P variant of Grand Touring with over 1,000hp?

I am super happy they brought the GT Performance forward.

There was no way I was buying the DE with those white carpets (to quote Sandy Munro, I couldn't live with those).

Now I have to see if they can slap a set of 19s with Pirelli summer tires on the car.

In the past those tires were only for the 20 and 21s. I live in Chicago and the 20s and 21s would be a continuing hassle of flat tires, bulging sidewalls and wheel damage.

I think they protected the DE customers as they got another 61 HP for similar money.

I am thrilled with the trade off to give up those 61 HP to lose a carpet that will look like wet dog after a month in winter and never get any better.

The % of time you are sitting on a battery range you will never use probably is overkill. In my life, I might need that range twice a year is all. That means every other day of the year, it’s overkill.
It’s better to have range and not need it, than need it and not have it. ;)

I’ve been saying this for a while, giving people access to 800 HP is terrifying enough. Now a non limited edition version being over 1000 HP, nobody needs that unless tracking. I’ve always been a supporter of more range, or faster charging, not speed.
From what I’ve seen out on the roads, it’s not usually the expensive high-horsepower cars that are being driven by nut-job street racers. It’s the chopped Civics and Subarus. Porsche 911 Twin Turbos and Nissan GT-Rs always seem to drive relatively slowly….

I wish they would make those wheels available for the other models...I LOVE THEM!

Back