Range question

This adapter is not waterproof and fills up with water if used in the rain. MIne failed after it was exposed to heavy rain. Its fine for indoor use.
Thanks for letting me know. I’ll pass on it then.

Hey B I feel your pain. My lucid air grand touring is experiencing the same drastic reduction in range. From the numbers you supplied, you’re using 167% of range per mile driven. My Lucid is also losing range at the same rate. I have been driving electric cars since 2014 and find this is not reasonably explained by any of the factors mentioned by those below. I’ve been driving my car on smooth 100% of the time On perfectly flat terrain in Naples Florida back in May and June with temperatures in the 70s and 80s. My car has been at the service center in Riviera Beach since June 13 and I have been completely unable to get a reasonable response ,or in some cases any response at all, from anybody at Lucid. The people at customer care are very nice, but have no expertise with which to help you and refuse to give you the name of anybody with any technical knowledge that you can contact directly. In short, my experience with Lucid service really sucks. I’m not sure what my next step is going to be but it will probably unfortunately be legal. This company is not ready for prime time.

Who is "B"?
What is the "range" question/detail?
Who are "those below"?
Why has your car been at the Riviera Beach Service Center for two months?
Who have you tried to get a response from? My experience is completely opposite, getting a direct response from the East Coast Head of Service, the District Service Manager and two separate techs.

With only a couple posts on this site, maybe you might benefit from asking for some help and giving more detail. Everyone here, well most everyone, is here to help. If you need a contact at Riviera Beach, just ask and I can send you a PM (Private Message, it will show up as a red number on the envelope icon above)

Last edited:
Who at the Riviera Service Center have you been able to get a proper response from?

Who at the Riviera Service Center have you been able to get a proper response from?
Sent you a PM with his email address.

Who is "B"?
What is the "range" question/detail?
Who are "those below"?
Why has your car been at the Riviera Beach Service Center for two months?
Who have you tried to get a response from? My experience is completely opposite, getting a direct response from the East Coast Head of Service, the District Service Manager and two separate techs.

With only a couple posts on this site, maybe you might benefit from asking for some help and giving more detail. Everyone here, well most everyone, is here to help. If you need a contact at Riviera Beach, just ask and I can send you a PM (Private Message, it will show up as a red number on the envelope icon above)

Tesla adapter is a must if your going to road trip this car.

Attachments

• 48981260-AF08-42DF-B2B9-064D9178E4EE.jpeg
    48981260-AF08-42DF-B2B9-064D9178E4EE.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 89
I'm new to the whole EV experience but one of the big selling points with Lucid was battery range. We've had our DE for a month now and only been driving local, charging with the "daily" setting. Yesterday we decided to take a trip out to see our son who is about 110 miles away. We had things charged up to about 78%, with miles reading 368 so figured no problem at all. Unfortunately, when we reached the destination the range was already down to 180 miles, having only completed the first leg. Most all the driving was 4 lanes or interstate driving between 65-80 MPH. We ended up stressing on the way home, but made it back with about 25 miles left on the battery indicator. So we start out with 368 miles of range for a 220 mile trip and barely make it back. Realizing that the range is an estimate and road conditions, speed, etc all factor into the actual range, we were shocked at how far off that calculation was. Are we missing something, or should we be talking to Lucid customer service?
I have a Lucid GT with 21" wheels. I expect the max. range is 450 miles. I drove on I5 from San Francisco to Los Angles. I charged my Lucid battery to 410 miles, After I drove approx. 200 miles, the battery only have less than 95 miles left. I drove 2000+ miles so far, using smooth mode and high regen. highway driving at 70 mph.
I came back from LA to SF a week later, I had the same mileage problem. I am only getting 70% of rated mileage which is very disappointing.
I am not sure it has a defect battery or false advertisement. I can't get good explanation from Lucid customer care so far.
Does anyone run into the similar problem?

