OTA 2.1.60

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
This OTA just loaded this morning. Not sure what it did but I bet it is robust!!!

Just wondering... Is there an established order to the distribution of OTA updates? Something like original delivery dates, model hierarchy, a combination of both, or the like? I'm not talking about a release that might be rolled out to correct or enhance a specifc vehicle type or production run issue, but a general update, like this one.

Just wondering... Is there an established order to the distribution of OTA updates? Something like original delivery dates, model hierarchy, a combination of both, or the like? I'm not talking about a release that might be rolled out to correct or enhance a specifc vehicle type or production run issue, but a general update, like this one.
Nope

So, are you saying that it's a deliberately random process, or is that just your observation over time? I don't have a problem with how it's done. It's just something that the software group must have thought through. If nothing else, I would certainly expect that they would want people like you and Bobby to get a look up front.

So, are you saying that it's a deliberately random process, or is that just your observation over time? I don't have a problem with how it's done. It's just something that the software group must have thought through. If nothing else, I would certainly expect that they would want people like you and Bobby to get a look up front.
It might not be deliberately random, however, we, as owners, do not have enough information to discern how they deploy their updates. It could follow specific hardware differences in each vehicle, but that is not information we have access to to determine that is the case.

I’ve gotten updates from the first day they were available to almost two weeks after release so definitely no established order.

Interesting. I've only had my Pure for a few months now, but thus far I have been at a fairly consistent place within the timeline. That too can be random.

Bobby, I do use that for updates.info Thanks...I was just kidding around because now I may have to buy a dog and that darn iPhone!!!!
No iPhone necessary!

So I used to get the updates fairly quickly but now I still don't have this one. Probably because I keep asking about V2H so they've moved me back in the pack I guess.

So I used to get the updates fairly quickly but now I still don't have this one. Probably because I keep asking about V2H so they've moved me back in the pack I guess.
Yeah, that’s probably what happens. There’s a person who reads the forum and purposely organizes the software updates in the order of people who ask for other features most.

Yeah, that’s probably what happens. There’s a person who reads the forum and purposely organizes the software updates in the order of people who ask for other features most.
I would totally do that if I worked for Lucid. But I enjoy that sort of thing 😂

I would totally do that if I worked for Lucid. But I enjoy that sort of thing 😂
If this were the case, Bobby would still be on 1.1

So, having two Lucids (insert eye roll), we have found it to be completely random. Literally. Sometimes the Pure (early 2023) gets it first. Sometimes GT (early 2022) get it first. The GT received .60 first. The Pure hasn’t received it yet. The last two (.52 and .50) were the Pure first. Before that, GT first. No logical reason. I’ve posted similar threads to this on each update.

Oh. You made me laugh and now I went out to check. Have you received the Word ?

Yes. The word is .60

Seeing as I'm a creature, I'm going to have to test this with a nap today. You know, for science.

Bobby, I do use that for updates.info Thanks...I was just kidding around because now I may have to buy a dog and that darn iPhone!!!!
Get the dog! I have 2 but they generally aren't allowed in the car. I have a "hooptie" that I love for that. Don't waste your money on an iPhone.... 😂 😂 😂

Back