Release Version Megathread

There's actually an improvement to "your Lucid Air's onboard connectivity, diagnostics, and wireless communication systems" that I would love to see: smoother, faster handoff from home WiFi to cell data. Streaming audio always pauses one minute into any drive.
I keep WiFi turned off for this reason

There's actually an improvement to "your Lucid Air's onboard connectivity, diagnostics, and wireless communication systems" that I would love to see: smoother, faster handoff from home WiFi to cell data. Streaming audio always pauses one minute into any drive.
Agree. I actually turn off Wi-Fi in the car completely a long time ago and it is much better. I have reasonable cell service in my garage.

it's been almost a month since an update, and 3 months since a major update
did Lucid lay off their UI and software team?

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 10.01.06 AM.png

Just got off a support call for my "charging not going over 75kW" issue. The person told me that he has been in touch with software and maintenance team (might have used a different team name) and was suggesting that a software update might be a day or two away which could potentially fix my issue. So folks relax and keep patience - a software update might be on its way (dont hold me to it though :D)

Just got off a support call for my "charging not going over 75kW" issue. The person told me that he has been in touch with software and maintenance team (might have used a different team name) and was suggesting that a software update might be a day or two away which could potentially fix my issue. So folks relax and keep patience - a software update might be on its way (dont hold me to it though :D)
I need my OTA fix! I'm going through withdrawals!

I sincerely hope that the information you received is correct but historically support has not gotten any advance notice on software updates.

I sincerely hope that the information you received is correct but historically support has not gotten any advance notice on software updates.
Agreed! I am counting on that too. Although my issue was significant enough that the person responsible for east coast maintenance would've reached out to the right people. #fingerscrossed

We are now experiencing the longest delay in updates since 1.2.6 on June 8, 2022. Even the complete software rewrite version 2.0.x was shorter. I truly hope we still have a software team dedicated to the Air and an update is imminent. The right side of my brain is telling me they are conjuring up something amazing. The left side is telling me to reduce my expectations. I guess time will tell!

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 9.56.31 AM.png

We are now experiencing the longest delay in updates since 1.2.6 on June 8, 2022. Even the complete software rewrite version 2.0.x was shorter. I truly hope we still have a software team dedicated to the Air and an update is imminent. The right side of my brain is telling me they are conjuring up something amazing. The left side is telling me to reduce my expectations. I guess time will tell!

View attachment 13173
Given that they haven't let us down before, I see no reason to assume they're going to start now. :) Here's to 3.0.1! :p

Given that they haven't let us down before, I see no reason to assume they're going to start now. :) Here's to 3.0.1! :p
They have been letting me down for 18 months!

It's time for a solid production quality, feature complete, release not the V1 release candidate software we have now.

I enjoy driving my car but am very tired of spotty auto, an HVAC system that is easily confused, useless HomeLink etc.

Sorry, it's just been long enough.

It's time for a solid production quality, feature complete, release not the V1 release candidate software we have now.

I enjoy driving my car but am very tired of spotty auto, an HVAC system that is easily confused, useless HomeLink etc.

Sorry that you feel that way. I have been having very few concerns and I look forward to the next update.

I actually disagree. I think the current software is pretty solid, and with CarPlay eliminates some of my quibbles about navigation and audio. I haven’t really had any issues lately, but I still look forward to the introduction of new features.

I actually disagree. I think the current software is pretty solid, and with CarPlay eliminates some of my quibbles about navigation and audio. I haven’t really had any issues lately, but I still look forward to the introduction of new features.
I realize how bad the software is when I drive one of our other cars.

To each his own. If you are happy with your car then great, I am not. SiriusXM can't stay connected even the FM radio has issues sometimes, I don't think that the audio system works that well. The AC sometimes can't figure out that its 100 degrees outside and I have to turn the fan up. The HomeLink UI is useless. The ACC design is flawed, the HA drifts out of lanes sometime. Three times now the car shut off when I let my wife out at the grocery and demands a PIN before it moves.

All of these issues, and more, you get used to and put up with. BUT I have been writing software since 1967 and my car does not have production quality software, it just doesn't. Maybe V3 will be better, who knows.

I know that Lucid is trying to get caught up but it's been long enough and they refuse to tell us what's on their roadmap, other than vague hints, and give us a timetable. It all just detracts from my daily enjoyment of my car.

End of rant...

Very happy with the updates to date. A solid progression on improvements in my opinion.

For us Android users, we're still left out in the cold. Hoping it's one of the big features in the next update.

Back