I have a Lucid GT with 21" wheels. I expect the max. range is 450 miles. I drove on I5 from San Francisco to Los Angles. I charged my Lucid battery to 410 miles, After I drove approx. 200 miles, the battery only have less than 95 miles left. I drove 2000+ miles so far, using smooth mode and high regen. highway driving at 70 mph.
I came back from LA to SF a week later, I had the same mileage problem. I am only getting 70% of rated mileage which is very disappointing.
I am not sure it has a defect battery or false advertisement. I can't get good explanation from Lucid customer care so far.
Does anyone run into the similar problem?
I suspect a mix of speed, wind and weather. I did that trip this week and averaged probably around 3.0Kw @ 80mph where in the past I averaged 3.6Kw at the same speed.

I don’t believe the Lucid has a heat pump so it’s going to take a decent hit range in the colder months.

There's nothing wrong with your car. EPA range is an estimate for a mix of city driving and freeway driving. In an EV, at higher speeds, range falls with the square of the speed. You can get the EPA range but you'll need to drive slower than freeway speeds to get it. All EVs are like this. The EPA should change it's range regulations to state a city range and a highway range.

For a speed vs range example, if your car has a range of 400 miles while traveling at 65mph with no headwind, you can expect a range of roughly 300 miles at 75 mph, or at 65 mph with a 10mph headwind.

I suspect a mix of speed, wind and weather. I did that trip this week and averaged probably around 3.0Kw @ 80mph where in the past I averaged 3.6Kw at the same speed.

I don’t believe the Lucid has a heat pump so it’s going to take a decent hit range in the colder months.
Lucid GT has a 110kw battery. you were getting 3 miles /kw. that means the fully charged battery can only drive 330 miles, which is less than 70% of Lucid rated range.
Less than 70% rated range was what I got no matter I drove on highway or local with warm 65 degree weather.

Just like with EPA estimates for ICE vehicles, actual mileage varies.
I don’t know why Lucid refuses to use real time data to provide us with realistic range estimates.
Multiply the range shown by Lucid by 0.75 and that will give you some cushion.
I’m happy with the range I get even though it is well below EPA.
I can charge at home so at home I never give range any thought.
On road trips, if I can stop for a 20 minute bathroom break and add 50kWh , I do.
Trying to make an EV an ICE vehicle is like trying to make a computer be a typewriter.
Once you’re below 50% think about a stop at any level 3 charger. Get back to 80% and repeat.
Try to minimize stops and recreate an ICE vehicle at your own risk.
New technology, new paradigms.

Just like with EPA estimates for ICE vehicles, actual mileage varies.
I don’t know why Lucid refuses to use real time data to provide us with realistic range estimates.
Multiply the range shown by Lucid by 0.75 and that will give you some cushion.
I’m happy with the range I get even though it is well below EPA.
I can charge at home so at home I never give range any thought.
On road trips, if I can stop for a 20 minute bathroom break and add 50kWh , I do.
Trying to make an EV an ICE vehicle is like trying to make a computer be a typewriter.
Once you’re below 50% think about a stop at any level 3 charger. Get back to 80% and repeat.
Try to minimize stops and recreate an ICE vehicle at your own risk.
New technology, new paradigms.
I agree. My DE does not get the EPA range but still gets over 100 miles more that my wife's AMG EQS that get 105 percent of EPA. My Lucid also gets more range than my son's Model X Plaid. I do wish that Lucid's software would do a better job of telling me the actual miles left, which seems never to be correct.

We have 3 EV's and with the exception of the R1T, that is used locally and manages 2.6m/kWh, the IX and the DEP driven mostly at 75+ MPH during 400 plus mile runs, average 3.1 m/kWh plus 10% on calm days. 3.m/kWh was also the number we were getting with the Plaid while we owned it. We use the 3m/kWh as the most likely range scenario when traveling long distances at highway speeds.

With nearly 6000 miles on my GT I am averaging 3.7 which gives me over 400 miles to a full charge. Recently did trip to Boston this weekend from NJ - 250 miles each way. Going to Boston tried to be somewhat conservative and limited fast accelerations (mostly 😜) and averaged 75mph and got 3.7 . Coming back to NJ, temps were 20 degrees colder and I was driving 80-85 mph in Sprint and averaged 3.2. Definitely feel is possible to get close to EPA if you wanted to, but would need to drive 60 mph and what fun is that? 😎
BTW I have 19 inch wheels but no aero covers.

Back