Referral prompts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231121-205045.png
    Screenshot_20231121-205045.png
    671.6 KB · Views: 64
Btw hitting “Get started” won’t really start a referral process, just more info so don’t be scared of clicking it 😝

Oh yeah I remember you have a Samsung, no issues with my fold either, maybe it’s a Google Pixel specific issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
Either way, seems really clear to me that they're not intending to bother you every time you open the app; report it to CS as a bug!

Is anyone else getting annoyed by the endless prompts to refer buyers to Lucid?

I’ve had these prompts show up repeatedly on the pilot panel, in the app, and now as notifications on my phone.

I’m glad that a referral program exists but I don’t want to be constantly prodded by Lucid. My car was not meant to be ad-supported.

Just curious if others feel the same way. Maybe I’m in the minority.
Also emails and now the Lucid Club??

Attachments

• IMG_6982.png
    IMG_6982.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6983.jpeg
    IMG_6983.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 46
There are a number of different things floating around this thread. So let’s clarify.

1. Almost all of us got an email about the owner’s club. Can hardly blame them for that. How pissed would you be if they didn’t tell you about the opportunity to get free stuff? (Ask the secondhand owners.)
2. The mobile app displayed a popup for the Owner’s Club. This should happen only once. For most of us that seems to be true. For some Android users, it appears to be popping up on every launch. This is clearly a bug.
3. Some are reporting a push notification for the Owner’s Club. Okay, that’s probably overkill. But not everyone checks their email, and not everyone opens the mobile app regularly. This is also supposed to happen exactly once. No one has reported the push happening multiple times, as far as I can tell. Also, the app has settings for push notifications of various types, but not one for marketing materials. That should be added. Probably an oversight. Feel free to report it to customer care.
4. One person is reporting seeing ads for the current incentives and such on the Pilot Panel. I have no idea how this is even possible. We’ve asked for pictures of the person sees it again. Likely this is some sort of misunderstanding, and no one else is reporting it.

So basically, Lucid created a thing for owners it was excited about. It wanted owners to know about it. And so they told us about it in several ways. You could argue they went overboard, but on the other hand if they had only sent an email, I can totally see a thread here three months from now “Why Didn’t Lucid Tell Us About the Owner’s Club?” So it’s one of those things where they were damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

So far the bug where the prompt in the app comes up more than once is the only real issue. That should be fixed ASAP.

Oh, and the gift icon is not a popup or push. It’s a new feature in the app. It’s where you manage your referrals and buy stuff with your points.

Aside from the bug on certain Android devices evidently not making the popup go away, this seems to be a non-story.

I got an ad as a pop-up notification. Promptly turned off all notifications from the Lucid app, and will never turn them back on. I have zero tolerance for advertisements being shown where they shouldn't.

I got an ad as a pop-up notification. Promptly turned off all notifications from the Lucid app, and will never turn them back on. I have zero tolerance for advertisements being shown where they shouldn't.
Notifications from Lucid make me feel warm and fuzzy.

I totally understand. But I would want that push notification that tells me the shock and tilt alarm went off (meaning someone likely just broke into my car).

Apps have fine tuned notification settings for a reason. Lucid hasn’t added a switch for marketing pushes yet, but I plan on telling them they should.

Back