plenty of dirty laundry.

I have no more second thoughts about buying a car from Lucid than I have about buying gas from American oil companies that have spent years and untold millions trying to deny climate change.

Do I hate many of Saudi Arabia's social and political stances? Yes.

Do I like the constant climate change denial in U.S. politics and the recent administration's hostility to electric vehicles and its attempt to revive the moribund coal industry? No.

The Saudis are rapidly diversifying their economy to prepare for the inevitable decline in fossil fuel use. What we now need from them is more sand, as we can't seem to find enough stateside to stick our heads into.

Back