Pure Standard Equipment

I thought about it. I just didn't see the I4 meeting the luxury levels of the other cars mentioned here. I had a BMW with Dakota leather and if it came down to it, I would take Sensatec before Dakota. My next BMW had Nappa which I loved. But IMO the I4 does belong in the second group in my post. I think it is not only a competitor to a Tesla Model 3 but I think it blows it out of the water.
I guess everyone's definition of 'luxury' differs. Certainly the i4 has luxury features missing on some other cars, like HUD, one of the nicest info displays I've seen, the quietest interior I've ever been in, total absence of wind noise at any speed, one of the best sound systems with the upgraded HK, fantastic combination of ride & handling, etc. Things like this comprise my list of 'luxury' items which is why I say everyone's list differs. Personally, I don't get too hung up on the leather quality. The most comfortable seats I've sat in were in the textile (heaven forbid), non-leather seats of my 2017 MS.

With that said, of all the cars you mentioned, I find the Lucid has the most luxurious look of any...including my i4. Both the interior & exterior have an understated elegance that, IMO, can't be beat. Sure the EQS can be considered by some to be more luxurious than the Lucid, but to my eyes it's simply too garish and tries too hard to be different. Again, that moving definition of 'luxury' since I'm sure EQS owners would disagree.

yes, there is no Tesla that compares to any Lucid, and yes I have tested the Lucid. However, I am ready for my next car. It will be electric and at the current price, a Tesla may be enough.

yes, there is no Tesla that compares to any Lucid, and yes I have tested the Lucid. However, I am ready for my next car. It will be electric and at the current price, a Tesla may be enough.
Used tesla can be a bargain after they dropped prices on the new one. You will be fine if you don't use auto pilot or fsd.

I just moved up a spot with my reservation.
Glad to be of help! I request moderators to respect negative comments on Lucid as well. Looking at the responses, any negative comment is heavily criticized and taken personally by many moderators and owners. Most of us here invested time and effort to book and wait for the vehicle. I personally influenced couple of friends to buy Lucid and they have it. Time will tell their long term ownership. I criticize Tesla every chance I get for different reasons. But if I say something against Lucid then "Tesla Fanboy" is the branding I get. Forums are to express individual experiences, concerns and opinions.

Glad to be of help! I request moderators to respect negative comments on Lucid as well. Looking at the responses, any negative comment is heavily criticized and taken personally by many moderators and owners. Most of us here invested time and effort to book and wait for the vehicle. I personally influenced couple of friends to buy Lucid and they have it. Time will tell their long term ownership. I criticize Tesla every chance I get for different reasons. But if I say something against Lucid then "Tesla Fanboy" is the branding I get. Forums are to express individual experiences, concerns and opinions.
Please offer an example to support your comments. Honestly, as a moderator I find your post offensive. My time is 100% voluntary, and if you read back my post history I am perfectly happy to criticize Lucid where criticism is due. I am certainly not a fan boy, and I find many things that Lucid has done, especially releasing software before it’s ready, to be problematic. I have been vocal on the issues and especially delaying CarPlay beyond the promise. Hell, the moderator group created the poll of over 40 things that really need improvement. Would fanboys do that, or just say it’s already fantastic and great?

That said, I do really enjoy my vehicle and I’m bullish about the future of the company. I know my co-moderators and I, who speak frequently amongst ourselves, all feel the same way. We like the car and the company, that’s why we bought it in the first place. But we are willing to be honest about the shortcomings.

I am with @Bobby here. I just reread this entire thread and found zero instances where anyone on this forum called or implied that you are a "Tesla Fanboy." I could not find any instances, except your last post, where a moderator criticized your comments. The moderators have always allowed honest negative comments.

And a lot of us did that AND purchased. So that would technically mean you don’t have Lucid experience to speak on, only here say right?

I am with @Bobby here. I just reread this entire thread and found zero instances where anyone on this forum called or implied that you are a "Tesla Fanboy." I could not find any instances, except your last post, where a moderator criticized your comments. The moderators have always allowed honest negative comments.

I think there may be some confusion over criticism of the car and criticism of the moderators. Reasonable criticism of the car is appropriate (IMO) and should be permitted (and I believe it is). But criticism of the moderators, who volunteer their time and effort, should be very, very limited.

I think there may be some confusion over criticism of the car and criticism of the moderators. Reasonable criticism of the car is appropriate (IMO) and should be permitted (and I believe it is). But criticism of the moderators, who volunteer their time and effort, should be very, very limited.
I second that. We all acknowledge shortcomings in Lucid. Some of us are more forgiving of those than others. But the moderators have been fantastic in their donated time and knowledge. Obviously, if they didn’t have a positive outlook for Lucid, they wouldn’t be here. They have every right to express that.
In my humble opinion, we Americans are fast losing our ability to peacefully disagree. What a boring world it would be if we were all on the exact same page.
Be kind, be appreciative, be happy.
Thanks Mods…keep up the good work.

Just received email with specs for Air Pure RWD

Below are the expected specifications for the rear-wheel drive version of Air Pure.¹
  • Projected Range: estimated 406 mi. (projection based on EPA test cycle)
  • 0-60 MPH time: 4.4 sec.
  • Horsepower: 430 hp
  • Torque: 550 Nm (406 lb-ft

So they took the power down a bit (I expected that...430 is probably adequate for me but what I care about is passing at high speeds, not 0-60).. Torque is a bit low for that much HP. But my question remains...what else did they do to decontent the touring, if anything.

