Rear Deck Creaking Noise

Interesting. Were you able to reproduce it somehow to find out that that’s where the creak was coming from?
Yes, by pressing down in the area with my fingers I was able to reproduce it every time. I placed the microfiber towel, and then later the Foam ™, positioning it to the point where the noise disappeared upon pressing down.

This is exactly why I’ve been advocating for Lucid to come up with the fix. Bobby, your solution may have worked for many, but what happens when a creak reappears and Lucid finds foam stuffed between the glass when you end up having to report it to keep your sanity in check?

Their attempt at fixing my creak from the rear deck improved it somewhat, but it’s very much present.

IMO, the solution is a rear deck that’s wrapped in cloth, or the same wool woven material, or alcantara.
I don't think anybody at Lucid is going to care if you have some foam stuck in there.

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing an annoying, rather loud, creaking noise coming from the rear "deck" behind the back seats (the area where the rear speakers are mounted). Each time the rear wheels go over a bump (especially when only one of the rear wheels hits a bump or drops into a dip in the road but not the other rear wheel....), that deck makes a very annoying creaking sound (as though the plastic is twisting and rubbing up against where is meets the back window). I have put the back seats down thinking the deck may be rubbing against the seats but that doesn't resolve the issue.
Any ideas of how to stop the noise would be welcomed. I've had two Model S's and an Audi S8 and none of them have had a cheap sounding rattle/creak like my Lucid has. My wife just got an EQS SUV and no cheap sounding rattle coming from it.
Not sure where this stands for you and if it’s been taken care of. I am still dealing with this issue and have been made aware of a redesigned part from Lucid. The Lucid technician even showed me under bright sunlight the marks left on the inside of the glass from the rubbing of the rear deck (same spots where Bobby suggested foam placement). The redesigned part is just a bit smaller so it doesn’t contact the rear glass. They are however on back order as this is a recognized issue with most vehicles out there (whether the creak bothers you or not). That’s the latest I have on this.

Not sure where this stands for you and if it’s been taken care of. I am still dealing with this issue and have been made aware of a redesigned part from Lucid. The Lucid technician even showed me under bright sunlight the marks left on the inside of the glass from the rubbing of the rear deck (same spots where Bobby suggested foam placement). The redesigned part is just a bit smaller so it doesn’t contact the rear glass. They are however on back order as this is a recognized issue with most vehicles out there (whether the creak bothers you or not). That’s the latest I have on this.
After placing the foam in mine 2000 miles ago it’s still perfectly silent. If anyone needs some foam let me know and I’ll send it.

Thanks for this update. I too am plagued by the creak and the foam doesn’t seem to resolve. I’ve even jammed microfiber towels between the length of the rear shelf and the glass. I’d think if my issue was related to the glass rubbing on the rear deck, shoving the towels down there or using the foam should have helped.
Perhaps the area of my creak is beyond where the foam and towels could reach? Do you perhaps have a picture of where the glass has been marked up by the rubbing?

Thanks for this update. I too am plagued by the creak and the foam doesn’t seem to resolve. I’ve even jammed microfiber towels between the length of the rear shelf and the glass. I’d think if my issue was related to the glass rubbing on the rear deck, shoving the towels down there or using the foam should have helped.
Perhaps the area of my creak is beyond where the foam and towels could reach? Do you perhaps have a picture of where the glass has been marked up by the rubbing?
It could be the seat like someone posted earlier as well?

It could be the seat like someone posted earlier as well?
Ha that may have been my post. I solved that squeak but this creak, which temporarily went away (I think it’s temperature dependent) has returned. It’s like the OP described. Especially the part about it happening when only one rear wheel goes up or down. For example, when leaving my driveway, as soon as the the left rear wheel goes from the sidewalk to street level, this creak happens nearly 100% of the time. I’m having mobile service come out in a couple weeks for a couple minor trim issues. Hoping I can recreate for them.
Very interested to hear more about this redesigned rear shelf.

I too have a rattle coming from the rear passenger area, so tomorrow is rattle abatement day. Thanks to all the great info I'll know where to begin without having to dismantle
the whole car.

I too have a rattle coming from the rear passenger area, so tomorrow is rattle abatement day. Thanks to all the great info I'll know where to begin without having to dismantle
the whole car.
I’ve had rattle abatement week without success. Good luck! Please report any solid findings. Maybe Bobby Foam will solve your issue.

