Pure owner review

I had a joke on another thread that the OP didnt understand and deemed irrelevant, so my post was deleted rather quickly. Now there's a bunch of even worse posts here and still ongoing :\
Fair point, any new posts not related to the Pure and the owner review will be deleted.

I had a joke on another thread that the OP didnt understand and deemed irrelevant, so my post was deleted rather quickly. Now there's a bunch of even worse posts here and still ongoing :\
Hence the red button.

Probably a fair comment. I've seen this happen to a few individuals. There is a bit of experimentation with the Report button going on. I'm guessing because of these issues and I know the mods can't necessarily catch everything 😅. It'll always be a hit or miss (look at Reddit).

I don't find this true for my car if I just drive the way that I want to. I get more range from my wife's AMG EQS. There is an almost 400 HP difference so maybe not a fair comparison.
Does your wife drive the same way? I would love to see you and your wife do a test drive as a caravan. Same route, same time, same elevation changes, same speed, etc. See what SOC difference you get for each after the trip! Then report back here.

Does your wife drive the same way? I would love to see you and your wife do a test drive as a caravan. Same route, same time, same elevation changes, same speed, etc. See what SOC difference you get for each after the trip! Then report back here.
She drives much faster than I do!

A comparison test is a good idea that I will try to arrange.

3) This happened twice already when I did a 3-point U turn. I had to be quick to avoid incoming traffic and not hold off other people. I likely forgot to press brakes when switching from Drive to Reverse and it caused the system to ask me for PIN to continue driving but the menu is not immediately available so I end up panicking trying to reverse or drive and also finding how to go the the PIN screen.
You don't need to press the brakes.... The PIN message comes up if the system doesn't think a key fob is in the car.

By any chance was your key in the cup holder (which causes a problem for key fob detection) ?

You don't need to press the brakes.... The PIN message comes up if the system doesn't think a key fob is in the car.

By any chance was your key in the cup holder (which causes a problem for key fob detection) ?
Yes I usually put the key fob there in the cup holder area. Ahhhh so that was the problem. Thanks for clarifying! Im doing mobile key now hopefully putting the phone there wont cause the same issues

Yes I usually put the key fob there in the cup holder area. Ahhhh so that was the problem. Thanks for clarifying! Im doing mobile key now hopefully putting the phone there wont cause the same issues

Phone as Key will not have the same issue...

Use the report button. That can only weed out the abusers.

Interior:
1) Materials, colors, and seats. I posted my thoughts here. TLDR: different textures gives the interior luxury feel despite being all black and grey; the seats are soft and not prone to leather creases; rear cabin somewhat lacks luxury feel. Overall interior build quality is great and much better than my previous tenant's Model Y and loaner Model S (2019?) and original X. Partner also likes it over her fully loaded leather interior BWM X1. Compared to the other GT interiors, I consider the Alcantara PurLuxe to be just a very slight downgrade only because of the rear cabin.

I mentioned this elsewhere that I'm disappointed that the ambient lighting's color can't be changed. Touring and GT have the nice ceiling light strips. I understand that customers should get more for the increased prices, but no need to significantly downgrade and cheap out on inexpensive colored LED lighting. They have to be careful what they downgrade because it becomes questionable if the Pure are missing out on features that are available on much cheaper cars.

2) Buttons and interface. The volume adjuster in the middle is my favorite! Makes volume adjusting very easy especially since different tracks I enjoy more or less at various volume levels. I have not used the manual buttons for temperature and fan speed. Turn signals and drive modes (Park, Reverse, Drive...) and buttons on the steering wheel seem properly placed. The headlight and wiper controls are located on the left side of the dashboard touch screen. I like the push button on the left side for single windshield wipe.

3) Software and navigation. I. Effin. Dislike. Alexa! My old Pioneer headunit with Android Auto works better! Alexa is horrible at finding locations. I'd occasionally get very annoyed and yell at it! Other than that I haven't really had issues with the software. Charging has been fine and any issues on that regard has been on Electrify America's end. For music I use Tidal though searching for music has been a struggle.

