? Questions from Launch Event on Pure

limtless

1. Did Lucid release the Pure RWD HP? (Same for both)
  2. They said Pure range is 410 miles, AWD or RWD?
  3. What info is now available for the Pure that previously wasn't? Where can I find detailed specs?
I have the initial pricing and I am on the fence and have been. I see no need for AWD if they are the same HP and ~ range based on where I live. Range has always been a top factor and the lack of information on the Pure has been a disappointment.

1. Did Lucid release the Pure RWD HP? (Same for both)
  2. They said Pure range is 410 miles, AWD or RWD?
  3. What info is now available for the Pure that previously wasn't? Where can I find detailed specs?
I have the initial pricing and I am on the fence and have been. I see no need for AWD if they are the same HP and ~ range based on where I live. Range has always been a top factor and the lack of information on the Pure has been a disappointment.
AWD starts this year, RWD sometime next year
AWD range was 410, no range yet for RWD

No matter what the EPA number says, RWD will always be more efficient. This is especially true for PM motors.

Not inherently but one is adding weight and added weight equals lesser efficiency.
It has less to do with weight than the motor itself. PM motors create magnetic drag when they are being driven. This is why model 3 dual-motor uses one PM motor one induction motor. And this is the same reason Polestar and some other manufacturers use clutches to discount PM motors for greater efficiencies. I guess the Lucid motor is so efficient so that they don't bother introducing more complexity but PM motor is a PM motor nonetheless.

Back