Rear Deck Creaking Noise

lol, so there’s a replacement for the replacement already? I spoke with a manager yesterday at the local Boston office and he said he’d reach out to Lucid for the latest guidance. I’m curious to hear if I’ll be told the same thing.

I got the replacement deck about a month ago, and for the most part, it has been rattle, free, with the exception of an occasional creak ( barely noticeable) over larger bumps. I have been pretty happy with it. Curious to know why there is yet another replacement.😳😳

I got the replacement deck about a month ago, and for the most part, it has been rattle, free, with the exception of an occasional creak ( barely noticeable) over larger bumps. I have been pretty happy with it. Curious to know why there is yet another replacement.😳😳
I also had mine replaced a month ago and was I lent for 4 weeks until the noise came back a few days ago. So, yeah, the replacement didn’t really fix the issue permanently

Even though I had the part number from an earlier post, a few weeks ago the Scottsdale SC told me there was no new rear deck. I didn't push it as most of my creaking was related to another part. But with most of my creaking resolved, I'm left with one-off issues that are related to the rear deck. Hopefully Lucid will be distributing their guidance on the rear deck broadly so all service centers are on the same page.

lol, so there’s a replacement for the replacement already? I spoke with a manager yesterday at the local Boston office and he said he’d reach out to Lucid for the latest guidance. I’m curious to hear if I’ll be told the same thing.
From discussion with the regional service manager, sounds like the rear deck issue is very common. He even mentioned that he drove a couple of the cars and noticed it immediately. Hopefully the new and improved version will be better. Also, interesting to know that there were other items that were replaced today by service which I did not know about. Evidently there was a redo of the black trim pieces on the frunk and trunk - they were reportedly redesigned so they are a little shorter. I hadn't had any issues but he replaced them due to the service bulletin. Maybe, because my AGT is one of the earlier ones ....

Lucid repair Rep, Mike, out of the Chicag office, completed his work and we did a very quiet test drive! A real pleasure to have that irritating noise gone. I encourage all of you who have a similar problem to get a hold of Lucid as they can correct this issue.
Can you share your service number for this? That way, when opening the ticket, we can say "reference this ticket for the problem and fix"?

Thanks.

The creaking noise I had reported earlier was resolved last week by the repair activity noted below. The issue was with the roof bow, not the rear parcel shelf as previously suspected.

My understanding is that sometimes there isn't enough glue applied during manufacturing, and if so, it can cause a plastic-on-plastic creaking/rubbing noise inside the cabin. Since the repair, I have driven the car in various conditions, including after it has been sitting in the sun and during the early morning when it's cold. In both situations, I would previously hear the noise, but none has been present since the fix.

I do think there's a second creaking noise, which I generally only get when I pull out of my driveway (when the rear passenger wheel rolls off the sidewalk while the rear driver's side wheel is on the sidewalk). That tends to only happen in that situation, and the same creak was present in the GT loaner I was given. My best guess is that this issue is related to the rear parcel shelf. I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't continue while I'm driving.

Quite pleased to get this resolved.

View attachment 10292View attachment 10290
You got a GT loaner??? WOW - I got a Nissan Maxima (was thankful to at least have wheels on Lucid's account, but would have preferred something like a GT Loaner or at least a Tesla, which the rental car place has) - how did you pull that off? It was a long 3 weeks of the Lucid being gone - hated going to the gas station again.

You got a GT loaner??? WOW - I got a Nissan Maxima (was thankful to at least have wheels on Lucid's account, but would have preferred something like a GT Loaner or at least a Tesla, which the rental car place has) - how did you pull that off? It was a long 3 weeks of the Lucid being gone - hated going to the gas station again.
They are giving out loaners as they build/have them. Not every center has them yet, and there aren't enough even when they do, so not everyone can/will get a loaner today, but in the long run that's the plan.

They are giving out loaners as they build/have them. Not every center has them yet, and there aren't enough even when they do, so not everyone can/will get a loaner today, but in the long run that's the plan.
Going to drop off my car next week. They told me to go rent a car with an allowance up to $100/day and will re-imburse. Has anyone had any trouble of them reimbursing? Would be nice if they coordinate it for you and be on Lucid's acct vs me pay and then ask for money back.

