Pure owner review

Best to let that one just rest where it sits…Bruno Notte
..."Bruno" Notte?

Ah yes, I forgot. "Bruno Notte", Italian translation: "I don't know how to say goodnight in Italian".

It's buona notte, in case you hadn't figured it out yet.

Thank you for the laugh though, you'll now forever be "Bruno" in my mind ❤️. Good night, Bruno 🙂

I want a verified owner tag too! how do I get that?

First time charging to almost 100%. Shows 434 miles!

Had a 155mi trip today mostly freeway averaging maybe 75mph. I used highway assist majority of the time, which is my first time using it. 20mi of steep hills total. 2.7mi/kwh first half and 3.5mi/kwh on the way back for an average of 3.1mi/kwh. Road was slightly wet on the first half and 450ft elevation gain.

Highway Assist:
The car centers itself on the center of two visible lanes though it's slightly closer to the right lane. Often times I got nervous passing by trucks so I would occasionally override and steer a bit closer to the left line. There was a truck whose cargo which looked like fine sawdust sprinkled a little bit on my windshield then moments later, to my surprise, my HA deactivated saying that the front cameras on the windshield are blocked. My visuals didn't really get affected. I turned on the wiper once but that didn't fix it. After I parked I checked the area but didn't notice any significant dirt or dust that would impair the camera, but it was fine since then.

Adaptive Cruise Control:
Worked great! I will be using this feature more frequently because one aspect of EV driving that I continue to struggle with is my +/- speed on the freeway where I tend to overspeed or slow too much from my intended speed. It's easy to turn it on or off with a push of a button or slight tap on the break pedal. I set the speed limit and the car will automatically adjust the speed depending on the car in front but will never go faster than the set speed. There was a sudden slowdown today from 80 to 10 mph but the car smoothly handled the deceleration and breaking then sped back up accordingly without me having to press anything. It was interesting to see the car at 10mph with a speed limit set at 82mph. It's a great feature because if we over or under brake then that could cause some potential collision. I feel very safe with the ACC.

With either HA or ACC I can also adjust the distance between me and the car in front (up to 4 different levels) using a button just beside to right of the HA button. I estimate the highest level to be maybe 7 cars length of distance then 4 cars length at the lowest level.

One issue though is the system doesn't immediately detect cars trying to switch to my lane even though the said car has already partially crossed the line. I think the Air starts to detect the merging car only about halfway through. I had a few cases today where ACC is speeding to catch up to the car in front but did not slow down on a switching car that's only partially across my lane (about 1/4th to 1/3rd). Still important to pay attention to the road for these cases.

Overall, I recommend using ACC on highways and freeways. My experience with HA is very limited and to be honest while it seems overall reliable it made driving boring and made me sleepy.
Wait a second.. 434 miles?

We’re not talking about “just range,” though, because that would be an apples to oranges comparison. At the same power and speeds, the Lucid gets more range than any other EV on the market. The InsideEV range test proved that.

If you want to drive with your foot on the ground, all that extra power is going to come at the cost of range, but you’re accessing more power than you otherwise would in another EV that can’t produce as much power. And, frankly, accessing more power than you need; but hey, I like to drive fast too. I just don’t expect my car to go as far as it would if I do.

Here’s what I don’t get: all of this is true for ICE vehicles too. When you floor your gas cars, they are far less efficient and get much less range on a tank. The speed impacting range exponentially is not new; this is true for ICE cars too. That is not a novelty unique to EVs.

Drive fast and with frequent accelerations, lose range. Drive slower and more consistently, gain range. That’s basic physics that applies to every single vehicle regardless of ICE or electric powertrain.
I agree with one caveat. There is a point, at least with ICE cars, where the car starts to lose efficiency if you drive too slowly. That is why ICE cars usually have higher highway ratings (because, of course, the rating is based on the imaginary speed limit). But speed, acceleration, weather, tire size, elevation changes, driving style and mode, etc. all impact on range. Out here, where everyone is going >75 mph on the highway, the range is definitely negatively impacted.

I’m kind of feeling Alexa today. Unprovoked, on my afternoon drive she told me “may the force be with you”! Alexa works on many levels. You will know when your time comes, young Jedi.
The question is whether Alexa-Wan Kenobi helped you blow up the Death Star.

No I don't ---sorry

I'm waiting six months longer than "promised" for a Touring that is still no where in sight.

Sorry if if my comments don't fit precisely in your silos..
I'm waiting six months longer than "promised" for a Touring that is still no where in sight.
I felt this to my core!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

slightly closer to the right lane
This is how it feels to me as well, but I've been disagreed with. Looking out my side mirrors, I notice a bit more to the right than left.
Not that surprising. My GT often shows ~523 miles on a full charge as opposed to 516. Keep in mind, the battery will recalc as you drive.
Mine shows 509 on a full charge lol

This is how it feels to me as well, but I've been disagreed with. Looking out my side mirrors, I notice a bit more to the right than left.

Mine shows 509 on a full charge lol
Funny, my DD pro on my AirGT deviates to the left side of the lane.

I saw 2.9 miles per kWh but what was your actual range in your drive tests on Napa?

Funny, my DD pro on my AirGT deviates to the left side of the lane.
I think I'd prefer this if I Was in the fast lane or HOV lane.
However when I'm in the slow lane or right lane, I like being to the right haha.
Wish I can adjust this on the fly with a button or something on the pilot panel

I think I'd prefer this if I Was in the fast lane or HOV lane.
However when I'm in the slow lane or right lane, I like being to the right haha.
Wish I can adjust this on the fly with a button or something on the pilot panel
What’s interesting is sometimes it feels to me like the car is too close to the line but when I look in the mirrors it actually looks more centered than it feels.

I saw 2.9 miles per kWh but what was your actual range in your drive tests on Napa?
Not sure I understand. From home to Napa I got 2.9 one way and iirc 3.4 or 3.5 on the way back so averaged 3.2 for round trip

Thanks for a helpful review and the pics. Glad to hear that fit and finish (except for trunk alignment) are spot on. I’m awaiting my VIN and looking forward to delivery. Thanks again.

Ah yes, the highly specific and super restrictive silo known as "productive, constructive discussion by mature adults".

Unreasonable expectations are definitely the worst when it comes to online forums, I totally sympathize with you.
Just really...weird....

I had a joke on another thread that the OP didnt understand and deemed irrelevant, so my post was deleted rather quickly. Now there's a bunch of even worse posts here and still ongoing :\

Back