Production Sequencing

My GT (Grey, Santa Cruz, 19" wheels, confirmed on 11/30) was pushed until the first half of April, hoping to see a VIN broadcast about 4/11 for a possible May delivery date with caveats that the date is still at risk (I understand that, knowing that there are supply chain issues). Those who have a similar car configuration can extrapolate from that information FWIW.

Good to hear that a Santa Cruz is slotted for production. As I confirmed my order a month or so after you, I guess I‘m looking potentially at May production at best.

It will be very interesting to hear what my DA says next week as he promised to update me then. Will there be additional detail along the lines of what you have gotten or will he just regurgitate the ”word salad”?

I am a bit surprised they don’t have paint though.
I don’t know they don’t have paint. I am inferring there might be an issue there since we have not seen one yet with a VIN assigned.

I don’t know they don’t have paint. I am inferring there might be an issue there since we have not seen one yet with a VIN assigned.

Just spitballing but three possibilities come to mind. And they’re not mutually exclusive.

1. They‘re striving for quick cash and just running a set of cars with a single color is better than taking the time to switch over the paint shop.
2. They’re not confident yet in their ability to make grey or silver cars in quantity. These have all been one-offs so far and don’t think they can afford the time to switch and adjust paint color quite yet.
3. They’ve stockpiled plenty of black, white, and red parts from producing Dreams and are just getting to silver/grey production now. It’s more convenient/profitable to run with the stockpiled parts for now.

I have a hunch that #3 is most likely, as that’s why they churn out white, black, and red cars right now.

Ok all. I finally have some information which might be informative. I have always said - just to shed a little light on the situation makes for a much more satisfied customer. I had sent an email to Doreen Allen earlier this week. She thanked me for my detailed message within 24 hours and said that she would get back to me with details. While it wasn't as quick as she promised, she gave a detailed update today. This is all I have been asking for.

The sales team and production team finally did a reconciliation of where various vehicles are in the production process and those awaiting production (that should have been happening all along, but maybe it took her to finally get involved. I hope the DAs now have access to that information). My GT (Grey, Santa Cruz, 19" wheels, confirmed on 11/30) was pushed until the first half of April, hoping to see a VIN broadcast about 4/11 for a possible May delivery date with caveats that the date is still at risk (I understand that, knowing that there are supply chain issues). Those who have a similar car configuration can extrapolate from that information FWIW.

Some quotes from the letter about causes:
"As you are aware from our earnings call, not all Dream Edition vehicles were delivered in Q4 of 2021 due to a variety of supply chain quality issues, logistics issues, and product availability. This pushed back many of the activities that should have shifted to the Grand Touring orders at the start of 2022. The supply chain issues are not contained to just Dream Edition vehicles. It is a part of a large global supply chain issue for most manufacturers that is going to continue well into 2022. This also resulted in Lucid adjusting its projected vehicle volumes for 2022."
"We have seen many improvements over the past several weeks. But because we are calculating build plans that are dependent on approximately 250 global suppliers providing thousands of parts and subassemblies, our predictions are at risk until such time that the situation improves.
"

So it appears that the cars getting through are the ones that are not having supply chain issues. It sounds like they have scheduled the order due to what parts they have just to complete the cars. Exactly what "parts" are missing is unknown. Surmise to say, since we are seeing red, black and white cars with Tahoe and Mojave interiors, it is likely the Santa Cruz interior (whether carpets or something in that palette) and the paint colors which were not available on the Dream edition (perhaps grey and silver paint is on the boat off of Los Angeles).

She promised to keep me updated, again which is all I have been asking for. Hopefully everyone's DA can now provide better guidance!
This jibes with what my DA inferred when I spoke with him again today. It certainly seems like they finally realized that Sales and Production need to be on the same page so that we (the customers) get more accurate information. We have another call planned for Tuesday, when he said he should have more information for me.

This jibes with what my DA inferred when I spoke with him again today. It certainly seems like they finally realized that Sales and Production need to be on the same page so that we (the customers) get more accurate information. We have another call planned for Tuesday, when he said he should have more information for me.
I’m surprised that those groups were not talking before. Hoping that the info flows more freely now.

I’m surprised that those groups were not talking before. Hoping that the info flows more freely now.
I'm sure management was talking to each other, but they didn't percolate the info down to their mouthpieces (the DAs). Definitely not the best business plan, as stated multiple times already.

Just spitballing but three possibilities come to mind. And they’re not mutually exclusive.

1. They‘re striving for quick cash and just running a set of cars with a single color is better than taking the time to switch over the paint shop.
2. They’re not confident yet in their ability to make grey or silver cars in quantity. These have all been one-offs so far and don’t think they can afford the time to switch and adjust paint color quite yet.
3. They’ve stockpiled plenty of black, white, and red parts from producing Dreams and are just getting to silver/grey production now. It’s more convenient/profitable to run with the stockpiled parts for now.

I have a hunch that #3 is most likely, as that’s why they churn out white, black, and red cars right now.
Agreed, #3 makes the most sense because that is exactly how you would try and catch up in production by combining that thought with point #1.

