Safety recall

Any thoughts on hard wiring from the lower right windshield position???

The trick is to find a circuit that shuts down completely when the car powers down so that the detector will turn itself on and off with the car.

When we took our Model S Plaid in for the install, he found that the updated S no longer had any circuits that powered completely down. However, he did find a circuit that had a significant voltage drop when the car powered down, so he built and programmed a module that would read the voltage drop as the signal to power down the detector.

He only started on the Lucid today, so he has not yet determined the behavior of the circuits he can access.

And then hook it into what location in the trunk?

There is a 12-volt accessory outlet on the right inside of the trunk under a rigid lift-up lid just behind the wheel well. My installer is hoping this will be a fully-switched circuit he can use as the power pickup for the detector system.

The trick is to find a circuit that shuts down completely when the car powers down so that the detector will turn itself on and off with the car.

When we took our Model S Plaid in for the install, he found that the updated S no longer had any circuits that powered completely down. However, he did find a circuit that had a significant voltage drop when the car powered down, so he built and programmed a module that would read the voltage drop as the signal to power down the detector.

He only started on the Lucid today, so he has not yet determined the behavior of the circuits he can access.

There is a 12-volt accessory outlet on the right inside of the trunk under a rigid lift-up lid just behind the wheel well. My installer is hoping this will be a fully-switched circuit he can use as the power pickup for the detector system.
Okay, please let me know if that "12-volt accessory outlet" does in fact turn on and off with the "ignition". If so then the wiring hydbob suggested could very well work.

This will be the first Lucid the installer has tackled, so he's got a lot to figure out. This was the same situation with our Model S Plaid, which had many changes from the outgoing Model S: switch to Li-Ion for the accessory battery, accessory voltage raised from 12 to 15 volts, and no circuits that fully switched off to tap into for the detector power feed. (He had to build and program a module that would read a voltage drop as the signal to switch the detector off.)

We're doing both front and rear antennas/sensors for the radar and the lasers. He has already determined how to get access to some of the areas he'll need for wiring runs, and the Lucid Service Center has given a phone number he can use if he needs technical support during the installation.

The location for the control/display has been a real head scratcher. The incredibly sleek, beautifully-designed dashboard layout presents the biggest challenge of the many cars in which I've had detectors installed. The location we've chosen will make the display invisible to all but the driver (a downside in my view), but it will preserve the aesthetics of the dash area.

I'll post photos when I get the car back next week.
I would love to see where they place the rear lasers. We couldnt find a good place to mount and went with front only.

That is where mine is powered to as well.

I would love to see where they place the rear lasers. We couldnt find a good place to mount and went with front only.

I’d like to know where you placed them in front! Pics?

They are in the grill. Stinger system

Attachments

• 20BD0889-4B77-4199-A362-FC12BA3B2484.jpeg
    20BD0889-4B77-4199-A362-FC12BA3B2484.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 175
They have a display one as well this is nice and subtle. There is a separate speaker mounted in the drivers footwell

Attachments

• F45876C2-F48B-43C1-986B-3335CE5A11EE.jpeg
    F45876C2-F48B-43C1-986B-3335CE5A11EE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 209
They have a display one as well this is nice and subtle. There is a separate speaker mounted in the drivers footwell
The good thing about your placement is that it covers up the passenger airbag light. :D

They are in the grill. Stinger system

I'm curious about that photo you posted of the laser sensors. It's full of tiny white specs, but your interior shot of the mirror is not. I've had the same issue with photographing the exterior of the Air using an iPhone -- white spots all over the place. Any idea why this happens?

I'm curious about that photo you posted of the laser sensors. It's full of tiny white specs, but your interior shot of the mirror is not. I've had the same issue with photographing the exterior of the Air using an iPhone -- white spots all over the place. Any idea why this happens?
Could it be dust? I say that because I’ve taken pictures of photographic equipment I’d been selling and those pictures often show white specs that don’t appear to the naked eye. However, upon close examination, it turns out to be dust. I’ve learned to use compressed air prior to taking pictures.

For Lucken: Hope you're not using compressed air on your photo equipment. High risk of forcing very small particles into camera/lens components. Manual press blowers are more safe, in my experience.

For Lucken: Hope you're not using compressed air on your photo equipment. High risk of forcing very small particles into camera/lens components. Manual press blowers are more safe, in my experience.
Nooooo!!!! Just the external areas of the equipment I'm selling. I made that mistake years ago and got some propellant on the internals. Never made that mistake again! :)

Nooooo!!!! Just the external areas of the equipment I'm selling. I made that mistake years ago and got some propellant on the internals. Never made that mistake again! :)
Whew! That definitely is a one-time, very painful experience for any serious photographer. Best left behind you, for sure!

So with the recall of 200 cars, will our favorite Tesla Fanboys finally admit that Licid has actually delivered cars? LOL

So with the recall of 200 cars, will our favorite Tesla Fanboys finally admit that Licid has actually delivered cars? LOL
Did you get an actual number somewhere? I had not heard other than mine and a few others in the forum.

Back