P variant of Grand Touring with over 1,000hp?

And they haven’t even delivered all of the Dreams yet.
I, personally, would have held every single AGT until every single DE was delivered. Period, Full Stop.

Watching the 2nd trim roll out while the DEs are still not in the hands of those who spent almost two years "dreaming with/for Peter" is insulting. A business decision, to be sure. But business decisions have non-financial consequences, too.

I, personally, would have held every single AGT until every single DE was delivered. Period, Full Stop.

Watching the 2nd trim roll out while the DEs are still not in the hands of those who spent almost two years "dreaming with/for Peter" is insulting. A business decision, to be sure. But business decisions have non-financial consequences, too.
I highly doubt they intended this to happen but it’s a business and they need to make money. Wall Street would punish them if they held cars back and from a business standpoint they also run the risk of people cancelling so they’re caught between a rock and a hard place.

Cash depletes fast with these new companies they can’t hold back or they go under.

I have a feeling at this point it’s more of a logistics issue than being on Lucid. If the owner isn’t available, they can’t deliver the car. They may also not have enough people to buy one. Every waitlisted user on here has been upgraded.

I have a feeling at this point it’s more of a logistics issue than being on Lucid. If the owner isn’t available, they can’t deliver the car. They may also not have enough people to buy one. Every waitlisted user on here has been upgraded.
So, are you suggesting there are DEs in want of owners? Frankly, at this point, there is very little value for the 30K premium. Just go for the AGT, I suppose.

I'm guessing it's a software upgrade to unlock more HP in a standard GT. I can't imagine they're already ready to announce the trimotor version, but I guess we'll find out in the morning.

If it is a software upgrade, I wonder if current GT reservation holders/owners can upgrade. If not, I bet we'll see some almost new GTs up for sale in the near future.

So, are you suggesting there are DEs in want of owners? Frankly, at this point, there is very little value for the 30K premium. Just go for the AGT, I suppose.
Yes, I think there are more Dreams than people willing to pay 30K more. There are five in the lot right now and have been in the same area they load up cars to trailers for at least a week. Indicates to me they either don’t have anywhere to go (no buyer), or the buyer hasn’t been able to pick up the car so they don’t know where to send it.

Yes, I think there are more Dreams than people willing to pay 30K more. There are five in the lot right now and have been in the same area they load up cars to trailers for at least a week. Indicates to me they either don’t have anywhere to go (no buyer), or the buyer hasn’t been able to pick up the car so they don’t know where to send it.
Hmmm......

Not true. I waitlisted back in November and didn’t receive opportunity to upgrade.

They’re probably going to Saudi Arabia

They’re probably going to Saudi Arabia
I actually thought they would have produced more than the 520 for North America, since they had DE reservations in Europe along with the princes in SA.

I actually thought they would have produced more than the 520 for North America, since they had DE reservations in Europe along with the princes in SA.
Exclusivity at the end of all this might end up only being 1) Paint Color, 2) Rims with issues 3) fancy # on the door sill plate, 4) maybe a difference of 111hp? (we will see tomorrow). That to me is not worth the $30k. Even worse if you didn't get the Eureka Gold, opted for the 19" wheels, and got the Dream R then you have just a fancy # on your door plate with less hp.

Exclusivity at the end of all this might end up only being 1) Paint Color, 2) Rims with issues 3) fancy # on the door sill plate, 4) maybe a difference of 111hp? (we will see tomorrow). That to me is not worth the $30k. Even worse if you didn't get the Eureka Gold, opted for the 19" wheels, and got the Dream R then you have just a fancy # on your door plate with less hp.
Too late now! 🙃

That would actually piss me off if true. It just means that the Dream Edition gets less and less special.
It will probably be less HP and less range. Plus it's not numbered. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The other thing that's unknown is price. If it's 1000 hp and the same or less range but the price is $200k, would that feel better? I don't have a DE, so I'm curious.

giphy.gif

That would actually piss me off if true. It just means that the Dream Edition gets less and less special.
If it really has “over 1,000 hp,” the class action lawsuit by DE owners is inevitable….

Back