Pure owner review

New ad tagline "we're not as bad as everyone else!"
That’s a disingenuous way of framing it. You could say that about anything at all, and it’s just a cynical way of saying it.

Mercedes “isn’t as bad” as Honda at building luxury vehicles. That doesn’t mean Mercedes isn’t significantly better.

That’s a disingenuous way of framing it. You could say that about anything at all, and it’s just a cynical way of saying it.

Mercedes “isn’t as bad” as Honda at building luxury vehicles. That doesn’t mean Mercedes isn’t significantly better.
Borski---lighten up---we get it: you ride for the brand

Tolerate a little levity...

^ this, but we’re definitely talking about just range rather range trade offs with power. I do like the Lucid’s power and getting > 300 miles on a charge.
We’re not talking about “just range,” though, because that would be an apples to oranges comparison. At the same power and speeds, the Lucid gets more range than any other EV on the market. The InsideEV range test proved that.

If you want to drive with your foot on the ground, all that extra power is going to come at the cost of range, but you’re accessing more power than you otherwise would in another EV that can’t produce as much power. And, frankly, accessing more power than you need; but hey, I like to drive fast too. I just don’t expect my car to go as far as it would if I do.

Here’s what I don’t get: all of this is true for ICE vehicles too. When you floor your gas cars, they are far less efficient and get much less range on a tank. The speed impacting range exponentially is not new; this is true for ICE cars too. That is not a novelty unique to EVs.

Drive fast and with frequent accelerations, lose range. Drive slower and more consistently, gain range. That’s basic physics that applies to every single vehicle regardless of ICE or electric powertrain.

Nah, when Lucid messes up I call them out on that too. See any of my original posts about the early software which was hot garbage.

But people are constantly arguing about “not getting the range they were promised” which has nothing to do with Lucid, and everything to do with:
1) physics
2) the way the EPA rates EV ranges.

And I love funny jokes. :)

Odd finding you here...shouldn't you be in a different thread arguing semantics about how "we can't know for sure because we don't have the data, only Lucid does, but still it probably happens more often than not"?

Don't take my post seriously though, lighten up and enjoy some levity :)

Odd finding you here...shouldn't you be in a different thread arguing semantics about how "we can't know for sure because we don't have the data, only Lucid does, but still it probably happens more often than not"?

Don't take my post seriously though, lighten up and enjoy some levity :)
Far from "semantics"....also a mis-quote. But flattered you remember

Nah, when Lucid messes up I call them out on that too. See any of my original posts about the early software which was hot garbage.

But people are constantly arguing about “not getting the range they were promised” which has nothing to do with Lucid, and everything to do with:
1) physics
2) the way the EPA rates EV ranges.

And I love funny jokes. :)
I doubt Peter would agree that Lucid "has nothing to do" with physics

Talking to Alexa for navigation suuuuuuuuckkkkk soooo bad holy sheeeeeet. I tried different accents too including robot voice maybe it could understand the place better but noooooopeI. It struggles with names and even if I do a more generic restaurant search it would miss a lot of them.
I’m kind of feeling Alexa today. Unprovoked, on my afternoon drive she told me “may the force be with you”! Alexa works on many levels. You will know when your time comes, young Jedi.

I doubt Peter would agree that Lucid "has nothing to do" with physics
Oh, you’re right, I forgot he’s a wizard who can break the laws of physics rather than use them to his advantage. My bad. :)

@digiboxer i own pure and this thread is where we are discussing the review by owners. Do you own a Pure? If so I would like to hear your experience and compare note.

I currently getting 3.3mi/kwh, but I've also idled in my car a lot and have been quite liberal on my accelerator pedal at times + I've done launch mode several times with friends in car
Not bad at all.

@digiboxer i own pure and this thread is where we are discussing the review by owners. Do you own a Pure? If so I would like to hear your experience and compare note.
No I don't ---sorry

I'm waiting six months longer than "promised" for a Touring that is still no where in sight.

Sorry if if my comments don't fit precisely in your silos..

No I don't ---sorry

I'm waiting six months longer than "promised" for a Touring that is still no where in sight.

Ah yes, the highly specific and super restrictive silo known as "productive, constructive discussion by mature adults".

Unreasonable expectations are definitely the worst when it comes to online forums, I totally sympathize with you.

No I don't ---sorry

There is a different thread you can use. Hope you get your Touring soon to answer most of your questions.

Ah yes, the highly specific and super restrictive silo known as "productive, constructive discussion by mature adults".

Unreasonable expectations are definitely the worst when it comes to online forums, I totally sympathize with you.
Best to let that one just rest where it sits…Bruno Notte

No I don't ---sorry

Not my silos. It is what all of us try to do. Post in the appropriate thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116-203859_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230116-203859_Chrome.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20230116-203952_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230116-203952_Chrome.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 95
^ this, but we’re definitely talking about just range rather range trade offs with power. I do like the Lucid’s power and getting > 300 miles on a charge.
The EQS range is not as sensitive to my driving habits. Maybe that's the HP difference?

No I don't ---sorry

Must you constantly be making little jabs and remarks? It's much easier just to be nice, isn't it?

Back