Real world range touring 19 inch wheels

Here's my 'guess', if I understood you correctly. I ended up using 4.0 @ 70 as the starting point...
The 70mph and 75mph points are based on both calculation and actual data. As such, I would consider those data points and any interpolation in between to be "reliable". Again, this has to be bounded by other conditions such as temperature, elevation, etc...

Going beyond the 75mph, we will be extrapolating. I think the "rule-of-thumb" is still a good starting point as you have done. I am sure owners on this forum might have some data on these speeds (OK, fess-up, we all know many of you love the drive dynamics of the Lucid. As such, we know you have data on 80mph and 85mph!).

Be good if others can chime in with real efficiency data at 80mph/85mph.

The data I have seen RE: highway driving (my own road trips and review sites such as OoS) are consistent. @70mph, you should be getting ~4 m/kWh. Going to 75mph will drop that to ~3.4 m/kWh.

Separately, most owners are reporting "lifetime" efficiency ~3.6-3.8 m/kWh with a mixture of city and highway. Needless to say, elevation and temperature changes can modulate the resultant efficiencies.
Yes. 3.6 to 3.7 is what I got in 1.5yrs 16k miles

Yes. 3.6 to 3.7 is what I got in 1.5yrs 16k miles
Harik,

Do you know what your highway mileage efficiencies are at speeds, 70mh, 75mph, 80mph, 85mph? Any data?

Harik,

Do you know what your highway mileage efficiencies are at speeds, 70mh, 75mph, 80mph, 85mph? Any data?
I did not try that but others have the data. For example at 80mph I saw Pure and Touring owners report around 3 vs 3.7 at 70 which makes sense. 14% more speed 20% less efficiency.

The 70mph and 75mph points are based on both calculation and actual data. As such, I would consider those data points and any interpolation in between to be "reliable". Again, this has to be bounded by other conditions such as temperature, elevation, etc...

Going beyond the 75mph, we will be extrapolating. I think the "rule-of-thumb" is still a good starting point as you have done. I am sure owners on this forum might have some data on these speeds (OK, fess-up, we all know many of you love the drive dynamics of the Lucid. As such, we know you have data on 80mph and 85mph!).

Be good if others can chime in with real efficiency data at 80mph/85mph.
Words of Caution:

> the 70mph and 75mph numbers have been sanitized with actual testing and roundtrip data, I think they are credible if used in the same context of the test conditions.
> scaling the data beyond 75mph in this table is an extrapolation based only on the rule-of-thumb quadratic relationship between speed and drag. Clearly, there are other factors at play, such as how the efficiency of the drive train changes in these higher speeds as well as secondary aerodynamic factors.
> my hunch is, the degradation of efficiency may be a bit larger than just the rule-of-thumb scaling; but I can't quantify.
> if members in this forum have data that can help calibrate the 80mph+ data, that would help us build confidence.

Personally, I don't think we need to produce an exhaustive matrix to cover all possible efficiency degradations under all speeds. Mostly, I think we need a benchmark RE: driving at highway speeds over long distances that can be used to manage our en route charge planning. After all, RANGE is most meaningful when we go on road trips, typically driving sanely on the highway.

Here is a new posting by Edmunds RE: driving range in an AGT 19" wheels.

The route they took is largely covers part of the same route I often took on I-5.

Travelling between 70-75mph (typical Hwy speeds), Edmunds covered 997 miles using 302kWh or ~3.3 miles/kWh. The realized practical range of approximate 360-370 miles. It also referenced its own prior tests on maximizing range on Lucid and other EVs. There, they came close to getting the 516 mile range claimed by Lucid (AGT-19"). These "max range" tests wares tested @~40mph. (~4.5 miles/kWh).

Edmund's new posting is consistent with OoS/C&D and my personal experience. Practical highway range is about 360 miles @70-75mph. The en route charge time for such a trip is ~2.5 hours.

Recently did an unplanned trip from Columbus Ohio to Lexington KY in our GT. Just under 400 miles round trip at around 70-75 mph. Got home with 54 miles on the range guesstimator, so 450 on once charge

Recently did an unplanned trip from Columbus Ohio to Lexington KY in our GT. Just under 400 miles round trip at around 70-75 mph. Got home with 54 miles on the range guesstimator, so 450 on once charge
If you are cruising mostly at 70mph, OoS's test (100%-0%) reported 440 miles, which is pretty consistent with your experience. Obviously, there are other factors such as temperature, (slight) elevation changes, wind, etc..

If you are cruising mostly at 70mph, OoS's test (100%-0%) reported 440 miles, which is pretty consistent with your experience. Obviously, there are other factors such as temperature, (slight) elevation changes, wind, etc..
Also, I think (other readers can correct me) Lucid's speedometer is slightly "over-stated", probably by ~2 mph....i.e., when the speedometer says 70mph, it is really 68mph and 75mph on the speedometer means 73mph actual.

Also, I think (other readers can correct me) Lucid's speedometer is slightly "over-stated", probably by ~2 mph....i.e., when the speedometer says 70mph, it is really 68mph and 75mph on the speedometer means 73mph actual.
This is correct. It’s off by 2 mph by design.

I just returned from a 2k R/T ride. a trip report will be posted soon. that said what I've learned is that you need to take at least a 20% haircut on the range the car gives you on the guess o meter.

Funny after so many responses it really just boila down to, it depends on your driving habits...such a wide range of responses...

Back