Recall

6hgder.jpg

No, and you can't sell a car with an open recall either.

View attachment 2341

1,117 vehicles potentially affected. I guess we got our production number to date.

Although I wonder if this is just delivered cars or if they have to include undelivered cars.
I would say this is registered cars on the street, not in factory.

1117 - 131 (Oct~Dec) - 360 (Jan~Mar) - 300 (Apr) = 326 (so far in May)

Sounds about right….

And 180+ in AMP parking lot on hold

Just received this email

The attached notification letter is being shared in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. We’ve determined that a defect relating to safety exists in certain 2022 Lucid Air vehicles.

Specifically, Lucid has determined that on certain 2022 Lucid Air models, the ethernet wiring harness for the Glass Cockpit instrument panel may not have been secured properly. The harness can become damaged by rubbing against another part of the vehicle, and disable the display screens. Disabled display screens will not show critical information, such as speed, gear selection indicators, warning lights, and other in-vehicle notifications, which can increase the risk of a crash.

Please reach out to a Lucid Service Center or contact Lucid Customer Care at 888-99-LUCID or [email protected] to schedule time to have your Lucid Air inspected as soon as possible. We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that any inspection and remedy (if necessary) will be performed at NO CHARGE to you. Please contact a Lucid Service Center or Lucid Customer Care to schedule an appointment to have the vehicle inspected as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Lucid USA Inc.
Yes, I received too. I have experienced problems with my screens blacking out.

Got the email. DEP #180 delivered Dec 21. Would be nice to get an explanation. Did someone's display failed while driving or was is found during assembly where wiring may have been relocated by an installer to make the assembly and his job easier?
I've had problems with my screens blacking out or not turning on.

My GT is currently in service for the third time since I purchased it. First 2 times were for a week each. This time I’m told it’s gonna take three weeks. It’s taken them a week and a half for them to diagnose the software/hardware problem and last night I was told it’s gonna take 3 to 5 business days to get the part. And then they have to install it. They think it’s a low voltage junction box problem. I wonder if it’s related. At the time I get my car back it well have been in the shop longer than I have driven it by about a week.

This would also explain the lack of updates. Can’t update a system that could potentially fail.

My GT is currently in service for the third time since I purchased it. First 2 times were for a week each. This time I’m told it’s gonna take three weeks. It’s taken them a week and a half for them to diagnose the software/hardware problem and last night I was told it’s gonna take 3 to 5 business days to get the part. And then they have to install it. They think it’s a low voltage junction box problem. I wonder if it’s related. At the time I get my car back it well have been in the shop longer than I have driven it by about a week.
I'd demand a replacement vehicle or look into lemon at that point.

Mine has been in 3 or 4 times, but its always a day each time and they pickup/dropoff each time. They have also given free washes and occasional free details with it also.

Lemon law in California is 30 days...someone reminded me of that in another thread

Lemon law in California is 30 days...someone reminded me of that in another thread
I've has to lemon law 2 cars in California over the years and defiantly have "a guy" for that if needed. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and I also hope Lucid is doing something nice for changnow.

3 or more repairs for the same item would trigger the lemon law for sure. Its more involved if it is for several items, but certainly possible. I don't think 30 days is enough time if it is for different items.

So they shipped 1,117 cars I guess. :)
One advantage to being behind in production ramp is there are not a lot of cars they need to deal with in the recall. If they were on their original schedule of 577 in 2021 and 20,000 in 2022 they would probably have 6,000 - 7,000 or so to inspect at this point.

I am at the Millbrae Center now and my car is being inspected while I wait. Chris just told me they have already inspected all the cars curr Here awaiting delivery to customers and none of them had any problem related to the recall. There are a ton of cars here now.

I just received letter and I own DE
My DE is car number 185 and even though I did get the email, the service center said that my car was not affected.

My DE is car number 185 and even though I did get the email, the service center said that my car was not affected.
I was told the same thing by Service Center. I never experienced windshield noise, steering wheel screaking or cockpit black out as people described in this forum.

Last edited:
I am at the Millbrae Center now and my car is being inspected while I wait. Chris just told me they have already inspected all the cars curr Here awaiting delivery to customers and none of them had any problem related to the recall. There are a ton of cars here now.
my car is supposedly there awaiting final inspection. I live nearby and I wonder if i can check it out. is the staging area open to public?

Back