Recall

You know, I watched the Hypermile video posted earlier and it appeared that the screens were off and on. It starts around the 4:10 mark. It struck me as odd but maybe this is a visual of what this recall is all about? Here is the post Hypermile (sorry not smart enough to link to the video start time).

Last edited:
My GT is currently in service for the third time since I purchased it. First 2 times were for a week each. This time I’m told it’s gonna take three weeks. It’s taken them a week and a half for them to diagnose the software/hardware problem and last night I was told it’s gonna take 3 to 5 business days to get the part. And then they have to install it. They think it’s a low voltage junction box problem. I wonder if it’s related. At the time I get my car back it well have been in the shop longer than I have driven it by about a week.
did they give you a loaner? What did they give you?

my car is supposedly there awaiting final inspection. I live nearby and I wonder if i can check it out. is the staging area open to public?
They will contact you when it is ready for delivery. You can go there but you will most likely be restricted to the customer waiting area.

Great news (😒), Jalopnik is on the scene to peddle their misinformation.

“…if you consider that the company has only delivered roughly 500 vehicles up to now according to its last two quarterly earnings reports, that means that every Air on the road plus those manufactured but not yet in driveways is mired in this recall.”

Great news (😒), Jalopnik is on the scene to peddle their misinformation.

“…if you consider that the company has only delivered roughly 500 vehicles up to now according to its last two quarterly earnings reports, that means that every Air on the road plus those manufactured but not yet in driveways is mired in this recall.”
Well that article makes no sense. “Tesla2” a regular poster to this forum was at the Houston Service Center this morning for a question about his charging cord and they told him his GT was not on the recall list. At least that is what I understood from him. Maybe he will see this and correct me if I am wrong.

Well that article makes no sense. “Tesla2” a regular poster to this forum was at the Houston Service Center this morning for a question about his charging cord and they told him his GT was not on the recall list. At least that is what I understood from him. Maybe he will see this and correct me if I am wrong.
Everyone of delivered Air will get official letter from National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety soon on June 20th. I got email notification late this morning. While I brought it up to Houston service center, my concierge told me I don’t have to worry about it as my batch of production was not affected. So my guess is some service centers do better Post Delivery Inspection than others? Btw, the guys here in Houston are basically all ex-Tesla employees who have experience and knowledge of EV exposure than my DA (don’t want to mention his name again).

did they give you a loaner? What did they give you?
The second time they towed it they gave me a Tesla model Y as a loaner. This time they initially gave me an infinity SUV that was huge and drove like a boat. After about 10 days they swapped it out with another model Y. Haven’t heard for Tesla‘s I’m at least happy that I got a Tesla As a loner.

This affects only vehicles built before May 4th. Meaning 1,1117 vehicles delivered November - May 4th. Meaning, Q4 - 125, Q1 - 360, April - 300+ (785). Leaving 332 deliveries sometime in Q2 timeframe before May 4th.

Th
This affects only vehicles built before May 4th. Meaning 1,1117 vehicles delivered November - May 4th. Meaning, Q4 - 125, Q1 - 360, April - 300+ (785). Leaving 332 deliveries sometime in Q2 timeframe before May 4th.
That is great news, regarding the info on production numbers. Who told you about the May 4th date?

That is great news, regarding the info on production numbers. Who told you about the May 4th date?

Lucid established a clean point at its manufacturing plant for vehicles with production dates beginning with May 4, 2022. All Lucid vehicles manufactured prior to the clean point are potentially affected... Lucid estimates that 1,117 vehicles delivered to customers are potentially affected by below spec clearance.

This establishes the issue started on or before May 4th, 2022 and that the number of issue affected cars are consider "below spec clearance".

"Description of Recall Schedule : Owners will be notified by email and US First Class Certified mail."

Expect a letter as well as the email you all received.

Lucid will reimburse owners for costs an owner reasonably incurred to obtain a remedy for this noncompliance during the period starting from initial vehicle delivery through 10 days after Lucid’s mailing of the owner notification letter concerning this noncompliance.

Lucid will reimburse or fix this at no cost until June 30th. Thereafter it's seems like it's up to Lucid whether to charge or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJL
Contacted Lucid in Beverly Hills on Tuesday and had my car inspected at the Service Center today. They did the check for the recall, no issues and was in and out within 30 to 40 mins.

I’m in Denver. Service center not open just yet, so they send a very nice technician out to my house anytime I have an issue. Took him 30 minutes.

Two Safety recalls on the same day? I wonder what the rest of my day will be like.

Attachments

• Rivian  Lucid motice .jpg
    Rivian Lucid motice .jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
Two Safety recalls on the same day? I wonder what the rest of my day will be like.
I have never received one in mail yet.

Must be the tow eye recall for the like 575 ish Airs

Reminds me that I should order a Rivian. Kinda like a baked potato in the oven… who knows if I’ll want one in an hour like Rivian if I’ll want one in two years 😂

Reminds me that I should order a Rivian. Kinda like a baked potato in the oven… who knows if I’ll want one in an hour like Rivian if I’ll want one in two years 😂
The Rivian recall, other than the inconvenience of driving to the Service Center, took just five minutes to check and torque the upper joint bolt. Extremely well organized. Looked like the Penske team changing tires on a race car.

Back