Rear Seat Belt Warning Chime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooshjkc

Cars
Air, Taycan, EQS SUV
Does anyone know or if it’s even possible to disable the rear seat belt warning chime? As far as I know no other cars in the US has this warning chime? When I had the Tesla Model X it would show you who doesn’t have their seat belt on, but it won’t give you a constant chime until they put it on.

Does anyone know or if it’s even possible to disable the rear seat belt warning chime? As far as I know no other cars in the US has this warning chime? When I had the Tesla Model X it would show you who doesn’t have their seat belt on, but it won’t give you a constant chime until they put it on.
My 2021 MS has a very polite, but very persistent, rear seat belt chime.
It also shows the guilty party on a diagram (main screen).
Bothered me at first, but it is a safety issue, so I’m good with it.

Your situation may be different, of course.

I agree it is a safety issue, but I still would like the option and not have to remind me constantly.

Yeah, but what if you put your heavy grocery bags in the back seat. That's annoying, particularly since you don't get the seat belt warning until after you've started driving. Then you have to stop and move the groceries to the footwell. On the positive side, you'll only have to do that a few times before you retrain your behavior and put them in the footwell to begin with. (Not that I would know from experience, or anything like that.)

Leave all three back seat belts buckled.
Or, buy 3 pet seat belt tethers, cut off the strap/tether leaving only the metal-male-seatbelt-insert to insert into female portion of seatbelt (or just buy two and buckle center belt).

(This is in no way any recommendation or suggestion to use such a by-pass when a human is using the seat(s). Seatbelts absolutely save lives.)

Did you ever get an answer? I would also like to disable the chime for the back seats.

Did you ever get an answer? I would also like to disable the chime for the back seats.
My rear seat belt warning chime doesn't stop even when the rear seats are folded flat with no passengers. My solution is to buckle them up before folding the rear seats flat for cargo.

We once drove with our 3 kids around neighbor unbuckled my wife was so irritated at the chimes lol. In tesla car you can press the seat warning ⚠️ on screen and it goes away. I could not figure out how to make the chime stop and user manual has no instruction so assumed it’s not a feature yet

We once drove with our 3 kids around neighbor unbuckled my wife was so irritated at the chimes lol. In tesla car you can press the seat warning ⚠️ on screen and it goes away. I could not figure out how to make the chime stop and user manual has no instruction so assumed it’s not a feature yet
Perhaps they should buckle up.

It was just the neighborhood going slow like 5 miles per hour or less
That’s like saying they’re only riding their bike to the neighbors house so they don’t need their helmet. The pavement is just as hard close to home as it is farther away.

You might be going slow on a public road, but you have no control of other cars around you. What if they crashed into you? It’s the law if a car is in drive, all occupants must have their seatbelt secured. I know if something happened you wouldn’t forgive yourself, and it’s definitely not worth the risk.

How very on brand for you.

"This noise that tells me that my children don't have their seat belts on annoys me, therefore I want a software function to disable the noise"

What a weird take. I wonder how irritated your wife would be when one of your children goes flying through the windshield or into the side pillars because they were rear ended or T-boned by another car.

Surely you realize that seatbelts protect you even when the car is completely still, right? There's no law of the universe that says "nothing can or will happen to me if I'm only driving slowly in the neighborhood even for a few seconds".

There's a way to make the chime stop...it's called being a responsible parent. Maybe you just haven't yet been updated with that particular software release yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back