Pure owner review

caused the system to ask me for PIN to continue driving
I've had this happen. It's because it doesn't detect the fob or your phone. Kind of annoying. It should stay until you park and LEAVE the car. But it should recognize you from the moment it recognizes the phone, or fob
~81-83mph average.
This is probably why you didn't get good efficiency, just sayin! Haha
Great review! Love the color! And honestly not having the seats and leather wrinkle is a plus. I notice some on mine

I do not want to recommend this but it's a possibility. In my case I reserved both Pure and Touring so I just canceled the finalized Touring. But I wonder if facing a canceled Touring, would Lucid choose no sale or honoring old price for a Pure?
They were both legally-binding contracts that weren't interdependent...I don't see how your canceling one gives them the right to cancel the other. On the other hand, I think the damages provision says if L defaults they buyer's only remedy is return if the earnest money....so if they want to be jerks.....

They were both legally-binding contracts that weren't interdependent...I don't see how your canceling one gives them the right to cancel the other. On the other hand, I think the damages provision says if L defaults they buyer's only remedy is return if the earnest money....so if they want to be jerks.....
I should have phrased it better. I meant I had legit means to get Pure since I had two separate reservations but in your case you only have Touring so I wondered if you tell them you can't get a Touring but can buy a Pure at old price, would Lucid cancel your order and leave you with nothing or give you a Pure with old price?

Overall impression:
It's addicting being in the car and driving it. It's almost like a second home. I thought I disliked driving, but now I find myself driving to nowhere on my spare time, 0 to whatever speed limit when the road is clear, and even volunteering to drive my partner where in the past I'd avoid and find excuses to not drive. I've been happy and satisfied with my old car. Wouldn't have minded driving it until either of us broke. Despite the cost and huge financial expense, I'm happy I made the choice. Otherwise I would not known nor experienced this new level of enjoyment.

Pure joy!
I can relate to your addiction. I am the same way looking for excuses to drive my Lucid. It's therapeutic!!!

I can relate to your addiction. I am the same way looking for excuses to drive my Lucid. It's therapeutic!!!
Lol, much, much less expensive than physiatrist's visit costing 500 to 900 bucks per hour.
Tons of money saved to Lucid owners.

Thanks for the detailed review. Its good to hear more about the Pure.
This was also the first I heard about the poor heating with the HVAC, would you be averse to drive it to Tahoe or snow with this?

Thanks for the detailed review. Its good to hear more about the Pure.
This was also the first I heard about the poor heating with the HVAC, would you be averse to drive it to Tahoe or snow with this?
I can wear layers to keep myself warmer and the seat plus steering heating is great. Making it to Tahoe is the bigger concern because I was driving on mostly flat at 50F and got 3.3mi/kwh with no climate control on. Idk how much worse it's going to be uphill at 25F. It is 120mi from home to Tahoe or 60mi from the last EA charger before the climb. I would have to see how others have fared but currently I'm not confident going there. I'm going to have to charge for sure before the climb and make sure there's other non EA chargers I can use in the area.

I can wear layers to keep myself warmer and the seat plus steering heating is great. Making it to Tahoe is the bigger concern because I was driving on mostly flat at 50F and got 3.3mi/kwh with no climate control on. Idk how much worse it's going to be uphill at 25F. It is 120mi from home to Tahoe or 60mi from the last EA charger before the climb. I would have to see how others have fared but currently I'm not confident going there. I'm going to have to charge for sure before the climb and make sure there's other non EA chargers I can use in the area.

Talking to Alexa for navigation suuuuuuuuckkkkk soooo bad holy sheeeeeet. I tried different accents too including robot voice maybe it could understand the place better but noooooopeI. It struggles with names and even if I do a more generic restaurant search it would miss a lot of them.

Talking to Alexa for navigation suuuuuuuuckkkkk soooo bad holy sheeeeeet. I tried different accents too including robot voice maybe it could understand the place better but noooooopeI. It struggles with names and even if I do a more generic restaurant search it would miss a lot of them.
Divorce Alexa.

Exterior:
I opted against professional ceramic coating and PPF since getting the car has already stretched my finances. However, I did my own DIY ceramic spray coating with good results.

3) Frunk and trunk. Minus the current issues I'm dealing with, there's plenty of space on both. I purchased the EZspare tire and it fits perfectly in the frunk along with various tools. I like the wide open mouth of the trunk. Automatic soft close on trunk but manual soft close on the frunk. No big deal on the frunk being soft close.

