Production Sequencing

Again..... Peter is too busy dealing with his "Tech Talk" series than to be focused on getting cars into people's hands. You can argue that it was done weeks or months ago and it's 1 hour of his time etc. but it just bad optics from a company who refuses to communicate properly with its customers. I'm 50/50 on cancelling my order now because I feel the info i'm being fed from my DA is just to string me along.

Join the club. My DA appears to have stopped responding. The latest email I sent him a few days ago is a summarized version of the above. It is a polite email, but has garnered absolutely no response. It was written in such a way though that a vague answer would be seen to be an insult to me so I guess in their mind, it's "no answer if we have to tell the truth".

Again..... Peter is too busy dealing with his "Tech Talk" series than to be focused on getting cars into people's hands. You can argue that it was done weeks or months ago and it's 1 hour of his time etc. but it just bad optics from a company who refuses to communicate properly with its customers. I'm 50/50 on cancelling my order now because I feel the info i'm being fed from my DA is just to string me along.

We're not the audience for that talk (which was brilliant by the way).

In the end, your dollars are your own to spend as you see fit. In my case, I'm pulling my deposit back from Rivian, as their pricing blunder confirmed a strong discrepancy between their public image and their corporate MO. I don't see the same degree of hypocrisy with Lucid.

Join the club. My DA appears to have stopped responding. The latest email I sent him a few days ago is a summarized version of the above. It is a polite email, but has garnered absolutely no response. It was written in such a way though that a vague answer would be seen to be an insult to me so I guess in their mind, it's "no answer if we have to tell the truth".

I wonder if the email is being run up the chain. Must have been a good one!

I can sometimes be a bit passive-aggressive, at least that is what me wife tells me. Heck I might go ahead and copy/paste the original thread into the response to his tech talk on Youtube.;);)

I can sometimes be a bit passive-aggressive, at least that is what me wife tells me. Heck I might go ahead and copy/paste the original thread into the response to his tech talk on Youtube.;);)

I think Southerners and the British are the best in the world at insulting people without them realizing they're being insulted. It's an art.

When I was traveling in the South, I was wondering why people kept saying "Isn't that special?" to me? :)

Anyway, I totally get your frustration. But there's a ridiculously overpowered car waiting for you!

I had to laugh at "Isn't that special". Anyone remember the "Church Lady"? On another note, I finally heard from my DA. He said he was not in the office the past couple days and that he would contact me next week. Stay tuned. He knows in no uncertain terms that I am not real happy currently and I also told him I hoped this test drive on Sunday was not a waste of my valuable vacation time.

I am very interested to see what I think in the test drive compared to the M5. I get those tires spinning all the time, fun. It's not just about power, it's about putting power to the pavement.

I had to laugh at "Isn't that special". Anyone remember the "Church Lady"? On another note, I finally heard from my DA. He said he was not in the office the past couple days and that he would contact me next week. Stay tuned. He knows in no uncertain terms that I am not real happy currently and I also told him I hoped this test drive on Sunday was not a waste of my valuable vacation time.

I am very interested to see what I think in the test drive compared to the M5. I get those tires spinning all the time, fun. It's not just about power, it's about putting power to the pavement.
Does that mean you will turn traction control off during your drive?

Turning off traction control really only lessens the impact unless you know how to turn it all the way off. You can still get a bit of wheel spin before traction control engages even when fully in play.

I will, at times, put it in the intermediate setting.

Turning off traction control really only lessens the impact unless you know how to turn it all the way off. You can still get a bit of wheel spin before traction control engages even when fully in play.

I will, at times, put it in the intermediate setting.
Great! Lucid has 3 settings high/mid/low! See if you can scare the test drive guy!

I also drive a couple old Mustangs and I used to have a Superformance Cobra with a 427, no traction control in any of those and you gotta know how to drive to really get into them. I do manage to scare myself at times, so I doubt I will be turning it off during the test drive to "see what happens". A 1968 Mustang with less than 200hp and no traction control can be a really fun thing to drive and push to its' limits. Problem is things do occasionally break.

I have done the M5 course down in Greenville, SC a couple times, very fun.

This video is actually really great.

The 20" wheel delay could be due to tire availability as well. Michelin has just started rolling out the Pilot Sport EV line in the USA.
I thought wheel choices were either 19 inch for mileage or 21 inch. Am I wrong? Don’t recall seeing a 20 inch option.

This video is actually really great.
I agree and you can see how passionate and knowledgeable he is. My issue isn't with the content of the video it's the optics. When people aren't getting clear answers or any at all then the PR\Marketing team drop this, It just sends the wrong message IMO

I thought wheel choices were either 19 inch for mileage or 21 inch. Am I wrong? Don’t recall seeing a 20 inch option.

