Pure owner review

Starting to get warmer. Interior does get hot. I'm not optimistic when full summer heat starts. I'm starting to read about ceramic coating that absorbs heat and works like tint but doesn't tint? Have to start shopping for sunscreen too. I dont think there's an official Lucid sunscreen

Starting to get warmer. Interior does get hot. I'm not optimistic when full summer heat starts. I'm starting to read about ceramic coating that absorbs heat and works like tint but doesn't tint? Have to start shopping for sunscreen too. I dont think there's an official Lucid sunscreen
do you think the pureluxe material plays a big role in the hot interior feel? or is it mainly because the AC has a hard time cooling the cabin down quickly?

also, any reason why youre going the ceramic coating route instead of tint for the heat issue? never knew about the heat absorbing ceramic coating. thanks!

do you think the pureluxe material plays a big role in the hot interior feel? or is it mainly because the AC has a hard time cooling the cabin down quickly?

also, any reason why youre going the ceramic coating route instead of tint for the heat issue? never knew about the heat absorbing ceramic coating. thanks!
I think it's mostly because of the black and dark grey colors more than the material.

I enjoy seeing things clearly and tint will darken what I see. I also enjoy night driving and tint will make it harder to drive

It's the side windows, get them tinted with ceramic IR, either 3M or XPEL and just do 70. It helps a lot without darkening much.

In terms of power, 480hp is plenty! Even in Smooth mode the car is super responsive when I need to speed up. More than enough when I want a fun 0 to 45+ in roads. I did test drive the GT which I did 0 to 70. The Lucid representative did crazier speeds. Unless you're an absolute adrenaline junkie, Pure's power is enough. I actually feel safer with the Pure. With the quietness and smoothness of the ride, I still find myself easily accidentally overspeeding. Not as much and as often as the GT though!

I agree. For street use I think HP in the mid to high 400s is the sweet spot. 300s seems a tad low to me given how heavy EVs are and 500s or 500s+ seems excessive. I think mostly all EVs will do fine leaving a stop light and 0-60 is pretty meaningless in my opinion. What I want to know is how will it do when driving 70 and needing to pass on a steep hill going up to 90? Will the HP/torque fade out when I most need it?

Yesterday, as I was crossing an intersection and someone in a lane perpendicular to me ran a red line at full speed. While still in smooth mode, I stepped on the accelerator pedal, and was able to avoid the speeding vehicle completely. If I had been in a slower accelerating vehicle, I would have been T-boned dead on.

I agree. For street use I think HP in the mid to high 400s is the sweet spot. 300s seems a tad low to me given how heavy EVs are and 500s or 500s+ seems excessive. I think mostly all EVs will do fine leaving a stop light and 0-60 is pretty meaningless in my opinion. What I want to know is how will it do when driving 70 and needing to pass on a steep hill going up to 90? Will the HP/torque fade out when I most need it?
When would anyone need to go 90 on a steep hill?

As a Pure owner who lives and commutes in west Los Angeles, a city filled with steep hills, and has to commute through a giant steep hill everyday for work, you'll have more than enough power to accelerate and pass most cars, whereas most other cars would struggle

I've also driven the Malibu mountains in my Pure, and I've never felt more confident and planted driving through the steep windy roads than in a Lucid Air Pure.

When would anyone need to go 90 on a steep hill?

As a Pure owner who lives and commutes in west Los Angeles, a city filled with steep hills, and has to commute through a giant steep hill everyday for work, you'll have more than enough power to accelerate and pass most cars, whereas most other cars would struggle

I've also driven the Malibu mountains in my Pure, and I've never felt more confident and planted driving through the steep windy roads than in a Lucid Air Pure.
You are driving a 480 HP car. That is the sweet spot I described.

There is a long, country two lane road to the best golf course in greater Phoenix. There is a lot of traffic on this road, a 65 mph speed limit, but lots of slow cars and cars pulling trailers. The state has put in a couple of passing lanes on very steep uphill sections. So when I see a car slowly pulling a trailer up ahead I want to be able To pass and then get back into my lane.

Back