Going to drop off my car next week. They told me to go rent a car with an allowance up to $100/day and will re-imburse. Has anyone had any trouble of them reimbursing? Would be nice if they coordinate it for you and be on Lucid's acct vs me pay and then ask for money back.
Did they limit you on what you can use for a rental company?

Had a rental for a month, bit over $100. No problems with reimbursing, just let them know beforehand.

Reactions: AMG
I asked for this creaking noise to be addressed when I had mobile service at my home, and again while in the main service center, but both times they claimed they couldn't hear it enough to justify fixing. Now that it's warmed up where I'm at I hear it more frequently. Is there a service bulletin on this that I can point them to?

I asked for this creaking noise to be addressed when I had mobile service at my home, and again while in the main service center, but both times they claimed they couldn't hear it enough to justify fixing. Now that it's warmed up where I'm at I hear it more frequently. Is there a service bulletin on this that I can point them to?
I too have had mobile service out to inspect. They heard it, but said it would need to be handled in the Service Center. I did bring it into the Service Center, where they fixed a couple of other things, including another creaking noise, but didn't address the rear deck. I told them it was my understanding there was a new, updated, slightly smaller rear deck, but they said they weren't aware of it. (And this was the Scottsdale SC).

Anyway, would be great to be able to point to a bulletin as you suggest.

I just had my rear deck creak addressed. I had put in some Bobby foam and that took care of it mostly, but it would still rear its ugly head now and then.
So far, I've had the car back for several days and I'm not hearing any creak anymore. Not sure what they did, but it's possible I had a loose clip somewhere in addition to the deck rubbing against the rear window.

This has literally been the largest source of frustration for me. I’ve had the deck replaced with the redesigned part but that remained silent for 3 weeks and then the noise came back. It just makes driving the car without music unbearable (which I was forced to yesterday when the speakers just weren’t cooperating). Not to mention the many other creaks I experience daily.

This has literally been the largest source of frustration for me. I’ve had the deck replaced with the redesigned part but that remained silent for 3 weeks and then the noise came back. It just makes driving the car without music unbearable (which I was forced to yesterday when the speakers just weren’t cooperating). Not to mention the many other creaks I experience daily.
Did you try foam?

Did you try foam?

I may need to go the infamous Bobby foam route also. Had my deck replaced a month ago and it was OK for a while , but lo and behold , the rattle is back and a bit worse than before. It’s really an odd phenomenon that Lucid should try to resolve as soon as possible. . It’s not bad enough to drive me batty, but sometimes it gets a tad irksome. A nice simple fix like you have suggested seems like a great way to rid myself of this little annoyance.😉😉😉

I may need to go the infamous Bobby foam route also. Had my deck replaced a month ago and it was OK for a while , but lo and behold , the rattle is back and a bit worse than before. It’s really an odd phenomenon that Lucid should try to resolve as soon as possible. . It’s not bad enough to drive me batty, but sometimes it gets a tad irksome. A nice simple fix like you have suggested seems like a great way to rid myself of this little annoyance.😉😉😉
I agree. If such a simple engineering issue can’t be addressed in an elegant way by a company that managed to engineer the best electric drivetrain and motors…I’m puzzled.

I agree. If such a simple engineering issue can’t be addressed in an elegant way by a company that managed to engineer the best electric drivetrain and motors…I’m puzzled.
There’s that word again: simple.

Nothing about making a car is simple.

Having said that, it is curious they still don’t seem to have a definitive fix for this problem. I thought they had a whole new part they were supposed to replace. My creak is gone after it was just addressed by service. I don’t know what they did, but they did not replace the rear deck. And I’ve seen too many reports here of it coming back to be 100% confident that what they did will fix it for good.

I’m wondering if there’s a communication issue going on. Where even if they’ve come up with a solution, not every service tech gets notified immediately of the newest procedure. Or maybe they are still trying to fix things in the most cost-efficient way possible, and only replace parts when absolutely necessary? Who knows?

Back