• Lucid Owners Notice: Text messaging to Customer Care unavailable for two weeks starting the week of July 8th. Click Here for further details.

Real world range touring 19 inch wheels

Winter 3.3, summer 3.8. It varies somewhat but these are my gut feeling of the seasonal averages. I do not record it.
Thanks....I think these are very respectable numbers!

Thanks....I think these are very respectable numbers!
I drove from Montreal to DC in Nov last year very cold weather 19" Pure AWD HA set to 72mph, heat set to 68. Drove solo. Gor 3.7 miles per kWh. Ambient temp was 35 to 45. No snow.

Drove from Santa Clarita to Irvine yesterday

20" Wheels
Car set to Smooth
Regen set to High
Temp Range 85 to 90
Highway Assist set to 72
AC set to 68 Auto
Some stop and go traffic but relatively a smooth run

Yes, elevation played a role in achieving this but regardless this is a very efficient EV and Lucid didn't just pull the EPA number out their a**.

1720725358592.jpeg

Drove from Santa Clarita to Irvine yesterday

20" Wheels
Car set to Smooth
Regen set to High
Temp Range 85 to 90
Highway Assist set to 72
AC set to 68 Auto
Some stop and go traffic but relatively a smooth run

Yes, elevation played a role in achieving this but regardless this is a very efficient EV and Lucid didn't just pull the EPA number out their a**.

View attachment 21796
If I did my potential energy conversion correctly, your elevation change should yield ~2.5kWh (Santa Clarita to Irvine). Thus, adjusting for elevation, your efficiency would be ~4.09 mi/kWh. Still a respectable number for ~70 mph driving. This is consistent with OoS's 70mph 100%-0% test. That yielded ~4m/kWh.

Hi everyone, I wanted to post our recent trip to Tahoe in our '24 touring, 19" wheels, 750 miles on the odometer

First Leg of the Trip
  • Trip - 199 miles - Berkeley to Incline Village, NV Lake Tahoe
  • Elevation Change During Trip - +7500 ft increase up the mountains
  • Duration 3.5 hrs
  • Air Temp Outside - 65 - 90 degrees (higher temps around Sacramento and Davis)
  • Speed - 65-90 mph, + sitting in traffic stop/go for 30 min
  • Air Fan was on but without AC, Heated seats were on front/passenger for last 1 hour of the trip
  • 3.3 kw total trip
Second Leg of the Trip
  • Trip - 201 miles - Incline Village, NV Lake Tahoe - Berkeley
  • Elevation Change During Trip - 7500 ft drop down the mountains
  • Duration 3.25 hrs
  • Air Temp Outside - 80 - 100 degrees (higher temps around Sacramento and Davis)
  • Speed - 75-95 mph (usually around low 80s), + sitting in traffic stop/go for 30 min around Davis in 100 degree temps with AC running
  • AC running 75% of the trip duration at level 6
  • 6.2 kw from Lake Tahoe to Sacramento leg
  • 4.9 kw from Lake Tahoe to Berkeley total avg

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with it. We did a couple of runs from Tahoe to Reno and back as well and those trips were similar going down the mountain and back up it however those temps were around 110 degrees outside.

So for right now, I'm getting about a 4.1kw round trip avg in hot summer conditions at fairly high speeds

Hi everyone, I wanted to post our recent trip to Tahoe in our '24 touring, 19" wheels, 750 miles on the odometer

First Leg of the Trip
  • Trip - 199 miles - Berkeley to Incline Village, NV Lake Tahoe
  • Elevation Change During Trip - +7500 ft increase up the mountains
  • Duration 3.5 hrs
  • Air Temp Outside - 65 - 90 degrees (higher temps around Sacramento and Davis)
  • Speed - 65-90 mph, + sitting in traffic stop/go for 30 min
  • Air Fan was on but without AC, Heated seats were on front/passenger for last 1 hour of the trip
  • 3.3 kw total trip
Second Leg of the Trip
  • Trip - 201 miles - Incline Village, NV Lake Tahoe - Berkeley
  • Elevation Change During Trip - 7500 ft drop down the mountains
  • Duration 3.25 hrs
  • Air Temp Outside - 80 - 100 degrees (higher temps around Sacramento and Davis)
  • Speed - 75-95 mph (usually around low 80s), + sitting in traffic stop/go for 30 min around Davis in 100 degree temps with AC running
  • AC running 75% of the trip duration at level 6
  • 6.2 kw from Lake Tahoe to Sacramento leg
  • 4.9 kw from Lake Tahoe to Berkeley total avg

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with it. We did a couple of runs from Tahoe to Reno and back as well and those trips were similar going down the mountain and back up it however those temps were around 110 degrees outside.

