P variant of Grand Touring with over 1,000hp?

There’s another thread on this too. This is likely the 1,400hp tri-motor version.

Edit: thread combined, @mnewber1 is on top of things as always

There will always be a car that eclipses the initial product. Just too soon?

Are the motors the same in the Dream's and GT's? I had a suspicion they were and the HP was just being limited by software, could be wrong though.
I thought it was software and/or the IGBTs but it turns out there’s some physical differences too.

It would be silly to have the tri motor version with 1400 hp called a GT-P wouldn't it? That would be terrible marketing.

My guess is 1,000 HP at the same price point as the DE was or maybe 10K lower.

If it hits 1,100 AND is cheaper than the DE, I'm going to be really annoyed.

yes, I expect the DE to be eclipsed at some point, but not within a couple of months...

I thought it was software and/or the IGBTs but it turns out there’s some physical differences too.
I heard the Dream uses a different battery chemistry, (slightly more kWh), so might be capable of higher peak current as well.

It would be silly to have the tri motor version with 1400 hp called a GT-P wouldn't it? That would be terrible marketing.
Not terrible, but here was my take from earlier:

I’d have gone with an entirely new trim line brand for that big of an upgrade, like “Super Touring.” That way you’d have Pure > Touring > Grand Touring > Super Touring. Otherwise the Performance name doesn’t quite carry the difference in output and price.

Especially if you were number 1

You might’ve misread - @Sandvinsd was agreeing with you - and complaining again that they don’t have their car yet as usual :p
Well, if they deliver you won’t have to hear about it from me. Then I can just moan about software issues like the rest. ;)

Well, if they deliver you won’t have to hear about it from me. Then I can just moan about software issues like the rest. ;)
Well now we have something else to moan and speculate about...

GT “performance edition” sounds like a solution in need of a problem.

GT P-iss off Dream owners?

Hmmm doesn't make sense for them to be producing 3-motors soon. If they did it should go well beyond DE price, but why name it GT-P? Should be it's own tier and not a subcategory of GT.

I'm guessing ~1050hp for at least more than the price of the Dream Edition. Less would be a smack on the face of DE owners. We will find out tomorrow!

So they talk about a 1000Hp and they can't even paint my F****** car silver!

Reactions: FFT
So they talk about a 1000Hp and they can't even paint my F****** car silver!
Maybe the P is for production, in that they are finally going to produce the other colors!

The only things Lucid sold us on the Dream Edition (either version) were 1) initial limited launch number of 500 (then 520) in North America, 2) all of the options available on the next trim level (AGT) included as standard, 3) the Eureka Gold color, and 4) the 21" wheel with Aero Inserts -- that's it.

There was no promise or hint of restricting features on the AGT trim.

If we DE owners had received our vehicles in Spring 2021, as originally promised and fully functional, with the other trims rolling out one year later, I suspect there would be few complaints.

If we DE owners had received our vehicles in Spring 2021, as originally promised and fully functional, with the other trims rolling out one year later, I suspect there would be few complaints.
And they haven’t even delivered all of the Dreams yet.

Back