Real world mileage: boston to NYC

imran

Cars
Lucid air GT
Did my first trip from boston to NYC today. Despite my best efforts could get no more than 2.5 miles per kw on the entire trip which means I had to charge on these back and finding the EA charger in Stamford is a PAIN. There’s no signs in the parking lots and we drive around for 30 mins befire the cop told us it was in the lower level of a specific parking lot. Wish the EA app would say that!!

Nit sure where the advertised 520 mile range comes from but I have beirne been able to charge rk higher than 467 or get anywhere close to that! I have a grand touring

You can also use the PlugShare App. Sometimes the description there is better. PlugShare says to take the Stop and Shop entrance on 6th street and the chargers are at the very end of the underground parking.

Did my first trip from boston to NYC today. Despite my best efforts could get no more than 2.5 miles per kw on the entire trip which means I had to charge on these back and finding the EA charger in Stamford is a PAIN. There’s no signs in the parking lots and we drive around for 30 mins befire the cop told us it was in the lower level of a specific parking lot. Wish the EA app would say that!!

Nit sure where the advertised 520 mile range comes from but I have beirne been able to charge rk higher than 467 or get anywhere close to that! I have a grand touring
AGT with 21” range is (ummm) 465

so it kind of depends on what model you have…?
then … that range is 100% of the battery
I tended to go from 85% to around 15% … which is 70% of that … which would give me a operational range of nearer 330… if I was to drive normally (around 65mph)

as somebody posted on my “first road trip” post, the efficiency at 85mph is 58% of that at 65mph … eg nearly half. So what speed were you driving?

AGT with 21” range is (ummm) 465

so it kind of depends on what model you have…?
then … that range is 100% of the battery
I tended to go from 85% to around 15% … which is 70% of that … which would give me a operational range of nearer 330… if I was to drive normally (around 65mph)

as somebody posted on my “first road trip” post, the efficiency at 85mph is 58% of that at 65mph … eg nearly half. So what speed were you driving?
I have AGT wiht 19" so I should be getting 516 miles but in all the driving I've done over the last 3 weeks on highways and mix use I've gotten at max 2.7 mi/kwh! Sooo, not even close!!

I have AGT wiht 19" so I should be getting 516 miles but in all the driving I've done over the last 3 weeks on highways and mix use I've gotten at max 2.7 mi/kwh! Sooo, not even close!!
And I'm not driving any differently than how I drive my gas powered vehicles. I'm not a slow driver but I'm NOT consistently driving at 85 either! On the highway I've doing about 75 avg.

And I'm not driving any differently than how I drive my gas powered vehicles. I'm not a slow driver but I'm NOT consistently driving at 85 either! On the highway I've doing about 75 avg.

Set regen to high, keep your AC off (use seat cooling instead), etc. there’s a bit of a learning curve, but you can get better for sure.

Also, what has the weather been like over there?

I’ve never got below 3.1 on 21”

(ok instantaneously I have been below 3, like going up a long hill - but per charge, my average is always above 3)

Hmmm

I’ve just done 750 miles at 72-80+ and got 3.1
during the night where the lights and AC were on, and the temps were from high 40s to low 60s

almost all on ACC

If I can't drive with AC on, I need/want/will choose another vehicle.

You can, of course. I’m just talking about how to maximize range. Seat cooling works well.

AC also kills mileage of gas cars, so not really different.

@imran : Are you in the Boston area? I know that there's at least one Dream Edition in Massachusetts. You might be the first Grand Touring I've heard about.

Did you do the Pike to 84 to get from Boston to NYC? Or down the 95 corridor?

Haha I bet on I95 you’d never get beyond 2.9 mi/kwh given the constant stop/go traffic.

Try cruise control.

I get 2.5-2.7 when handling it myself, and 2.9-3.1 on a DE-P when using cruise control (this is with climate, massage seats, etc, etc, on)

Regen is a very big part of EV driving to get the best efficiency. To be fair, the same exact conditions impact gas cars, its just not as noticeable as MPG is usually not tracked anywhere near as close as KwH

Try cruise control.

I get 2.5-2.7 when handling it myself, and 2.9-3.1 on a DE-P when using cruise control (this is with climate, massage seats, etc, etc, on)

Regen is a very big part of EV driving to get the best efficiency. To be fair, the same exact conditions impact gas cars, its just not as noticeable as MPG is usually not tracked anywhere near as close as KwH
On a recent 100 mile trip, I averaged 3.4 -3.5 using ACC. In Florida so A/C was on as was my wife's seat massage. Averaged 80+ for highway which was probably 2/3 of trip. AGT 19". I would have thought Boston to NY would be better due to lower speed limits IF you don't hit lots of traffic. Or if temperature was cold.

If it was 50 degrees that's more impact full on range than it being 90..or so I've read

Back