So for right now, I'm getting about a 4.1kw round trip avg in hot summer conditions at fairly high speeds
I am confused by your metrology. You reported 6.2kW from Tahoe to Sacramento and 4.9kW from Tahoe to Berkeley. First, kW is POWER, not ENERGY. kWh is energy. Second, did you mean 6.2kWh from Tahoe to Sacramento and THEN an additional 4.9kWh from Sacramento to Berkeley?

The numbers, as you have it in your post, don't make sense.

I meant kWh

On the portion of the drive from Tahoe to Sacramento it was 6.2kWh. I kept the trip analysis running and the overall average dropped to 4.9 kWh once the additional mileage from Sacramento to Berkeley was factored in with the Tahoe to Sacramento mileage. So for the 199 miles overall, it was 4.9 kWh

my numbers to make sense

I meant kWh

On the portion of the drive from Tahoe to Sacramento it was 6.2kWh. I kept the trip analysis running and the overall average dropped to 4.9 kWh once the additional mileage from Sacramento to Berkeley was factored in with the Tahoe to Sacramento mileage. So for the 199 miles overall, it was 4.9 kWh

my numbers to make sense
So, you are claiming you got 40 miles/kWh!!! I know there is elevation change in your favor. But this is totally INCREDIBLE! It is not real.

I meant kWh

my numbers to make sense
I think that you mean average mi/kWhr, then your numbers make sense.

So, you are claiming you got 40 miles/kWh!!! I know there is elevation change in your favor. But this is totally INCREDIBLE! It is not real.
I think you are off by a factor of 10X. Perhaps a decimal point error.

I think that you mean average mi/kWhr, then your numbers make sense.
I think the (potential) energy recovery from Tahoe to Berkeley is ~3.33 kWh due to elevation change. It is hard for me to rationalize the claimed numbers especially @ 75-96mph! If true, these are spectacular #s!!!

I think the (potential) energy recovery from Tahoe to Berkeley is ~3.33 kWh due to elevation change. It is hard for me to rationalize the claimed numbers especially @ 75-96mph! If true, these are spectacular #s!!!
I get 11 kWhr for the 6066 foot elevation loss. I agree that this efficiency may be possible at 75mph but not at 96mph.

I am confused by your metrology. You reported 6.2kW from Tahoe to Sacramento and 4.9kW from Tahoe to Berkeley. First, kW is POWER, not ENERGY. kWh is energy. Second, did you mean 6.2kWh from Tahoe to Sacramento and THEN an additional 4.9kWh from Sacramento to Berkeley?

Please note that while the trip computer is continually computing the true miles/kWh, it will not show anything higher than 6.2 miles/kWh on the display. I'm not sure why, as it's not like there's no room to display a higher figure. So, if you suddenly shift from a long downhill to a long uphill, the 6.2 miles/kWh figure will not change until the true figure drops below 6.2 miles/kWh.

I get 11 kWhr for the 6066 foot elevation loss. I agree that this efficiency may be possible at 75mph but not at 96mph.
Your 11kW number is correct. I had a typo in my initial calculation. Apologies!

Using your 11 kWh number, for the 200 mile trip @ 4.9 miles/kwh plus the beneficial 11kWh, that means 52kWh over 200 miles @75-95mph. As you said, 75mph might be plausible. Hard to imagine @95mph!

Can anyone share real world range for touring with 19 inch wheels either from personal experience or link to a test ?
Thanks !
I’m at 3.2kwph average about 4k miles total so far… I’d like to see it better but I have a heavy foot and use heating/ac regularly. High regen. 19 inch tires. Mixed driving. Live in northeast.

I’m at 3.2kwph average about 4k miles total so far… I’d like to see it better but I have a heavy foot and use heating/ac regularly. High regen. 19 inch tires. Mixed driving. Live in northeast.
Do you drive mostly highway? City?

How fast on the highways? @70mph highway, the Lucid gets about ~4-4.1 mi/kWh. @ 75mph, it gets ~3.5mi/kWh.; relatively flat roads, no AC/heating. That's been my experience.

Do you drive mostly highway? City?

How fast on the highways? @70mph highway, the Lucid gets about ~4-4.1 mi/kWh. @ 75mph, it gets ~3.5mi/kWh.; relatively flat roads, no AC/heating. That's been my experience.
I usually do mixed driving. In highway about 75-77mpb with either heating or ac on.

My trip A odometer reset itself around May 1.

January 3 to May 1 - 9162.8 miles, 2735 kw-hr for an average of 3.35

May 1 to today - 3132.2 miles, 782 kw-hr for an average of 4.00.

Similar driving other than exterior temperatures (NY, VT, NJ).

My trip A odometer reset itself around May 1.

January 3 to May 1 - 9162.8 miles, 2735 kw-hr for an average of 3.35

May 1 to today - 3132.2 miles, 782 kw-hr for an average of 4.00.

Similar driving other than exterior temperatures (NY, VT, NJ).
Looks pretty good to me! About a 15% reduction in the cold months, and 4.0 is great in the warmer months. Nice!

Back