Sapphire lease

My current EV is 800hp which is fas, but I would like 100km-200km to be under 4sec to keep up with sports cars.
You can get good speeds around Socal.

As far as a lease, its worth it around that 1% MSRP per month

Woof. Per the lease calculator on lucids site it's over 4k a month to lease a sapphire lol. That doesn't make any kind of sense

Woof. Per the lease calculator on lucids site it's over 4k a month to lease a sapphire lol. That doesn't make any kind of sense
I suppose if you have enough money to afford a sapphire and desperately want one, would $4k vs $3k/month sway your decision? Probably not I’d think

I suppose if you have enough money to afford a sapphire and desperately want one, would $4k vs $3k/month sway your decision? Probably not I’d think
It's more about making financial decisions that make sense. At 4k a month for 36 months you are paying in 144k over that time plus the 25k deposit for a total of 170k. Unless the residual value of the car is stated to be very low it wouldn't make sense. Makes more sense to buy outright, or possibly even finance a portion

It's more about making financial decisions that make sense. At 4k a month for 36 months you are paying in 144k over that time plus the 25k deposit for a total of 170k. Unless the residual value of the car is stated to be very low it wouldn't make sense. Makes more sense to buy outright, or possibly even finance a portion
The deposit goes towards the lease. So I think the total is 144k. Based on GTP and DE resale, 144k in depreciation over 3 years might not be wrong…

I’m expecting 50% depreciation over 1.5-2 years.

Am I wrong to think that leasing almost always benefits the company and not the leasee?

Last edited:
Am I wrong to think that leasing almost always benefits the company and the leasee?
No, I hate leasing for that same reason.

Most of my friends lease a Mercedes GLE, white with black interior(rental spec) for 3 years. And they KEEP doing it with the same car, same generation. I try in vain to explain how you could just buy it, sell it when a new generation comes with ACTUAL changes, and do that for way less money than they lease it for.

Then again, if you use it for "business" purposes, I suppose leasing would be alright?

Am I wrong to think that leasing almost always benefits the company and the leasee?
I would typically agree, but not always. If the car holds value more than is expected you can end up on the right side of things. My RS7 lease is coming up this summer and the residual value is about 20k less than what the car is selling for with comparable miles. I'm far from an expert though, as it's my first lease lol

I would typically agree, but not always. If the car holds value more than is expected you can end up on the right side of things. My RS7 lease is coming up this summer and the residual value is about 20k less than what the car is selling for with comparable miles. I'm far from an expert though, as it's my first lease lol
Yea I would say that's the exception and not the rule, especially for highly depreciating assets like al luxury sedan. Can't wait to see the final numbers and whether or not a trade in makes sense for me 😁

Do you mean leasor ? Otherwise sounds like you’re saying company and the person who leases. Both can’t win

There are many benefits to leasing

1. Businesses can take a full deduction on leases without limits like a purchase including sec179

2. Leases limit tax (in certain states) If you lease a car with a 50% residual and return the car at the end you only pay 50% of the car’s sales tax. If you bought the car and sold it after 3 years, you would’ve paid 100% of the sales tax

3. Leases limit risk. My Air touring has a 73% residual and will be supposedly worth $73k after 18 months. If I were to sell it at that time, there’s no way I’d get $73k. The market value is lower than Lucid’s residuals. Hence why more people are now leasing Lucid’s. This also generally applies to manufacturers like BMW which use inflated residuals to entice customers. (Most people tend to lease BMWs instead of buying for that reason)

There are many cases where leases don’t make sense. Tesla has absurdly bad leases, Toyota/honda as well with low residual values and high interest rates. Or if you plan to keep the car forever (which I would never do with the rapidly evolving pace of EV tech)

Do you mean leasor ? Otherwise sounds like you’re saying company and the person who leases. Both can’t win

There are many benefits to leasing

1. Businesses can take a full deduction on leases without limits like a purchase including sec179

2. Leases limit tax (in certain states) If you lease a car with a 50% residual and return the car at the end you only pay 50% of the car’s sales tax. If you bought the car and sold it after 3 years, you would’ve paid 100% of the sales tax

3. Leases limit risk. My Air touring has a 73% residual and will be supposedly worth $73k after 18 months. If I were to sell it, no way I’d get $73k. The market value is lower than Lucid’s residuals. Hence why more people are now leasing Lucid’s. This also generally applies to manufacturers like BMW which use inflated residuals to entice customers. (Most people tend to lease BMWs instead of buying for that reason)
I forgot the not before leasee and edited my comment 😁

Yea I would say that's the exception and not the rule, especially for highly depreciating assets like al luxury sedan. Can't wait to see the final numbers and whether or not a trade in makes sense for me 😁
Yes leasing is almost always better for high depreciating luxury cars

Went to the Newport Beach showroom. The lease is $4200 a month before tax for 36months and $24k down!
Hopefully they will come up with more realistic program.
If not, a Taycan GT would be another contender

Went to the Newport Beach showroom. The lease is $4200 a month before tax for 36months and $24k down!
Hopefully they will come up with more realistic program.
If not, a Taycan GT would be another contender
Uhm, a Taycan GT is not a Sapphire. Wouldn't a Taycan GT be more in line with a Touring?

I've only leased once and got very lucky with it. It came due in July 2021 when all used car prices were going insane. I The general sales price was $6K over my residual. But that probably is the exception.

Uhm, a Taycan GT is not a Sapphire. Wouldn't a Taycan GT be more in line with a Touring?
GT is the 1000hp one that has the record at the Ring.
My friend has been watching Manthey racing tune the car

Attachments

• received_2492649360907686.mp4
    705.4 KB
GT is the 1000hp one that has the record at the Ring.
My friend has been watching Manthey racing tune the car
Yea got that confused with the GTS, my bad!

Back