OTA update 2.1.42

For those with the update already, I'm really interested to see how the navigation updates work. Are you able to remove a single automatically added charging stop? And will the SOC arrivals refresh automatically after doing so?

Also interested to see if the preconditioning changes have any effect on the charging curve shift I've seen with my car.

There is a built in, 0.5 second initial delay (in hardware) on the right volume control (roller) that SW can not change...
That’s a bummer. But it does feel better in this update. I just have to get used to pushing up once, letting the UI update, and then adjust how I want from there. The subsequent adjustments feel faster now. At least to me. Maybe it’s a placebo effect.

I am really impressed with the frequency and content that these updates are coming out from Lucid and I only owned my car for less than 2 months. This might be obvious but software development is expensive and time consuming. I use the triangle analogy with time, cost, and quality in each corner. It's very hard to accomplish all 3 with high number of new features. We just have to be patient and good times are waiting ahead of us. I am excited and can't wait to try new OTA.

Last edited:
I am really impressed with the frequency and content that these updates are coming out from Lucid and I only owned my car for less than 2 months. This might be obvious but software development is expensive and time consuming. I use the triangle analogy with time, cost, and quality in each corner. It's very hard to accomplish all 3 with high number of new features. We just have to be patient and I good times are waiting ahead of us. I am excited and can't wait to try new OTA.
This is a good update. The little improvements all add up. And the widget is super cool.

HA is better. The manual bias takes more torque to do so it doesn’t wonder. The steering seems to bias to the inside of curves which I think is good. The built in right bias seems worse to me than before. Two steps forward and one back.

The widget is very cool switching between nav and song data depending on what is displayed on the right cockpit panel. The nav voice prompts are completely gone now. No loss since I disliked the prior voice.

20231114_100656.jpg

Thanks for posting. It looks very clean looking. I think Album Art looks big enough too.

The widget is very cool switching between nav and song data depending on what is displayed on the right cockpit panel. The nav voice prompts are completely gone now. No loss since I disliked the prior voice.
I haven’t gotten the update yet, but I’m not happy about the loss of voice prompts. Are you sure it’s not just a setting you missed?

For CarPlay users, the new widget does show Now Playing in the instrument cluster. But it does not show maps or next turn info when you leave the maps app. Bummer. But at least they put the current media there. So song that is playing, podcast, audio book, etc.
Not ideal but better than nothing. I always use native Tidal to play music anyway, so I don't mind having that up while I have carplay nav up.

Release notes, btw: https://publications.infotainment.p...42-aae2-fff3690fded6/content_en-US/index.html

I haven’t gotten the update yet, but I’m not happy about the loss of voice prompts. Are you sure it’s not just a setting you missed?
I am installing it now, but if that's the case it's definitely a bug, not intentional, fwiw.

what do you mean by nav voice prompts? 'turn after the next signal' kind of prompt?

Back