I20 Birmingham to Dallas

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
I20 between Tuscaloosa and Dallas is a bit of a charging desert. There are quite a few stations under construction so it should be easier by the end of the year.
This trip would be a real pain with a 200 mile range EV. Not too bad with the Lucid.

Notes from recent trip going East to West
East of Tuscaloosa there are plenty of stations.

EA just east of Tuscaloosa
Mercedes factory welcome center nice and well maintained. No facilities. Not sure of welcome center hours, closed during both day and night stops I’ve had there.
11 Mercedes Dr
Vance, AL 35490
United States

BMW dealership with 3 chargers. “EVconnect App” I got as high as 165kW from the ABB chargers. $0.33 kWh
1685 High St
Jackson, MS 39202
United States

EA at Target. Very nicely maintained I got full power car requested.
4103 Pecanland Mall Dr
Monroe, LA 71203
United States

Shell station with BBQ and Sonic. I got as high as 121kW starting state of charge about 40%
Also pricy. $0.85kWh no app required just swipe a credit card
3302 S Eastman Rd, Longview, TX 75602

Attachments

• IMG_2510.jpeg
    IMG_2510.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 336
  • IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 352
  • IMG_2512.jpeg
    IMG_2512.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2513.jpeg
    IMG_2513.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 144
I20 between Tuscaloosa and Dallas is a bit of a charging desert. There are quite a few stations under construction so it should be easier by the end of the year.
This trip would be a real pain with a 200 mile range EV. Not too bad with the Lucid.

Mercedes factory welcome center nice and well maintained. No facilities. Not sure of welcome center hours, closed during both day and night stops I’ve had there.
11 Mercedes Dr
Vance, AL 35490
United States

BMW dealership with 3 chargers. “EVconnect App” I got as high as 165kW from the ABB chargers. $0.33 kWh
1685 High St
Jackson, MS 39202
United States

4103 Pecanland Mall Dr
Monroe, LA 71203
United States

Shell station with BBQ and Sonic. I got as high as 121kW starting state of charge about 40%
I do wonder, why the DE over the sapphire? Is it because the DE is a better/more comfortable cruiser and has more range than the sapphire (akin to the alpina b8 vs the m8 respectively)?

I do wonder, why the DE over the sapphire? Is it because the DE is a better/more comfortable cruiser and has more range than the sapphire (akin to the alpina b8 vs the m8 respectively)?
As they are for all practical purposes the same on the road, the extra range is nice and I didn’t want to put 2k+ highway miles on the Sapphire.

11 Mercedes Dr
Vance, AL 35490
United States

1685 High St
Jackson, MS 39202
United States

4103 Pecanland Mall Dr
Monroe, LA 71203
United States

Question: did that bbq meal come with a dusting of Lipitor and Aspirin?

On a more serious note, we will be traveling to AL starting this summer for our son’s college. That is one of the reasons I got an AGT. There’s one decent charger around his college with a mediocre review. Between there and ATL, it’s slim pickings.
The same is the case if you go to the coast here in NC.
I have looked at the EA website and they’re concentrating at other markets from the looks of it. I’m glad to hear that you were able to juice up at dealerships.

As they are for all practical purposes the same on the road, the extra range is nice and I didn’t want to put 2k+ highway miles on the Sapphire.
This, right here, is the comment I needed to see to quell my fiery desire for the Sapphire.

I still want a chance at the wheel though. Coffee sometime? :)

This, right here, is the comment I needed to see to quell my fiery desire for the Sapphire.

I still want a chance at the wheel though. Coffee sometime? :)
Hey everybody, whats the over/under on it taking about 3 months for @borski to order a Sapphire? 🤣

Nope. You can't make me.
But I do want a sweet sweet upcycled leather duffel, so someone feel free to use my referral code to order a Sapphire and help me live my dream

Nope. You can't make me.
Yeah, but the Sapphire itself can!
But I do want a sweet sweet upcycled leather duffel, so someone feel free to use my referral code to order a Sapphire and help me live my dream
I don't know about you, but I'm still mad I didn't get my pencils, hat, water bottle, and shirt, even though I ordered an EV9! What terrible customer service

Back