Rumor: Saudi PIF is buying all of Lucid and taking them private

Glad to be back i took a week off to collect my thoughts. Gracious to see Lucid is over 12$ I should take more breaks lol

Lucid still not priced to it's potential. The shorts getting burned....i like it!

Lucid still not priced to it's potential. The shorts getting burned....i like it!
That’s the problem. The last few years we have all been buying stocks (including Lucid) on potential. Now the market values companies on performance. The short sellers understood this, which is why the EV sector got driven down. If you believe that the PIF story is fake, prepare yourself for a precipitous drop this week because there is no other catalyst that would justify where it closed Friday.

EV sector will ALWAYS be a premium to an ICE company that is trying go EV. EV will never be valued on par with traditional companies. EV is the future, everyone knows that. Invest now in LCID, RIVN...TSLA has everything already priced in. Just buy, hold , forget. Anyone trying to time Lucid for a few dollars will realize they lost out. Like those who were waiting for $5 and didn't buy when it was $6....

Traditional makers just dont make the cut- like the poor packaged EQS devoid of styling or the 200 mile range Porsche Taycan. They dont innovate enough or think what makes an EV desirable.

The PIF news will neither be denied, or confirmed. I don't see Lucid going down with that news still out there. But, if you like waiting and waiting and waiting....be my guest!

Lucid being shorted 30%, I bet you a lot of that is Morgan Stanley that Adam Jonas works for! And perhaps quite a few Tesla fanboy.

Please short back to below $8, so I can get puts in more. I’m happy to be out some at $15.

Hopefully that news story ends up being false. I really don’t want Lucid owned by the Saudi’s.

Hopefully that news story ends up being false. I really don’t want Lucid owned by the Saudi’s.
Lucid wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the Saudis 5 billion initial investment. They are trying to diversify out of petroleum so that’s the only thing keeping Lucid afloat

Lucid wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the Saudis 5 billion initial investment. They are trying to diversify out of petroleum so that’s the only thing keeping Lucid afloat
Right, but still don’t want Saudi’s to own them. Not good.

I suppose we will find out soon if it’s fake news. If it is fake, Lucid should have put out a statement immediately denying it.
That is how companies get in trouble; even denying a rumor spreads it further, and can have an effect on the stock price by tanking it back down. There are no winners in this game; the investors who bought on the basis of the rumor then have reason to sue as well. Furthermore, a denial is going to be met with ‘alternative readings’ undoubtedly, and now you have a PR fiasco. Instead, this story will blow over in a couple days and everyone will move on with their lives.

Also, imagine if PIF did float a soft offer, or even an LOI. Firstly, they come with NDAs, so any kind of response (positive or negative) may have been illegal, even if they declined the offer.

The safest option is simply to let the rumor die.

That is how companies get in trouble; even denying a rumor spreads it further, and can have an effect on the stock price by tanking it back down. There are no winners in this game; the investors who bought on the basis of the rumor then have reason to sue as well. Furthermore, a denial is going to be met with ‘alternative readings’ undoubtedly, and now you have a PR fiasco. Instead, this story will blow over in a couple days and everyone will move on with their lives.

Also, imagine if PIF did float a soft offer, or even an LOI. Firstly, they come with NDAs, so any kind of response (positive or negative) may have been illegal, even if they declined the offer.

The safest option is simply to let the rumor die.
There is no question that people well paid and smarter than us made the decision to let the rumor work itself out for a reason. Personally I believe that when there is a false rumor that could fundamentally changes the valuation of the company, they would have the responsibility to refute it if it. I think that we both agree that there is probably some hints of truth to the story, otherwise a flat denial would have saved the company from all of the AMC/GME like trading activity, which isn’t good for the stability of the company. The market right now believes that there will be a complete buyout and the price will be around 12. It is very interesting to watch this kind of activity around our beloved Lucid. I hope that whatever happens, the customers are rewarded.

There is no question that people well paid and smarter than us made the decision to let the rumor work itself out for a reason. Personally I believe that when there is a false rumor that could fundamentally changes the valuation of the company, they would have the responsibility to refute it if it. I think that we both agree that there is probably some hints of truth to the story, otherwise a flat denial would have saved the company from all of the AMC/GME like trading activity, which isn’t good for the stability of the company. The market right now believes that there will be a complete buyout and the price will be around 12. It is very interesting to watch this kind of activity around our beloved Lucid. I hope that whatever happens, the customers are rewarded.
If the buyout price is going to be around $12 then Lucid should expect more legal cases similar to the one it just got over. You can't list a company, make all these promises to secure investors then in what, 12 to 18 months screw all the people that bought in for the PIF to have just taken it private when they could've just acquired Lucid in the first place before it even went public.

This is interesting......

1675104688790.png

Yeah, nobody follows that. When was the last time Apple denied a rumor?

Also, it says “should” not “must.”

Yeah, nobody follows that. When was the last time Apple denied a rumor?
I don’t think you can compare Lucid to Apple. Dare I say that it is comparing apples to oranges? Sorry, that was bad.

Apple provides a product, which at this point is almost a commodity in the tech world. Their value isn’t swayed by the hundreds of rumors that get published each day and good and bad week on the market don’t put the company at risk of a hostile takeover. Lucid is at a fragile period and if this is false, they owe it to their shareholders to dispute it. True or false, this rumor has taken on a life if it’s own and with 100 million shares trading so far today, the market believes that this is real and that the price will be around 12.

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. I don’t know if there’s any truth to the story, but that is precisely my point.

If Lucid responds, then every Joe and their mother is going to start posting rumors just to get Lucid to respond, and it never ends. The playbook, in general, for public companies I’ve been involved with, says *not* to respond. I know the NYSE says you should, but literally no company does that, because it becomes a neverending issue.

By not responding, if it is false, Lucid indicates such rumors will not cause a stir from within, which decreases the likelihood they will be spread again.

I understand your point, and it is valid. I just happen to disagree.

I don’t think you can compare Lucid to Apple. Dare I say that it is comparing apples to oranges? Sorry, that was bad.

Apple provides a product, which at this point is almost a commodity in the tech world. Their value isn’t swayed by the hundreds of rumors that get published each day and good and bad week on the market don’t put the company at risk of a hostile takeover. Lucid is at a fragile period and if this is false, they owe it to their shareholders to dispute it. True or false, this rumor has taken on a life if it’s own and with 100 million shares trading so far today, the market believes that this is real and that the price will be around 12.
The majority of companies don’t respond to rumors at all, whether substantiated or unsubstantiated. Apple was just one example.

Yeah. My point is, they are not obliged to respond to this publicly. Whether it’s wise not to may be up for debate. I think they are doing the right thing. Lucid has clearly chosen to be tight lipped in general. It’s just part of their culture.

Back