DE was available only in 19 or 21. AGT and down is 19, 20, or 21

I agree and you can see how passionate and knowledgeable he is. My issue isn't with the content of the video it's the optics. When people aren't getting clear answers or any at all then the PR\Marketing team drop this, It just sends the wrong message IMO
Well, he's doing his part as CEO as well. There is only so much you can do for production but he also has to keep building the brand.

The timing isn't great for SOME reservation holders, but unless you are in that specific group, where unless you follow this forum and track reservations you don't know, that you are being leapfrogged in ordering, then the delays are just par for the industry as a whole. This forum has 600 registered users...out of 25k reservations. How many people actually fall into the group that got jumped? Even as a percentage of this forum it's low...

On a whole, the optics of it are probably a big net positive for the company itself.

I should clarify that my DA was very nice. It's just when it came to the question about Santa Cruz and Grey vehicles not getting VIN numbers, he quickly jumped to what felt like a Corporate line they are being told to communicate. Essential said he hasn't been made aware of any sort of delay for Santa Cruz or priority to other colors. It was the first time he referred to me as Mr. "My Last Name" instead of calling me by my first name only. I was also given the same line of "hoping to have an update soon" that I've been given for a couple of months now.

I don't blame the DA's at all. They are clearly in a sh*tty position dealing with unhappy reservation holders and being told nothing new, or asked to keep everything vague. It seems fairly simple for Lucid to simply be straight forward with us about the current situation and provide realistic timelines for delivery. I would rather be told my car is going to be delivered in June versus keep telling me that I should have an update soon that never happens.
Agreed. After getting the stock BS response via email I told my DA I understood he had no relevant information regarding my order, but could he please at least let me know when the first grey GT leaves the factory. That would be a useful fact that requires no forecasting on my order however I am Not holding my breath on getting even that presumably non-classified information.

The first you will hear of grey or silver is likely going to be here whenever they issue a VIN for one. When that will be, who knows? It’s a double quadruple maxi security top secret thing and they will not release that data until they see a pink hippo on a pogo stick going up the steps of the Empire State Building and doing a pirouette on the spire.

Ok all. I finally have some information which might be informative. I have always said - just to shed a little light on the situation makes for a much more satisfied customer. I had sent an email to Doreen Allen earlier this week. She thanked me for my detailed message within 24 hours and said that she would get back to me with details. While it wasn't as quick as she promised, she gave a detailed update today. This is all I have been asking for.

The sales team and production team finally did a reconciliation of where various vehicles are in the production process and those awaiting production (that should have been happening all along, but maybe it took her to finally get involved. I hope the DAs now have access to that information). My GT (Grey, Santa Cruz, 19" wheels, confirmed on 11/30) was pushed until the first half of April, hoping to see a VIN broadcast about 4/11 for a possible May delivery date with caveats that the date is still at risk (I understand that, knowing that there are supply chain issues). Those who have a similar car configuration can extrapolate from that information FWIW.

Some quotes from the letter about causes:
"As you are aware from our earnings call, not all Dream Edition vehicles were delivered in Q4 of 2021 due to a variety of supply chain quality issues, logistics issues, and product availability. This pushed back many of the activities that should have shifted to the Grand Touring orders at the start of 2022. The supply chain issues are not contained to just Dream Edition vehicles. It is a part of a large global supply chain issue for most manufacturers that is going to continue well into 2022. This also resulted in Lucid adjusting its projected vehicle volumes for 2022."
"We have seen many improvements over the past several weeks. But because we are calculating build plans that are dependent on approximately 250 global suppliers providing thousands of parts and subassemblies, our predictions are at risk until such time that the situation improves.
"

So it appears that the cars getting through are the ones that are not having supply chain issues. It sounds like they have scheduled the order due to what parts they have just to complete the cars. Exactly what "parts" are missing is unknown. Surmise to say, since we are seeing red, black and white cars with Tahoe and Mojave interiors, it is likely the Santa Cruz interior (whether carpets or something in that palette) and the paint colors which were not available on the Dream edition (perhaps grey and silver paint is on the boat off of Los Angeles).

She promised to keep me updated, again which is all I have been asking for. Hopefully everyone's DA can now provide better guidance!

It will be very interesting to hear what my DA says next week as he promised to update me then. Will there be additional detail along the lines of what you have gotten or will he just regurgitate the ”word salad”? They should be proactively telling their customers that they put in this position all of this. Sounds like May at the absolute earliest for me based on what you have relayed here and that is very much a toss-up. If the test drive doesn’t really impress me, I think I’m done waiting. It has taken too long and it doesn’t sound like they really have a firm grasp on what my reality is. Your configuration is a bit different with the Santa Cruz interior which nobody is getting currently. I have Mojave which people are getting. Is it a paint issue???

I am a bit surprised they don’t have paint though. I really hope the test drive is impressive as I really need a reason to stick around. I think I have moved beyond angry to just defeated.

Last edited:
Back