4) Doors. There is no soft close mechanism. I know some people are as upset about it as I am about the LED lighting. I do have to slam the doors quite a bit to properly close them but it's a satisfying slam as it feels and sounds like soft padded rubber rather than a hard slam noise. I've had to reopen and close it often on my first week but I know how much force to use now.
Thank you AGAIN @noobzilla !

I am happy to learn that the Frunk has soft-close, and that the trunk is automatic close on the Pure. If I understand correctly, this means that you push the frunk lid down until it latches, and then the motors take over and close it all the way. Likewise, if I am understanding correctly, you push a button and the trunk closes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Like you, I have no use for Alexa. My sister has an Echo in her house and it is frustrating to use. A neighbor gave me an Echo Dot, and I refuse to plug it in. I understand the reason for having voice activated features in a car, but the Alexa interface has too many quirks for it to be reliable.

I find it a poor reflection on the company that I have to look to a forum member to learn details about the car that I have placed a deposit on. Lucid's marketing department SHOULD be paying you. You are answering questions, and providing detail that they are not.

Thank you AGAIN @noobzilla !

I am happy to learn that the Frunk has soft-close, and that the trunk is automatic close on the Pure. If I understand correctly, this means that you push the frunk lid down until it latches, and then the motors take over and close it all the way. Likewise, if I am understanding correctly, you push a button and the trunk closes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I find it a poor reflection on the company that I have to look to a forum member to learn details about the car that I have placed a deposit on. Lucid's marketing department SHOULD be paying you. You are answering questions, and providing detail that they are not.
You're welcome! Yes that is correct. To be more specific you would do the initial close so the frunk hood would be down (you can push it up again to fully open as it is not locked yet), then do another soft push downwards for the locking mechanism to activate.

I'm ok running cold but my wife and particularly the young kids are not...

The range in mi/kWh is something I received a lot of push back from others when advertising, but I think it needs to be very forefront expectation wise that the advertised range is just marketing BS and absolutely no one should buy into it as a real world expectation. The 2.9 number you have is what I’ve been averaging over the life time of my AGT (although AI have 21” wheels) and I’m firmly convinced that 2.8-3.3 is the expectation depending on weather and speed.

It’s my single major gripe with Lucid as it borderline feels like false advertisement.. although they aren’t the only ones who do it.

Other than that, I’m really happy you’re enjoying the Pure and it’s good to hear positive feedback on it!

The range in mi/kWh is something I received a lot of push back from others when advertising, but I think it needs to be very forefront expectation wise that the advertised range is just marketing BS and absolutely no one should buy into it as a real world expectation. The 2.9 number you have is what I’ve been averaging over the life time of my AGT (although AI have 21” wheels) and I’m firmly convinced that 2.8-3.3 is the expectation depending on weather and speed.

It’s my single major gripe with Lucid as it borderline feels like false advertisement.. although they aren’t the only ones who do it.

Other than that, I’m really happy you’re enjoying the Pure and it’s good to hear positive feedback on it!
You make a great point regarding range. No one drives from 100 to 0 SOC, over flat roads, doing just the speed limit. So many factors will impact the mile efficiency range you cite. In my case, when temp are in the 50s and I drive the speed limits, I get 3.3 to 3.6. Most I have ever gotten is 4.1 but that included elevations of 0 to 800 feet during 70 degrees temp. When temp is below freezing, I get in the mid to upper 2's. After driving 7,500 miles, including a 4,000 mile round trip over the Rockies (11,700 ft max, elevation) in sub freezing temps, my average since I bought the car is 3.0. I expect it will go up when spring and then summer comes.

I disagree with you, and the only reason WHY is because @GEWC is hitting close to EPA.
I would agree if it was blanket across the board, but because even someone is hitting that high, it means it's possible and it's just our driving habits that need to be adjusted

I disagree with you, and the only reason WHY is because @GEWC is hitting close to EPA.
I would agree if it was blanket across the board, but because even someone is hitting that high, it means it's possible and it's just our driving habits that need to be adjusted
This is such a poor blanket excuse to defend a broken advertisement, it’s not even funny. My driving habits are far better than they need to be and I imagine the average across the forums is a good indicator of a real world average. The exception is not the norm nor should be set as the expectation.

There’s known foul play in this realm and I can happily note that Lucid performs the exact same as other EVs with the same drag coefficient and battery size (580 EQS), not better and not worse. The numbers are out there, but fandom and enthusiasm clouds logic with individuals. There will always be individuals hitting above the norm due to many factors, but again.. not the norm.

This subject has been covered over and over again on this forum. While I definitely think that the EPA needs to reevaluate how to testing is done to reflect more real world performance, I wouldn't go so far as to advertise Lucid of some sort of fraud..

Back