Real world range touring 19 inch wheels

I've noticed I'm getting around 3.0 in town and 3.6 on the highway (cruise set at 77mph). We do a 500 mile round trip to visit family every month and it's been pretty consistent on these numbers the last few trips and then driving around town only in between.

I've done the same drive 100 mile freeway loop with no traffic in both my Rivian and my Lucid at a constant 70-75mph in similar weather conditions

In my Rivian, I got 2.45 miles/kwh against an EPA rating of 2.3 miles/kwh so I was able to EXCEED the EPA rating
In my Air, I got 3.6 miles/kwh against an EPA rating of 4.17 miles/kwh so I was well below the EPA rating

It just goes to show that you really can't trust the EPA rating at all. It makes it really hard to cross-shop vehicles when the EPA gives manufacturers the power to fudge their claims. I really hope the EPA is forced to improve their methodologies in the future.
This constant derailing of threads is a waste of my time, moderators time, and any member who is coming to get feedback about a specific topic. It seems there is no end even though we've asked multiple times nicely to keep threads on topic.

This topic is about real world range feedback from Lucid owners on 19" wheels. Your post is non related and derailing yet again.

I am replying to show that we don't just delete posts for no reason or targeting anyone in particular. We ask that our time and everyone else's time is being respected.

Lately I’ve been getting 4.0 to 4.1 mi/Kwh on 19” on my daily commute, where I used to get 3.3-3.4 as there’s a lot of stop/go/uphill on- ramps. How did I do this? Just by spending more time in regen and reducing my speed by about 5mph. If I see a slowdown ahead I slow down earlier but keep a steady slow speed keeping the regen going as long as possible. So to all the complainers out there, see, that’s how you do that. I think some are confused too and use “since last charge” rather than resetting trip A or B to see what driving efficiency is. Since last charge is inclusive of all other vehicle operations when not in motion such as waking/downloads/climate/battery temp maintenance etc. There is really very little to complain about with this car, and range/efficiency is definitely not one of them.

Interesting thread. It does drive me crazy though. I get 3.8-4.2 mi/KWh on 19s. That includes all types of driving. I use hi regen and have no problems slowing and enjoying the car. I cant understand how many get sidetracked worrying bout small differences in efficiency - but why worry about it?? Just drive the car and charge when you need to and enjoy. Drive, enjoy, charge, repeat.

Interesting thread. It does drive me crazy though. I get 3.8-4.2 mi/KWh on 19s. That includes all types of driving. I use hi regen and have no problems slowing and enjoying the car. I cant understand how many get sidetracked worrying bout small differences in efficiency - but why worry about it?? Just drive the car and charge when you need to and enjoy. Drive, enjoy, charge, repeat.
For real. Sorry, I was too distracted by the music, massaging seats, serenely spacious comfortable environment, head turning looks and phenomenal driving experience to worry about the nuances of the 5 cycle EPA test. It’s like those trolls who keep bringing up the stock price all over the internet. Obviously not many own the car, but I also seriously doubt a single Lucid owner would only love their car if the stock price was over $20/share right now. But go read TWITTER/X and you'd think everyone drives a stock symbol to work, not a car.

Agreed, when I am driving around on a typical day I don't concern myself with this however when road tripping efficiency is important so I can get the longest possible range out of the car

Does anyone have any data of Touring with 20 inch wheels? I have 23 model Touring and drove about 8900 miles. My overall efficiency is 3.5 miles/kwh

Let's try again. 19" wheels on Lucid AGT in highway driving can achieve the following ranges:
> @70mph ~390-400 miles (100% to 10%); ~430-440 miles (100% to 0%)
> @75mph ~330-340 miles (100% to 10%); ~370-380 miles (100% to 0%)

In planning your trip range and charging stops, you need to rely on real-life range data.

Let's try again. 19" wheels on Lucid AGT in highway driving can achieve the following ranges:
> @70mph ~390-400 miles (100% to 10%); ~430-440 miles (100% to 0%)
> @75mph ~330-340 miles (100% to 10%); ~370-380 miles (100% to 0%)

In planning your trip range and charging stops, you need to rely on real-life range data.
These numbers were achieved at reasonable ambient temperatures (75-85F) with no additional drain (AC or heater). If your driving environment requires AC/heater or a hotter/colder climate, you must further derate these numbers.

These numbers were achieved at reasonable ambient temperatures (75-85F) with no additional drain (AC or heater). If your driving environment requires AC/heater or a hotter/colder climate, you must further derate these numbers.
Also note, this data, only applies to the locale in which it was taken. It does not include extra weight, tire pressure, head or tail wind, or elevation changes.

Also note, this data, only applies to the locale in which it was taken. It does not include extra weight, tire pressure, head or tail wind, or elevation changes.
The only weight in the car was me and my dog, and my backpack~270lb total. Tire pressure is Lucid's spec'ed 49 PSI. No appreciable wind. Numbers are averages from several drives on I-10.

In other words, if you travel with 4 people in the car and heavy luggage and a strong headwind, yes, you should derate my numbers.

The only weight in the car was me and my dog, and my backpack~270lb total. Tire pressure is Lucid's spec'ed 49 PSI. No appreciable wind. Numbers are averages from several drives on I-10.

In other words, if you travel with 4 people in the car and heavy luggage and a strong headwind, yes, you should derate my numbers.
And yes, the tires were nitrogen-filled.

And yes, the tires were nitrogen-filled.
As for elevation change, in my most recent drive, I drove from Paradise Valley AZ (1,086 ft elevation) on I-10 and stopped to charge in San Bernadino (1,049 ft elevation). to charge after 330 miles. Yes, there were some up-and-down elevations along the route. I monitored the efficiencies but saw no tangible deviations of note. So, 37' of favorable elevation change net!

Also, I drove at night. Started ~1AM. I-10 traffic was very light, not much acceleration/braking. Temperature was moderate, ~80F. The only additional energy burden are my headlights from ~1AM to 5AM. You can calculate the number of kWh it might have consumed.

What is considered appreciable wind? A 5mph headwind will make quite a difference in efficiency.

What is considered appreciable wind? A 5mph headwind will make quite a difference in efficiency.
No wind I can feel. Did not monitor/record the exact wind speed. No gusts I experienced.

I should also note that my recent drive was non-stop from Paradise Valley to San Bernadino. Therefore there were no stop-and-go breaks.

Yes, it was superior bladder control but I can't get into the techniques as the moderators will have a fit for me getting off topic! :)

No wind I can feel. Did not monitor/record the exact wind speed. No gusts I experienced.

I should also note that my recent drive was non-stop from Paradise Valley to San Bernadino. Therefore there were no stop-and-go breaks.

Yes, it was superior bladder control but I can't get into the techniques as the moderators will have a fit for me getting off topic! :)
Attached is the actual charge receipt from EA. I blanked out the personal info. But you can do your own calculation:
> I started ~1AM
> I travel 330miles
> I charged for 42 min. (note, this was the second charger I used at the Walmart parking lot. The first one did not charge. I lost ~10-15min fiddling with the 1st charger.
> The receipt did not show the kWh dispensed. I don't know why.

If you did the math, you should be able to validate the parameters I gave you in the prior posts.
1719935225962.png

Also, I forgot to include humidity and altitude of travel for air density fluctuations and road conditions.

Agreed, when I am driving around on a typical day I don't concern myself with this however when road tripping efficiency is important so I can get the longest possible range out of the car
This is what I was saying yesterday. With the amount of driving some of us do, every day is a road trip. So, obviously, the importance and impact of range and efficiency are much greater

Back