I happened to be putting something in the trunk and saw that the rear deck was installed correctly, I wonder if this may be the source of the rattle.
I went to take a picture of this last night and could not see it until I had the trunk open and crouched down. I wonder if this misalignment might be the source of the noise.
In the picture below you will notice that if you are not at the correct angle you will not see the problem.
I have a neoprene pad in place on both sides of the deck and the noise has gone away. The pads work but are not an acceptable DYI on a 150K car.
PXL_20230214_050745197~3.jpg

PXL_20230214_050737162.jpg

I happened to be putting something in the trunk and saw that the rear deck was installed correctly, I wonder if this may be the source of the rattle.
I went to take a picture of this last night and could not see it until I had the trunk open and crouched down. I wonder if this misalignment might be the source of the noise.
In the picture below you will notice that if you are not at the correct angle you will not see the problem.
I have a neoprene pad in place on both sides of the deck and the noise has gone away. The pads work but are not an acceptable DYI on a 150K car.View attachment 9708
View attachment 9709
The misaligned part may be a separate issue. My car is in for service for this, otherwise I would have uploaded pics of where the glass and rear deck make contact (and consequently there are markings on the inner glass surface left behind from the frequent rubbing).

As a follow up, I had service here yesterday fixing a back speaker issue and my rear deck creaking issue . Upon his initial visit, James noticed that the rear deck was missing fasteners, resulting in a very loose fit .
Yesterday, in addition to changing the back speaker, he rebuilt the rear deck with the appropriate number of fasteners and my rattling and squeaking has completely gone away. I guess my recommendation is to check and see whether your rear deck is properly fastened and consider this a possible source of noise in the car.

The misaligned part may be a separate issue. My car is in for service for this, otherwise I would have uploaded pics of where the glass and rear deck make contact (and consequently there are markings on the inner glass surface left behind from the frequent rubbing).
Looking forward to this update!

As a follow up, I had service here yesterday fixing a back speaker issue and my rear deck creaking issue . Upon his initial visit, James noticed that the rear deck was missing fasteners, resulting in a very loose fit .
Yesterday, in addition to changing the back speaker, he rebuilt the rear deck with the appropriate number of fasteners and my rattling and squeaking has completely gone away. I guess my recommendation is to check and see whether your rear deck is properly fastened and consider this a possible source of noise in the car.
I did have this done initially and the noise improved but still was very much present. The fact that there is a redesigned, slightly smaller part of the rear deck means Lucid is aware and has at least attempted to address a wider problem that is likely happening to most cars out there to some degree (regardless or alignment and amount of fasteners).

I did have this done initially and the noise improved but still was very much present. The fact that there is a redesigned, slightly smaller part of the rear deck means Lucid is aware and has at least attempted to address a wider problem that is likely happening to most cars out there to some degree (regardless or alignment and amount of fasteners).

I did get a new rear deck, so perhaps this is the updated part!!

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing an annoying, rather loud, creaking noise coming from the rear "deck" behind the back seats (the area where the rear speakers are mounted). Each time the rear wheels go over a bump (especially when only one of the rear wheels hits a bump or drops into a dip in the road but not the other rear wheel....), that deck makes a very annoying creaking sound (as though the plastic is twisting and rubbing up against where is meets the back window). I have put the back seats down thinking the deck may be rubbing against the seats but that doesn't resolve the issue.
Any ideas of how to stop the noise would be welcomed. I've had two Model S's and an Audi S8 and none of them have had a cheap sounding rattle/creak like my Lucid has. My wife just got an EQS SUV and no cheap sounding rattle coming from it.
Yes, Lucid service rep here right now, he says this a common complaint. I would urge you to call Lucid, and not try and fix it yourself as they are very familiar with the problem. Charlie from Milwaukee.

Yes, Lucid service rep here right now, he says this a common complaint. I would urge you to call Lucid, and not try and fix it yourself as they are very familiar with the problem. Charlie from Milwaukee.
What is the rep. doing to fix? I have service coming out tomorrow and this is on the top of my list. Wondering if others are being offered the redesigned rear deck as the solution.

This is a well known problem and Lucid has a redesigned rear deck part that is physically smaller and prevents rubbing with the inner glass. I was lucky to get this installed a few days ago and can confirm the noise is gone. The part is in somewhat short supply I was told.

Back