Release Version Megathread

Turn off wipers, turn off headlights, turn off touch control on touch screens.
This would be good just in the garage when I attempt top clean the windshield and the car is awake. The windshield wiper has almost taken my hand off when I sprayed window cleaner on the front cameras.

This would be good just in the garage when I attempt top clean the windshield and the car is awake. The windshield wiper has almost taken my hand off when I sprayed window cleaner on the front cameras.
Shut the car down first

Shut the car down first
Really? I didn't think of that! 😉

But seriously, shutting the car down is really a hassle. I walk into the garage with my phone and the car wakes up. The wipers should not activate until I'm in the car and have pressed the brake. With the phone in your possession and mobile key active and walking around the car, I don't know of a way to shut the car down. There is no "open the door and press the shutdown button." And locking the car with the app will only cause it to unlock after you move around the car. Turning of Lucid's bluetooth can be a solution, but a hassle nevertheless.

This is not just a cleaning the windshield problem: I've approached the car when the windshield has been rained on and the wipers activate and get me (or the inside of the door) wet before I have a chance to get in the car.

But seriously, shutting the car down is really a hassle. I walk into the garage with my phone and the car wakes up. The wipers should not activate until I'm in the car and have pressed the brake. With the phone in your possession and mobile key active and walking around the car, I don't know of a way to shut the car down. There is no "open the door and press the shutdown button." And locking the car with the app will only cause it to unlock after you move around the car. Turning of Lucid's bluetooth can be a solution, but a hassle nevertheless.

This is not just a cleaning the windshield problem: I've approached the car when the windshield has been rained on and the wipers activate and get me (or the inside of the door) wet before I have a chance to get in the car.
I agree with all of this. My only workaround has been to keep auto wipers off unless it’s raining. I know, sort of defeats the “auto” part, but I stopped having issues with my wipers activating when I didn’t want them to.

I always keep my wipers off unless I need them. Don't see any point in doing otherwise, especially when it comes to cleaning the car. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or shut off Bluetooth on the phone when you want to clean the windshield. Otherwise car will answer your phone,

Lock car, turn off Bluetooth on your phone.

2.12 is installed. I love the Max Cool thing. I do see the car version in the phone app. The Easy Entry option is on the Doors and Seats screen, but it's grayed out and I can't turn it on. Has anyone gotten this working??

2.12 is installed. I love the Max Cool thing. I do see the car version in the phone app. The Easy Entry option is on the Doors and Seats screen, but it's grayed out and I can't turn it on. Has anyone gotten this working??
Have you saved your seat position in your profile?

With the phone in your possession and mobile key active and walking around the car, I don't know of a way to shut the car down. There is no "open the door and press the shutdown button." And locking the car with the app will only cause it to unlock after you move around the car. Turning of Lucid's bluetooth can be a solution, but a hassle nevertheless.

This is what I do on a Pixel 5a:
With an android phone, you don't have to turn off Bluetooth. Touch the bar at the bottom of the screen and very slowly push it up just a centimeter or two, until the screen shrinks just a bit, then release. You should see the slightly smaller app on the screen. Now gently touch the app and slide it to the right. You should see all the apps that are open and running in the background, including the Lucid app if it is open. Slide them off to the right until you see the "clear all" button. Press this button and all your open apps that have been running in the background, draining your battery, will close. Now your mobile key is off, and the car will remain asleep. You don't have to turn off bluetooth, so you can use all of your bluetooth apps and wash your car, listen to podcasts or music, work in the garage next to your car and it will remain asleep. To activate your mobile key again just press the Lucid icon on your phone. Your car will re-awake in about 5 seconds.

If this is too hard for you just get a piece of aluminum foil and fold it over, like putting your phone in a foil greeting card. Your bluetooth won't work but your car will sleep.

Last edited:
I think this is a known bug actually that's been reported in one of the other threads. They had to contact CC and IIRC they are having service come out and do something to the seat to get the feature to work.

EDIT: nvm saw you already commented in the other thread :) Keep us posted!

I agree with this as well and had the wiper attack my hand once and had rain tossed on me before I could get in the car. 100% the wipers should not activate until brake press. Now that I know I use the work around of locking the car to clean the windshield but I think the suggested brake press is a better solution.

I think this is a known bug actually that's been reported in one of the other threads. They had to contact CC and IIRC they are having service come out and do something to the seat to get the feature to work.

EDIT: nvm saw you already commented in the other thread :) Keep us posted!
Bad thing posting in two threads. I hadn't seen the other one when I posted here. I just got off the phone with customer service. She seats have to "know" their home position before this update can work. And not all of them were sent home that way. I don't know about other people, but for me this update broke the ability of the car to move your seat to your profile position when you enter the car and close the door. So now I have to bring up the seat detail screen and hit RESTORE when I get in.
Anyway, I already have an appointment with mobile service to come to my house on July 11th for something else. So the seat fix is now added to that appointment. I just have to be patient for a week.

Bad thing posting in two threads. I hadn't seen the other one when I posted here. I just got off the phone with customer service. She seats have to "know" their home position before this update can work. And not all of them were sent home that way. I don't know about other people, but for me this update broke the ability of the car to move your seat to your profile position when you enter the car and close the door. So now I have to bring up the seat detail screen and hit RESTORE when I get in.
Anyway, I already have an appointment with mobile service to come to my house on July 11th for something else. So the seat fix is now added to that appointment. I just have to be patient for a week.
It's called "seat homing." Frank did mine months ago.

It's called "seat homing." Frank did mine months ago.
Yup, this is what mine needs too. Just a one time piece of software service has to run.

(in fact, it’s a TSC, so everyone will have it run at some point; just some of us haven’t seen service since it became necessary)

All you need to do is lock the door with app. Close the app. "Force stop" the app. (Ensures the application isn't running in the background). Never need to toggle Bluetooth with this method.

Back