Question about payment

andrew61

Verified Owner
Cars
BMW M4, Audi S4, Alfa 73
Lucid sent me a note confirming my payment of $82k this morning. The only problem, i have not made a payment yet!

Lucid sent me a note confirming my payment of $82k this morning. The only problem, i have not made a payment yet!
Are you financing? In that case, the bank may have made the payment.

I had a similar experience when I was finalizing all the paperwork. They sent me a note saying the car was paid in full.

not financing! Pretty amusing :)

I'm used to financing. How do most people pay? They sent me wire info, but that seems slow. I was planning to bring them a cashier's check. Will they accept that and what do other people do?

I'm used to financing. How do most people pay? They sent me wire info, but that seems slow. I was planning to bring them a cashier's check. Will they accept that and what do other people do?
It's not slow. I started at wire transfer this morning at my bank and it showed up in my Lucid account by the time I got home an hour later.

I'm unsure how you control the money without a cashier's check. Are people really wiring the money to Lucid before they get the car? If so, what happens if you do not accept the car? Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm not used to paying for something until I take ownership, but then I usually finance to start. Please let me know the norm here!

Yes - I did wire my amount. The rest was sent a check by financial institution

They do have a way to track the payments as your Lucid ID is written on it. In case you decide not to move forward then they will refund the amount. Plus, they will notify you via an email that they received the payment.

I'm unsure how you control the money without a cashier's check. Are people really wiring the money to Lucid before they get the car? If so, what happens if you do not accept the car? Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm not used to paying for something until I take ownership, but then I usually finance to start. Please let me know the norm here!
I did, I don't think the wire took more than 10-15 minutes.

That's what I did. It was paid for in full before I picked it up. Partly my down payment, part financing. I may not be paranoid enough.

They wire it back.

I brought the cashier’s check to delivery. No problem.
lucid actually started the registration under my name the day before so when I showed up everything was ready to go. No waiting like at the dealership. If I had wanted, I could have literally just driven the new car away after handing them the check.

Last edited:
It's better you give them cashier check, in case you don't like it you can cancel it anytime

It's better you give them cashier check, in case you don't like it you can cancel it anytime
A text conversation with my delivery advisor:

"Will Lucid accept a bank certified check on delivery day?"
"We do not accept checks on delivery day"

This may or may not be true but what could I do? I wound up doing a wire transfer one month ago.

I dont know whether it differs from State to State. But in Lucid Studio Millbrae, CA I paid using cashier check on the delivery day. You can also do ACH transfer if you want to make the payment a day or 2 before delivery.

Adding to this thread to share my experience that Lucid did accept a cashier’s check yesterday at my delivery. They said in advance that I could do a wire beforehand or cashier’s check on-site as the two payment options they accepted.

I'm just off the phone with my rep at Millbrae. He said a cashier's check is fine as long as it has my order number on it. He's sending that to me now.

I pick up my car at 2 :) Its a November 2022 build -- one of the last 2022's.

I'm just off the phone with my rep at Millbrae. He said a cashier's check is fine as long as it has my order number on it. He's sending that to me now.

I pick up my car at 2 :) Its a November 2022 build -- one of the last 2022's.
Why bring a check? I thought you had already “paid”. Did you ask your rep about that?
I paid with an ACH a couple days before delivery. Most convenient way for me. Don’t think Lucid would have a problem refunding if you changed your mind… except maybe the deposit.

I'm suprised anyone would pay early. But each to their own! We all just want to get our car!

I think those of us who bought early were required to wire the money, or mail them a cashiers check, in advance before they would set the delivery date. That was a year and a half ago for me. They have probably changed their requirements since then.

I think those of us who bought early were required to wire the money, or mail them a cashiers check, in advance before they would set the delivery date. That was a year and a half ago for me. They have probably changed their requirements since then.
got it, that makes sense.

Back