Rumor: Saudi PIF is buying all of Lucid and taking them private

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t know if there’s any truth to the story, but that is precisely my point.

If Lucid responds, then every Joe and their mother is going to start posting rumors just to get Lucid to respond, and it never ends. The playbook, in general, for public companies I’ve been involved with, says *not* to respond. I know the NYSE says you should, but literally no company does that, because it becomes a neverending issue.

By not responding, if it is false, Lucid indicates such rumors will not cause a stir from within, which decreases the likelihood they will be spread again.

I understand your point, and it is valid. I just happen to disagree.
You make a good point because if this turns out to be false and they said nothing, then there will be a precedent for how they deal with rumors in the future. I just don’t think they are at a stage where they can afford to ignore it and it is a hell of a game of chicken if it is false. Hats off to management of it turns out to be false, but my gut tells me that it’s real. The majority of Wall Street valuing it at 12 think so also. I don’t know, it’s pretty crazy to watch from the peanut gallery regardless of what happens.

You make a good point because if this turns out to be false and they said nothing, then there will be a precedent for how they deal with rumors in the future. I just don’t think they are at a stage where they can afford to ignore it and it is a hell of a game of chicken if it is false. Hats off to management of it turns out to be false, but my gut tells me that it’s real. The majority of Wall Street valuing it at 12 think so also. I don’t know, it’s pretty crazy to watch from the peanut gallery regardless of what happens.
Yeah, agreed. I have no idea, of course. If it’s true, then they definitely can’t respond. If it isn’t, then the playbook would say not to to prevent future rumors, imho.

This “who knows” feeling we all have right now is the outcome of that playbook.

We shall see what happens!

I don’t understand the fuss of Saudi owning Lucid. Americans own PF Chang, and Taco Bell, that doesn’t stop me going there. Even if one day Panda Express is sold to American or Italian, I would still go there. Good product is good product! 👍

I don’t understand the fuss of Saudi owning Lucid. Americans own PF Chang, and Taco Bell, that doesn’t stop me going there. Even if one day Panda Express is sold to American or Italian, I would still go there. Good product is good product! 👍
I can't believe you just used Panda Express and good product in the same post.................

I can't believe you just used Panda Express and good product in the same post.................
When you are hungry and you want it fast, it’s a good product over McDonald or Burger King. 🤣

PIF will not take Lucid private. Even if they buyout at $15 a share, they would have to spend $10 billion. Wouldn’t it be better if they throw another billion or two at Lucid every year and let the stock price go up? Also, you piss off long term investors, create negativity in the company, PIPE investors will also be pissed. Just a big fat rumor spread by a manipulator who needs to be looked at by the SEC. Guess why the rumor was posted in a UK blog site, a rumor which has since been taken down. Nothing here!!

I’m happy no buyout, I want to own LCID for another decade at least!

PIF will not take Lucid private. Even if they buyout at $15 a share, they would have to spend $10 billion. Wouldn’t it be better if they throw another billion or two at Lucid every year and let the stock price go up? Also, you piss off long term investors, create negativity in the company, PIPE investors will also be pissed. Just a big fat rumor spread by a manipulator who needs to be looked at by the SEC. Guess why the rumor was posted in a UK blog site, a rumor which has since been taken down. Nothing here!!

I hope you're right. Given Lucid would neither confirm or deny the rumor there are also consequences to remaining quiet also. As a long term investor, I was about to secure more stock but given the uncertainty i'm holding but definitely not putting more money in. I'm a small fish in the scheme of things but the way the stock is being manipulated at the moment I don't foresee any further investment in Lucid stock until things get clarified \ settle down. Morgan Stanley has been pretty brutal towards the stock for some time. Wouldn't be surprised if they're shorting it.

If I was as confident as you are that the buyout is fake news, I would sell the stock, short it and then go long after it returns to the pre-rumor price. With your level of certitude, this would be a no brainer strategy. Personally, I have no clue what is happening, or I would do exactly that.

The trader in me thinks someone is holding this down to cool the RSI and not let it get out of hand too quickly. Especially after today, the run up and the controlled walk back to essentially where it opened.

I'm very happy with my position, although I'm heavily overweight in Lucid. The PIF can buy me out, otherwise I continue to hold as planned.

I am curious to see how it performs tomorrow given the craptastic ERs this afternoon.

If I was as confident as you are that the buyout is fake news, I would sell the stock, short it and then go long after it returns to the pre-rumor price. With your level of certitude, this would be a no brainer strategy. Personally, I have no clue what is happening, or I would do exactly that.
I never do options, too risky. And why pay the 50% tax everytime you sell?

Actually, PIF might offer for investors to keep their shares even if they go private.

Actually, PIF might offer for investors to keep their shares even if they go private.
Well....then how do they sell their shares if they want/need to get out? ("Hey! Abdullah?...this is Tyler! I own 87 shares and was wondering....")

Well....then how do they sell their shares if they want/need to get out? ("Hey! Abdullah?...this is Tyler! I own 87 shares and was wondering....")
Sell to Chinese?! They live buying auto companies, so many European auto companies sold to Chinese conglomerates.

You can’t, you have to commit for a few years until they come back public

Back