• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

OTA update 2.1.42

My driver's side handle won't wake the car from sleep, but will unlock if the car is awake. Passenger side handle will always wake car from sleep. Lucid Engineering reached out to me for additional information and thought it may be a software issue.

My car is currently at the Service Center and this is one of the items on the list so I'll report back as to how it was resolved. (There's another thread where this was discussed; I'll post it there once I get more info.)
I have a very similar issue. Only door that will waken the car from deep sleep is rear passenger door. I was told it was software so with each update, I hope and hope.

I have a very similar issue. Only door that will waken the car from deep sleep is rear passenger door. I was told it was software so with each update, I hope and hope.
Have the same issue.

This is absolutely NOT a SW issue... you need to call service.

When you charge to 100%, sure. But what if you get in the car and its at 95%, or 90, and you forget? What is the temperature threshold for regen being limited? There's plenty of unknowns even for experienced drivers.
I agree with you, that would be a great idea. Better to know than not know for sure.

Does anyone who already installed this have pictures of the new screens?
Here's one from @LucidDropkick
20231114_163605.jpg

My driver's side handle won't wake the car from sleep, but will unlock if the car is awake. Passenger side handle will always wake car from sleep. Lucid Engineering reached out to me for additional information and thought it may be a software issue.

My car is currently at the Service Center and this is one of the items on the list so I'll report back as to how it was resolved. (There's another thread where this was discussed; I'll post it there once I get more info.)
Wait, pushing in the handle is supposed to wake the car from sleep? Can someone please explain how it's supposed to work to make sure I'm not crazy? I can walk up to my car, push in the handle, and it stays pushed in, sometimes for 10 seconds until the car eventually wakes up. It might be waking up because it finally noticed my phone key and it's not detecting the pushed in handle, I really don't know.

Wait, pushing in the handle is supposed to wake the car from sleep? Can someone please explain how it's supposed to work to make sure I'm not crazy? I can walk up to my car, push in the handle, and it stays pushed in, sometimes for 10 seconds until the car eventually wakes up. It might be waking up because it finally noticed my phone key and it's not detecting the pushed in handle, I really don't know.
That's exactly what it does until it wakes up.

Pushing the handles alone will not wake the car. Otherwise, anyone could walk up to your car and open it.

Pushing the handles in will work if the car detects either a fob or your mobile phone. Or the keycard. Or the fob with no battery being held up to the correct spot on the B pillar.

Until it detects one of those things, the handles will simply remain pushed in, indicating that the car is now actively searching for authorization.

We will see soon I got 2.1.42 but haven’t used it yet
Don’t waste your time, call service and get on the schedule.
It never worked for me and I didn’t bother. I didn’t know it’s a hardware issue.
I use it literally every day. It’s my preferred method of locking the car with my mobile key.

Call service. This isn’t software.

Have the same issue.
Call service.
This is absolutely NOT a SW issue... you need to call service.
This, lol

Pushing the handles alone will not wake the car. Otherwise, anyone could walk up to your car and open it.

Pushing the handles in will work if the car detects either a fob or your mobile phone. Or the keycard. Or the fob with no battery being held up to the correct spot on the B pillar.

Until it detects one of those things, the handles will simply remain pushed in, indicating that the car is now actively searching for authorization.
Ok, so is there a good test methodology to see if my car is slow to detect my phone key vs the door handle not activating things? If the phone key isn't detecting quickly, the situation would behave the same. Sometimes I'll wait next to the car door for 15 seconds before it finally unlocks, but god forbid I walk in front of the car in the garage, it will immediately wake up. :)

Ok, so is there a good test methodology to see if my car is slow to detect my phone key vs the door handle not activating things? If the phone key isn't detecting quickly, the situation would behave the same. Sometimes I'll wait next to the car door for 15 seconds before it finally unlocks, but god forbid I walk in front of the car in the garage, it will immediately wake up. :)
If you are approaching from the rear of the car, there is a known "dead spot" back there where the antenna doesn't see the fob or mobile key. It varies from car to car, though, because mine does just fine when I walk up from behind most of the time. From the front a few people have reported issues as well. But that always triggers fine for me as well.

Long story short, this is a lot more complicated than it looks.

The longest I ever have to wait is a second or two after I've actually gotten to the door. Most times, the door is already open by the time I reach it. But plenty of people report having to wait much longer.

It's wireless. It's Bluetooth. There's environmental factors. A combination of software and hardware. Interference. Which means it's a very tough nut to crack. And likely it will never be fully resolved for some people due to the hardware. It's just not an ideal design.

One hopes Lucid thought of all this when they designed Gravity. And hopefully any of those learnings will trickle over to the Air in a future hardware iteration.

Meanwhile, for our cars, it may be worth having service look into possible antenna issues? If you are really having that much trouble.

I wonder if there is trick to "force" the car to check for latest available update or just need to wait patiently until pushed to vehicle? From what I observed, I think Lucid is pushing these updates based on time when car was acquired? For the previous 2 updates I had to wait about 1 week until it showed in my car after it was announced. Can you tell that I can't wait to try 2.1.42 already?

I wonder if there is trick to "force" the car to check for latest available update or just need to wait patiently until pushed to vehicle? From what I observed, I think Lucid is pushing these updates based on time when car was acquired? For the previous 2 updates I had to wait about 1 week until it showed in my car after it was announced. Can you tell that I can't wait to try 2.1.42 already?
It's random and they don't have that built in yet. It's only been 1 day so give it some time.

If you are approaching from the rear of the car, there is a known "dead spot" back there where the antenna doesn't see the fob or mobile key. It varies from car to car, though, because mine does just fine when I walk up from behind most of the time. From the front a few people have reported issues as well. But that always triggers fine for me as well.

Long story short, this is a lot more complicated than it looks.

The longest I ever have to wait is a second or two after I've actually gotten to the door. Most times, the door is already open by the time I reach it. But plenty of people report having to wait much longer.

It's wireless. It's Bluetooth. There's environmental factors. A combination of software and hardware. Interference. Which means it's a very tough nut to crack. And likely it will never be fully resolved for some people due to the hardware. It's just not an ideal design.

One hopes Lucid thought of all this when they designed Gravity. And hopefully any of those learnings will trickle over to the Air in a future hardware iteration.

Meanwhile, for our cars, it may be worth having service look into possible antenna issues? If you are really having that much trouble.
Yeah, I'll add it to the list of little things to get looked at. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the normal behavior before putting in a ticket. Thanks for the help!

Actually, I think this would work: turn off passive unlock. Lock the car. Walk away, open the app to unlock the car.

Walk up, and it shouldn’t open, but the car should still be awake. Press the door handle, a little harder than you’d otherwise want to (it does require a bit of force, not a tap). It should depress for half a second or so, then open. If it doesn’t, have service check it out.

Nope. Patience, sadly. After about a week or so of it being out, it’s commonly accepted practice to text customer service and ask them to push it.

But please don’t inundate them in the first week.

(Candidly, having gotten some hearsay about how the OTA system works, tbh I’m surprised anyone gets them within a reasonable timeframe lol; I hope they revamp it at some point, and I’m sure they will)

I wonder if this will fix the SXM not working randomly. I assume that if we have to pay for it now, it will be much more stable.

I wonder if this will fix the SXM not working randomly. I assume that if we have to pay for it now, it will be much more stable.
I transferred my paid-for account to my AGT, and as far as I know, the reception is totally dependent on the connectivity of where you are located.

In my personal experience after much experimentation, regen becomes fully functional around 94% SOC.
That's good, I'm just reiterating what was told by a Lucid employee. Just something to be aware of is all.

Back