Phoenix to San Diego July 4?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
We are Planning to go to San Diego July 4th. Would you take the Lucid GT or Model Y long range? It’s a holiday weekend and San Diego traffic tends to be busy. Which would you choose ?? Coming from Phoenix Az to San Diego.
IMG_7884.jpeg

Do you really think anybody here would recommend the Y?
Well the chargers on holiday weekend is my worrying. And traveling with 3 kiddos and my wife in 100 plus degrees. I am pretty sure Tesla chargers will work just dunno if the electricify america 🇺🇸 will be up and not be too much of a wait

Well the chargers on holiday weekend is my worrying. And traveling with 3 kiddos and my wife in 100 plus degrees. I am pretty sure Tesla chargers will work just dunno if the electricify america 🇺🇸 will be up and not be too much of a wait
Remember also there are many other networks besides EA. Take a look at A Better Route Planner and have some options available to yourself. Lucid is a great long-distance driver.

Well a couple of the EA chargers I tried didn’t really inspire confidence. I am tempted to drive to the half way point Yuma and see how the chargers up to that point are. Sort of do a pregame …

Well, maybe it's the user who failed.

1) you are on a balanced chargers you will never achieve full speed when there are other cars plugged into the same transformer as you

2) your SOC was around 40% or so? Most you could get at that SOC is 175 kw under near perfect conditions so...

Well, maybe it's the user who failed.

1) you are on a balanced chargers you will never achieve full speed when there are other cars plugged into the same transformer as you

2) your SOC was around 40% or so? Most you could get at that SOC is 175 kw under near perfect conditions so...
Yeah this particular charger may just be chalked up with I was sharing with Chevy but really I had no choice only spot open. Just imagine July 4th not sure my data points here were super convincing to me. I still think might have to pre game to Yuma to see how it goes before July

I have driven to and from San Diego in my Lucid, from the SF Bay Area, about half a dozen times. No issues. Lovely drive. Easy charging in CA.

I did this trip in a Taycan and had no issues. There are plenty of EA stations on the route now and I was able to skip some in a Taycan. You have more range in the Lucid so I would not worry. As @Bobby mentioned EA is not the only network, you can use other stations as well if needed.

Back