Real world range touring 19 inch wheels

daily driving 300+ miles is a bit unusual
I agree. I don't go over 300/day too often. But, it happens several times a month. And that kind of mileage becomes an issue for me in the winter months with the smaller battery pack. My typical day is around 200-220 though. So, enough that I pay attention to efficiency on a regular basis.

Forget about my Rivian. It performs very close to its specs for my driving. I drive like a Boy Scout. My insurance company is State Farm. And their "Drive Safe and Save" telematics" would attest to my driving. Lucid probably has my telematics as well. They can validate.

Comparing Lucid and the German cars, the German cars (on the whole) deliver at or better than their claims. Lucid's "clever" spec is their range is the best. But that range metric is done @55 mph 0r 60 mph, hardly consistent with the image of the car.

Highway driving in the US means 70-75 mph, Texas excluded. The 75mph data from Car and Driver (and other reviewers) indicate Lucid's range performance drops off significantly whilst the German car makers are typically better.

I never said, "Lucid lied". But YES, I am saying Lucid's range claims do not harmonize with typical highway driving conditions. My belief is, that they should be more forthcoming in explaining that aspect.

Lucid will still be the range and efficiency king. Just less so. And the EV-buying public will be better served.

We are nuancing this whole thing. Let me give you a quick exercise that might come in handy one day:

> you told your wife you are going fishing with your buddies for the weekend.
> in reality, you met up with your old girlfriend for dinner on Friday night.
> you came home on Sunday night. The wife was suspicious. She asks, "Did you go see your girlfriend Saturday night?". You said, "NO!, I did not".
> OK, was that [A] a lie? an embellishment? or [C] a "credibility gap"?
If you want 70mph range advertised, write to your senator. Not here. Whats so hard to understand? As long as Lucid follows the rules, your argument has zero credibility.

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
I agree. I don't go over 300/day too often. But, it happens several times a month. And that kind of mileage becomes an issue for me in the winter months with the smaller battery pack. My typical day is around 200-220 though. So, enough that I pay attention to efficiency on a regular basis.
I grew up in Toronto and I lived in Ottawa for a couple of years. Temperature-wise, Buffalo can get cold, but nowhere as cold as Ottawa. Nevertheless, Buffalo's biggest winter challenge is snow. I'd be curious how the Lucid's low ground clearance fares in a snowy climate.

If you haven't seen this article already, it might be a good read on Lucid in extreme climate.

I grew up in Toronto and I lived in Ottawa for a couple of years. Temperature-wise, Buffalo can get cold, but nowhere as cold as Ottawa. Nevertheless, Buffalo's biggest winter challenge is snow. I'd be curious how the Lucid's low ground clearance fares in a snowy climate.

If you haven't seen this article already, it might be a good read on Lucid in extreme climate.

I read that before. And it's consistent with my experiences with the obvious difference between the GT and mine.

Only once last year was the unplowed snow deep enough that I noticed it. And yes, I noticed it because the snow was coming up over the hood of the car as I was driving because it was above the lowest point of the front of the car. The snow was probably 12-15 inches deep if I had to guess. Handled okay though

Well, at least we don't live in the EU and are mandated to use the WLTP test cycle for range. 🤣
True, since we all know Europeans are liars and the WLTP is a joke and never what anyone actually hits their WLTP range in the real world. EVs are a joke and Lucid is a liar 🤥 lol

I am still interested in seeing posts from people reporting real world range, especially at highway speeds. So please don't lock the thread.
I have no problem with this - the issue I have is with the incessant “Lucid is being dishonest” and “don’t remind me that everyone follows the same rules” posts.

Reporting real world range is helpful to everyone and a worthwhile discussion. Complaining that it doesn’t meet or beat EPA when you didn’t drive like the EPA tests mandate is not worthwhile.

Back