So they took the power down a bit (I expected that...430 is probably adequate for me but what I care about is passing at high speeds, not 0-60).. Torque is a bit low for that much HP. But my question remains...what else did they do to decontent the touring, if anything.
I would assume the RWD Pure is the same as the AWD Pure, with the exception of what was stated in that email. So, no soft-close doors, no sun shades, no power frunk (but soft close on that) etc. Talk to any Pure owner here on the forum to get the final details.

I wonder if they removed any battery cells or just software limiting the range 🤔

I would assume the RWD Pure is the same as the AWD Pure, with the exception of what was stated in that email. So, no soft-close doors, no sun shades, no power frunk (but soft close on that) etc. Talk to any Pure owner here on the forum to get the final details.
Why do you assume that? They cut the power from the AWD version to the RWD version. They could have made other changes as well so the RWD could have more reductions.

Why do you assume that? They cut the power from the AWD version to the RWD version. They could have made other changes as well so the RWD could have more reductions.
We’ve talked about this before, but you seem to be under the impression Lucid wants the RWD to suck for some reason. If that’s what you need to do to keep yourself from committing to your reservation, that’s cool. I’ve tied myself in knots before trying to talk myself out of buying things.

But the fact of the matter is, all of your gloom predictions about this car have thus far turned out to be false. Same range as the AWD. Only slightly reduced HP. It’s a Pure with a single motor. It’s that simple.

Any other changes they make would likely complicate production more than it’s worth. But we’ll see.

We’ve talked about this before, but you seem to be under the impression Lucid wants the RWD to suck for some reason. If that’s what you need to do to keep yourself from committing to your reservation, that’s cool. I’ve tied myself in knots before trying to talk myself out of buying things.

But the fact of the matter is, all of your gloom predictions about this car have thus far turned out to be false. Same range as the AWD. Only slightly reduced HP. It’s a Pure with a single motor. It’s that simple.

Any other changes they make would likely complicate production more than it’s worth. But we’ll see.
No. I am not under that impression. But Lucid clearly wanted the RWD version to be less powerful than the AWD version although it could have made them the same. So it COULD be making other changes as well. It is the failure of communications that is driving me nuts.

I want Lucid to succeed. But I don't think it is asking too much to ask a car company to tell me what they are including in a car they are selling. Personally, I don't care that they removed self closing doors (I had that on my prior BMW and consider it a "nice to have". I also don't care that the frunk is not powered. Living in Arizona the sun shades are more of an issue but if that is the only other change, I can live without them. So telling me that "X" and "Y" have been removed from the RWD version won't necessarily cause me to cancel. Normally I would be able to tell by going to a design studio and looking at the model but there are no RWD models in the design studios. I understand why but that makes communication even more important.

That's exactly my thought. Lucid is not in a position where making production more complicated than necessary makes any sense.

No. I am not under that impression. But Lucid clearly wanted the RWD version to be less powerful than the AWD version although it could have made them the same. So it COULD be making other changes as well. It is the failure of communications that is driving me nuts.

I want Lucid to succeed. But I don't think it is asking too much to ask a car company to tell me what they are including in a car they are selling. Personally, I don't care that they removed self closing doors (I had that on my prior BMW and consider it a "nice to have". I also don't care that the frunk is not powered. Living in Arizona the sun shades are more of an issue but if that is the only other change, I can live without them. So telling me that "X" and "Y" have been removed from the RWD version won't necessarily cause me to cancel. Normally I would be able to tell by going to a design studio and looking at the model but there are no RWD models in the design studios. I understand why but that makes communication even more important.
But that's invariably true with any EV manufacturer that makes both AWD and RWD versions. It's not like the 'intent' is to make the RWD less powerful, but the simple process of removing one of the two motors will make it less powerful. The only away around that is to develop a new single motor that compensates for the loss of power from removing one motor and I haven't seen an EV manufacturer do that yet.

The real question for any buyer is whether the RWD power is enough. For me it's more than enough.

I will be test-driving a Tesla Model Y long-range this Friday. I have a Pure RWD on order but with the lack of information on range and timeline and considering the drop in price on the Model Y, I have to consider getting a Tesla.
Tesla Model Y has to be the least attractive EV on the road. Doesn't compare to the Lucid Air models, especially the Pure with the metal roof, which I find the best looking of the Air models.

On the other hand the Tesla Model S is a great looking car.

All IMHO 😁

Tesla Model Y has to be the least attractive EV on the road. Doesn't compare to the Lucid Air models, especially the Pure with the metal roof, which I find the best looking of the Air models.

On the other hand the Tesla Model S is a great looking car.

All IMHO 😁
I agree with you on all counts. My first EV was a Model S and to this day I think it's amazing how well the exterior design has stood up given that it's over 12 years old. I find all the other Teslas to be meh, with the possible exception of a white M3. For some reason I find all the other M3 colors to be unappealing.

Reactions: DBV
For that money, I would expect more luxury. Made the mistake of buying 2 teslas, model 3 and model s.

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
Back