Safety recall

I wonder where they got that number from...these forums perhaps? Lol

Don't know the source, but have seen 203 cars recalled and expected 1% to actually have the defect so that would be 2 cars.......

Tesla Fanboys .... "Every car Lucid has actually produced and delivered is defective and has been recalled, both of them!"

Okay, please let me know if that "12-volt accessory outlet" does in fact turn on and off with the "ignition". If so then the wiring hydbob suggested could very well work.

Our installer confirmed today that the 12-volt outlet in the trunk works as a power tap point for a radar detector. It switches off about 5 minutes after exiting the car, thereby cutting power to the detector.

However, the installer ran into an issue taking the front bumper off to mount the radar antenna and laser sensors. The wire to the lidar unit was only about 3" long, and it has to be unplugged to remove the bumper. He called the Lucid Service Center, and they said their techs had run into this problem when having to remove the bumper. They told him it was okay to unplug the lidar but, once plugged back in, the unit has to be recalibrated to work properly . . . and that has to be done at a Service Center.

The Service Center Manager did say they would waive the fee for the recalibration, but we would have to get the car to the Service Center ourselves. I think this is more than reasonable, so we're proceeding with the installation.

Last edited:
In installer confirmed today that the 12-volt outlet in the trunk works as a power tap point for a radar detector. It switches off about 5 minutes after exiting the car, thereby cutting power to the detector.

However, the installer ran into an issue taking the front bumper off to mount the radar antenna and laser sensors. The wire to the lidar unit was only about 3" long, and it has to be unplugged to remove the bumper. He called the Lucid Service Center, and they said their techs had run into this problem when having to remove the bumper. They told him it was okay to unplug the lidar but, once plugged back in, the unit has to be recalibrated to work properly . . . and that has to be done at a Service Center.

The Service Center Manager did say they would waive the fee for the recalibration, but we would have to get the car to the Service Center ourselves. I think this is more than reasonable, so we're proceeding with the installation.
Good information, and glad to hear their willingness to support your install. Now, all I have to do is schedule a 24-hr R/T run to my closest service center. :-(

Our installer confirmed today that the 12-volt outlet in the trunk works as a power tap point for a radar detector. It switches off about 5 minutes after exiting the car, thereby cutting power to the detector.

Which system are you getting? Can you provide photos of the install? I’m going to be doing this in the next few weeks and any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Also where are you getting it done?)

Which system are you getting? Can you provide photos of the install? I’m going to be doing this in the next few weeks and any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Also where are you getting it done?)

Using the Radenso (same one in our Tesla Plaid). It's a modular system that gives you a wide choice of just how much coverage you want. I've opted for the whole shebang for the Air, as it's the easiest car to build speed without realizing it that I've ever driven.

I'll provide photos of the install when it's completed. The installer sent me some pictures today of the front end of the car disassembled, and it was . . . er . . . unsettling.

It's being done by Devine Concepts in Bonita Springs, FL

Using the Radenso (same one in our Tesla Plaid). It's a modular system that gives you a wide choice of just how much coverage you want. I've opted for the whole shebang for the Air, as it's the easiest car to build speed without realizing it that I've ever driven.

I'll provide photos of the install when it's completed. The installer sent me some pictures today of the front end of the car disassembled, and it was . . . er . . . unsettling.

It'd be awesome to get those pics posted

Seeing the disassembled components -- "unsettling" might be understatement.

Here goes:

image1.jpg

Wow, that's amazing. I wonder if he can give any insight to the engineering involved and how it is compared to say the Plaid..

Back