Rear Deck Creaking Noise

What is the rep. doing to fix? I have service coming out tomorrow and this is on the top of my list. Wondering if others are being offered the redesigned rear deck as the solution.
Already had my agt at the SC twice and they couldnt fix it. Actually got worse after the second repair. They tried unsightly felt, didnt work. Have filed a new repair ticket. Also have vibrating noise in the front of the cabin, possibly in the dash, hard to locate. After two repairs, it still also remains.

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing an annoying, rather loud, creaking noise coming from the rear "deck" behind the back seats (the area where the rear speakers are mounted). Each time the rear wheels go over a bump (especially when only one of the rear wheels hits a bump or drops into a dip in the road but not the other rear wheel....), that deck makes a very annoying creaking sound (as though the plastic is twisting and rubbing up against where is meets the back window). I have put the back seats down thinking the deck may be rubbing against the seats but that doesn't resolve the issue.
Any ideas of how to stop the noise would be welcomed. I've had two Model S's and an Audi S8 and none of them have had a cheap sounding rattle/creak like my Lucid has. My wife just got an EQS SUV and no cheap sounding rattle coming from it.

Lucid repair Rep, Mike, out of the Chicag office, completed his work and we did a very quiet test drive! A real pleasure to have that irritating noise gone. I encourage all of you who have a similar problem to get a hold of Lucid as they can correct this issue.

What is the rep. doing to fix? I have service coming out tomorrow and this is on the top of my list. Wondering if others are being offered the redesigned rear deck as the solution.

I recently( last week) had my rear deck replaced and now my car is virtually rattle free. When I had service up a few weeks ago, James noticed that the original deck was not properly secured , as several fasteners were missing. A new deck was ordered (which I think is the redesigned model) , and it was reattached, along with a new back speaker ( mine was defective ) .

Last edited:
I'm pleased that others seem to be resolving their rear deck creaking issues, either via Bobby Foam, replacing fasteners, a reengineered rear deck lid replacement, or other means. I had mobile service out today and replicated the creaking issue for the technician. I was told that I'd need to bring it in to the Service Center to investigate; nothing was done to investigate the cause. I told him I was aware of a redesigned lid, and asked whether they may be able to order ahead of my visit. The tech. was unaware of a new deck lid but said he'd check with John at the Scottsdale Service Center.

I got my hopes up that they'd be able to poke around, find something loose, makes some adjustment, or confirm a new deck was needed, but guess this was out of scope for mobile service.

I'm pleased that others seem to be resolving their rear deck creaking issues, either via Bobby Foam, replacing fasteners, a reengineered rear deck lid replacement, or other means. I had mobile service out today and replicated the creaking issue for the technician. I was told that I'd need to bring it in to the Service Center to investigate; nothing was done to investigate the cause. I told him I was aware of a redesigned lid, and asked whether they may be able to order ahead of my visit. The tech. was unaware of a new deck lid but said he'd check with John at the Scottsdale Service Center.

I got my hopes up that they'd be able to poke around, find something loose, makes some adjustment, or confirm a new deck was needed, but guess this was out of scope for mobile service.
If your creaking is caused by the same issue as most, it’s because the rear deck makes contact with the rear glass and rubs against it. The redesigned part is just smaller so there’s a bigger gap. At least that is my understanding.

If your creaking is caused by the same issue as most, it’s because the rear deck makes contact with the rear glass and rubs against it. The redesigned part is just smaller so there’s a bigger gap. At least that is my understanding.
I'm quite sure this is what's happening in my case. There's a correlation with changing temperatures. For example, if I leave the car sitting in the sun, the creak becomes far more evident. There's something with the expansion and contraction and how it contacts with the glass. I had the technician sit in the backseat, and we immediately replicated the noise by exiting my driveway. (The creak happens 100% of the time when one rear wheel transitions from the sidewalk to the street)

As I mentioned, the technician knew nothing of a redesigned part. Disappointed there was no attempt to diagnose.

I'm quite sure this is what's happening in my case. There's a correlation with changing temperatures. For example, if I leave the car sitting in the sun, the creak becomes far more evident. There's something with the expansion and contraction and how it contacts with the glass. I had the technician sit in the backseat, and we immediately replicated the noise by exiting my driveway. (The creak happens 100% of the time when one rear wheel transitions from the sidewalk to the street)

As I mentioned, the technician knew nothing of a redesigned part. Disappointed there was no attempt to diagnose.
That’s exactly how I could reproduce mine
3CEFD6F7-A1E6-4D0A-B650-AD80EED8B650.jpeg

I’m attaching a part of the work order that includes the part number for the part I received that resolved my issue. Hope this helps the tech in your case.

That’s exactly how I could reproduce mine.

I’m attaching a part of the work order that includes the part number for the part I received that resolved my issue. Hope this helps the tech in your case.
Thank you, this is helpful.

The creaking noise I had reported earlier was resolved last week by the repair activity noted below. The issue was with the roof bow, not the rear parcel shelf as previously suspected.

My understanding is that sometimes there isn't enough glue applied during manufacturing, and if so, it can cause a plastic-on-plastic creaking/rubbing noise inside the cabin. Since the repair, I have driven the car in various conditions, including after it has been sitting in the sun and during the early morning when it's cold. In both situations, I would previously hear the noise, but none has been present since the fix.

I do think there's a second creaking noise, which I generally only get when I pull out of my driveway (when the rear passenger wheel rolls off the sidewalk while the rear driver's side wheel is on the sidewalk). That tends to only happen in that situation, and the same creak was present in the GT loaner I was given. My best guess is that this issue is related to the rear parcel shelf. I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't continue while I'm driving.

Quite pleased to get this resolved.