AC (not fully tested) and Heating:
1) Heating and fan is not the best. I can confirm the common complaints that it is overall weak. It takes a while to heat the car.
2) Seat heating is fantastic! Level 1 heat (up to 3) provides sufficient heating. I have not really tried level 3 as I'll likely end up with a roast pork butt.
3) Steering wheel heating gets hot! Can't adjust so have to turn it off after a few minutes. Also a warm steering wheel somehow makes me sleepy.

Sound system and road noise:
My favorite part is not being able to identify where the sounds are coming from. I have a near $3k speaker system and a much more expensive headphones set-up at home. Being a basshead I currently have Bass at +4. I enjoy listening to music while charging or while just parked somewhere. Lucid sound system overall sounds clean and detailed, just missing a bit of that bass depth that a bigger subwoofer would provide. The quietness inside the car helps too since road noise can easily drown out the small details from music in poorly insulated cars. The Pure blocks out a lot of outside noise. When driving at high speeds though, I can hear some wind noise on the left side. Seems to be coming from the side mirror area.
Contact the service center regarding your fan. Mine had to be recalibrated and now works better than ever. I assumed it would correct itself with the over the air updates but I had to have a technician come to my house to manually correct this issue. I’ve been a Lucid GT owner since August 2022.

Ah crap I totally forgot about battery preconditioning before fast charging. I've only been going to the 150kw chargers after I've driven probably at least 30 mins. I can't find where I read it but for some reason I was thinking as long as I've driven the car for a bit then that counts as preconditioning?

Ah crap I totally forgot about battery preconditioning before fast charging. I've only been going to the 150kw chargers after I've driven probably at least 30 mins. I can't find where I read it but for some reason I was thinking as long as I've driven the car for a bit then that counts as preconditioning?
I never use the preconditioning. This was recent at a 150:
2D8A1AC8-2060-40AB-B181-D693E58C6F83.jpeg

The need for preconditioning depends a lot on external temperature and how much power you are drawing, 30 minutes should be pretty good for getting the temp up for faster charging, but not if you're leisurely going 35 around town. I believe it can take 30-45 minutes on most Teslas once you set a supercharger as a destination. I'm not sure how Lucid is doing it so it could take longer or shorter.
Getting the battery temp up should also help with range if you're planning a long trip so it sometimes makes sense to do it before leaving while connected to shore power.

I'm getting 2-3mi a day idling loss on my Pure. Watching it while I'm stuck here in San Diego for work but it's fine, loving the Mexican food here. A burrito a day keeps the doctor away

Oh and this Sunday my previous tenant wants to try the Pure. I've never driven a Tesla so I will try her Y Long Range in exchange. Costing almost twice, I hope my Pure handily beats it 😓

Last edited:
I'm getting 2-3mi a day idling loss on my Pure. Watching it while I'm stuck here in San Diego for work but it's fine, loving the Mexican food here. A burrito a day keeps the doctor away

Oh and this Sunday my previous tenant wants to try the Pure. I've never driven a Tesla so I will try her Y Long Range in exchange. Costing almost twice, I hope my Pure handily beats it 😓
You probably should. A reviewer did a comparison test between a Genesis GV60 Performance and a Tesla Y long Range with the Performance upgrade. The Genesis has about the same HP as the AWD Pure. The Genesis edged out the Tesla.

As a deviating side note, because no one has said it yet, I very much appreciate your avatar as a self proclaimed Godzilla fan. Thank you for all of the Pure reporting back in the forum and also thank you for the wonderful avatar.

No I do not. Is that something I can do somewhere for cheap?
My 2nd rep said you can't go backwards if you got in before the June price increase. I have a Pure reservation and she said I could go up to a Touring at pre -June price change but if I wanted to go back to a Pure it would be under the new price.

Back