Production Sequencing

Has anyone received a VIN yet that ordered grey? If not, I am not sure we can say grey is “in production”. How do we even define “in production”? I am not sure I believe that the DAs define it the same as we might. I have yet to get any real information from my DA regarding my car other than “hopefully soon”.

I loved my test drive, but without getting a bit more information, the test drive will be farther and farther in my rear view mirror and will soon become a memory rather than a hope.
I was told I would receive my VIN mid-April, and the car 2-3 weeks later.

OK, so I am not on the "naughty list", yet. I just got a call from my DA letting me know that I should be getting my VIN mid to late April with delivery 2-6 weeks later, but that delivery has been closer to 2-3 weeks with the GT's. Only good news with that timing is that I might miss pollen season here and not have to deal with a yellow car.

OK, so I am not on the "naughty list", yet. I just got a call from my DA letting me know that I should be getting my VIN mid to late April with delivery 2-6 weeks later, but that delivery has been closer to 2-3 weeks with the GT's. Only good news with that timing is that I might miss pollen season here and not have to deal with a yellow car.
Just think how special it would be to own one of the only yellow Lucids in existenc! 😊

Just a word of caution on VIN to delivery. I received my VIN exactly 4 weeks ago and my car is still in factory. I expect it will be at least another 2 weeks before I have it. Red, Mojave, 19"

Just a word of caution on VIN to delivery. I received my VIN exactly 4 weeks ago and my car is still in factory. I expect it will be at least another 2 weeks before I have it. Red, Mojave, 19"

To be fair, your VIN was taken and given to someone else meaning the earlier car (Feb 20) went to someone else and you got a later VIN.

That’s not what my DA said but then again, you might be right.

Can you relay the terminology? I might be wrong, but I thought you mentioned the VIN was "swapped"?

Can you relay the terminology? I might be wrong, but I thought you mentioned the VIN was "swapped"?
That was his exact wording. He said it happens pretty frequently early in manufacturing process (I noted in earlier thread I haven’t noticed that in this forum) and that it probably sped things up for me.

I ordered Santa Cruz interior so won't be expecting my VIN anytime soon in the January batch

I confirmed my order for a GT on November 15, 2021--Quantum Grey with Mojave interior. No word from Lucid since then.

You and I are exactly the same, confirmed Quantum Grey/Mojave mid-November. Have you really not heard from Your DA since mid-November.

Back