IMG_4350.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 10.07.24 AM.png

Well, that's very interesting. Mine goes into service in a bit to fix some other issues. I did tell them about my rear creak, which has been "fixed" with the Bobby foam up until now, with the exception of the occasional cold morning where it'll creak a few times at the start of driving. I'm curious to see what they come up with for my car, or if they even check the roof bow.

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing an annoying, rather loud, creaking noise coming from the rear "deck" behind the back seats (the area where the rear speakers are mounted). Each time the rear wheels go over a bump (especially when only one of the rear wheels hits a bump or drops into a dip in the road but not the other rear wheel....), that deck makes a very annoying creaking sound (as though the plastic is twisting and rubbing up against where is meets the back window). I have put the back seats down thinking the deck may be rubbing against the seats but that doesn't resolve the issue.
Any ideas of how to stop the noise would be welcomed. I've had two Model S's and an Audi S8 and none of them have had a cheap sounding rattle/creak like my Lucid has. My wife just got an EQS SUV and no cheap sounding rattle coming from it.
I noticed the same noise awhile back and yesterday the deck lid ground its way into the rear window, resulting ground glass and a large crack. Scheduled for service on Monday. Looks like a design flaw, as even slight misalignment in the trunk hinge puts the window at risk.

I noticed the same noise awhile back and yesterday the deck lid ground its way into the rear window, resulting ground glass and a large crack. Scheduled for service on Monday. Looks like a design flaw, as even slight misalignment in the trunk hinge puts the window at risk.
Oh damn. Sorry that happened. Yes, the part has been redesigned and been made smaller. Bummer it wasn’t addressed sooner for you.

Well, my positive experience was short lived. I got the “definitive” repair for this which means the redesigned replacement part for the rear deck. To my complete disappointment, a month later the creak is back. I am SO done with Lucid. It’s now been in for repair of this issue 3 separate times. I am just tired of hearing creaks coming from a car costing this amount of money. This is so pathetic, I’m kind of at a loss for words on how to proceed from here.

Just got my rear deck noise repaired but I will keep my neoprene insulators and install tools in the trunk just in case.

Well, my positive experience was short lived. I got the “definitive” repair for this which means the redesigned replacement part for the rear deck. To my complete disappointment, a month later the creak is back. I am SO done with Lucid. It’s now been in for repair of this issue 3 separate times. I am just tired of hearing creaks coming from a car costing this amount of money. This is so pathetic, I’m kind of at a loss for words on how to proceed from here.
I'm really sorry to hear that and absolutely understand the frustration. Totally been there. The constant creaking made me, depending on my mood, either sell the car or drive it into a tree.

Does your creak happen under certain conditions? As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think I had a couple of things going on. I still have a creak that happens every day when I pull out of my driveway. This is when one wheel is on the sidewalk and the other on the street, with the car pulling out at an angle. Happens every single time and I think is related to the rear deck. I also had a creak that would continue while driving. This noise was not always present, but was more common when my car had been sitting out in the sun for a while. In those situations, with the top and glass heated up, it could potentially be creaking the entire drive. I did have some situations where it occurred when the glass and top weren't heated up, but it was far less common.

That latter issue was resolved by the removal and reinstallation of the bow appliqué. (Detail is in post #190 on this thread) Pretty sure when they pull that piece off they can see if it may have been applied incorrectly, I believe with insufficient glue/bonding agent.

I'm really sorry to hear that and absolutely understand the frustration. Totally been there. The constant creaking made me, depending on my mood, either sell the car or drive it into a tree.

Does your creak happen under certain conditions? As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think I had a couple of things going on. I still have a creak that happens every day when I pull out of my driveway. This is when one wheel is on the sidewalk and the other on the street, with the car pulling out at an angle. Happens every single time and I think is related to the rear deck. I also had a creak that would continue while driving. This noise was not always present, but was more common when my car had been sitting out in the sun for a while. In those situations, with the top and glass heated up, it could potentially be creaking the entire drive. I did have some situations where it occurred when the glass and top weren't heated up, but it was far less common.

That latter issue was resolved by the removal and reinstallation of the bow appliqué. (Detail is in post #190 on this thread) Pretty sure when they pull that piece off they can see if it may have been applied incorrectly, I believe with insufficient glue/bonding I’

I’m pretty certain it’s the rear deck as it sounds identical to the noise prior to the temporary fix. When I got my vehicle back after the deck had been replaced it was absolutely silent and nothing was done to the exterior of the car. Maybe with enough driving around a fastener or two got loose and we’re back to square one. I just wish they had covered the rear deck in the same fabric trim as some of the vehicle, or even alcantara, because I don’t think those materials would squeak/creak when making contact with glass. Anyway, Lucid is aware and I’ll chime in when I have updates.

I haven’t had the other noise you described.

I was scheduled to have rear deck replaced in my AGT today with a bunch of other small items and was informed today that there is another new rear deck fix that came out via email to the service crews yesterday. Sounds like there is a replacement piece to the recently updated rear deck replacement piece. Will post when I get the new and improved replacement- may wait until my 12000 mile service since I am nearly at 10000 miles now.

I was scheduled to have rear deck replaced in my AGT today with a bunch of other small items and was informed today that there is another new rear deck fix that came out via email to the service crews yesterday. Sounds like there is a replacement piece to the recently updated rear deck replacement piece. Will post when I get the new and improved replacement- may wait until my 12000 mile service since I am nearly at 10000 miles now.
Very interested to learn more, thanks for sharing.

lol, so there’s a replacement for the replacement already? I spoke with a manager yesterday at the local Boston office and he said he’d reach out to Lucid for the latest guidance. I’m curious to hear if I’ll be told the same thing.

Back