Now if they would just come out and say it..

So, I just realized what I feared is a more likely outcome. It sounds like the Santa Cruz interior bits might have come in or are at least on their way.

That’s awesome for everyone here other than Grey and Silver with Mojave interiors. All those red, black and white cars that haven’t gotten VINs will now get them ahead of the Greg and silvers. Grey and silvers with Santa Cruz are likely to follow , as well as Tahoe. Bringing up the rear will be us grey and silver with Mojave. They will then have some other parts issues that crop up, delaying those at the end of this line even further.

Just a prediction. I am hoping my DA says something contrary, convincingly.

So, I just realized what I feared is a more likely outcome. It sounds like the Santa Cruz interior bits might have come in or are at least on their way.

That’s awesome for everyone here other than Grey and Silver with Mojave interiors. All those red, black and white cars that haven’t gotten VINs will now get them ahead of the Greg and silvers. Grey and silvers with Santa Cruz are likely to follow , as well as Tahoe. Bringing up the rear will be us grey and silver with Mojave. They will then have some other parts issues that crop up, delaying those at the end of this line even further.

Just a prediction. I am hoping my DA says something contrary, convincingly.

Depends upon where the paint shop is at, how many body panels are still stockpiled, and what other shortages remain. In other words, it’s probably unknowable. However, there If @Sandvinsd’s grey Santa Cruz now has a production date for first half of April, shouldn’t yours be thereabouts, too?

Hopefully, going forward, production will be more predictable and Lucid can be more informative about production slots. BMW does a much nicer job of this, though the lack of wire harnesses has now shut them down for a few weeks.

Last edited:
The sales team and production team finally did a reconciliation of where various vehicles are in the production process and those awaiting production (that should have been happening all along, but maybe it took her to finally get involved. I hope the DAs now have access to that information). My GT (Grey, Santa Cruz, 19" wheels, confirmed on 11/30) was pushed until the first half of April, hoping to see a VIN broadcast about 4/11 for a possible May delivery date with caveats that the date is still at risk (I understand that, knowing that there are supply chain issues). Those who have a similar car configuration can extrapolate from that information FWIW.
Very good info. I'm going to call my DA the beginning of this upcoming week and use this to try to get a projected VIN date for my car. I confirmed 2 weeks after you, but with the Tahoe interior. If we're lucky, maybe Lucid has decided to shift to Grey production in April without any constraints on interior color choice.

Surmise to say, since we are seeing red, black and white cars with Tahoe and Mojave interiors, it is likely the Santa Cruz interior (whether carpets or something in that palette) and the paint colors which were not available on the Dream edition (perhaps grey and silver paint is on the boat off of Los Angeles).
I agree, thanks for this information.

(perhaps grey and silver paint is on the boat off of Los Angeles).
What boat?

It’s simple for me. They told me 2-4 months. I am at four months on St.Patrick’s Day so I will be at least a month after that window. All I ask is that they acknowledge they are late and give me a revised timeframe, hopefully with a bit more accuracy since we are already at the end of the previous window.

I might be perturbed that confirmation date means less than color, but that is water under the bridge.

Now, if my DA says, “hopefully soon” next week, I am going to bust an artery. I might even have to stop by HQ when I go through there at the end of my vacation next week.

Ok, how do I contact this Doreen Allen should I feel the need after speaking with my DA next week?

Test drive tomorrow . Looking forward to it.

Ok, how do I contact this Doreen Allen should I feel the need after speaking with my DA next week?

Ask the manager at Torrance for her email if you are dissatisfied.

ICYMI:

I asked about Santa Cruz issues and he said that they had the material for Santa Cruz in house and that there were cars on the production line right now with Santa Cruz.

Ok all. I finally have some information which might be informative. I have always said - just to shed a little light on the situation makes for a much more satisfied customer. I had sent an email to Doreen Allen earlier this week. She thanked me for my detailed message within 24 hours and said that she would get back to me with details. While it wasn't as quick as she promised, she gave a detailed update today. This is all I have been asking for.

I shared this information with my DA today. It was news to him! He said Ms. Allen is his "boss's, boss's, boss." He said he would bring this info up in his next sales team meeting, and he'd see if he could get back to me with a similar level of info about my GT (Quantum Grey, Tahoe interior, confirmed 12/14/2021). Hope springs eternal.

Just realized that you had already asked about this. Was anyone from the board able to help with this?

I give up!

If you are not following the batch tracker thread:

OptionIn Production?
Santa Cruz interior✅
Gray exterior color✅
Silver exterior colorDelayed till June/July (via two source)
20" Aero Lite WheelsDelayed till July (via one source)

Last edited:
If you are not following the batch tracker thread:

OptionIn Production?
Santa Cruz interior✅
Gray exterior color✅
Silver exterior colorDelayed till June/July (via two source)
20" Aero Lite WheelsDelayed till July (via one source)

Since that is the case, I have decided to switch my car from Silver to Red.

Back