Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I spoke to my DA today and switched to QG/Tahoe from White/Tahoe to expedite delivery. She didn’t have any visibility into White/Tahoe orders entering production - and didn’t sound confident in a 2022 delivery. She matched me to a QG that’s in general assembly, and I now have a VIN and should take delivery by year end.
WTF??? I have a QG/T that I confirmed on 11/1 and am still waiting for a VIN while they cars with the same config available to other people??? All while there is zero response from the DA.

WTF??? I have a QG/T that I confirmed on 11/1 and am still waiting for a VIN while they cars with the same config available to other people??? All while there is zero response from the DA.
It sounds like this was an unallocated customer cancellation she identified with my exact specs (fully loaded on 20s).

I’ve been super frustrated by this process as allocations should be entirely automated - and instead it seems like something more manual where alert DAs, or those with pushy customers, are able to reassign open vehicles to customers.

Your reservation was ahead of me; you deserve to get it earlier.

Best I could find out today was my car was built, still at the factory and should be shipping to Goose Island soon. I think (hope!) ZR/Tahoes are starting to move out for delivery. 🤞 BTW - vin 12-9, still shows in production.

Pete

So, got a call from my DA today with some slow but good progress. He asked me to open a new separate Lucid account with my info which I did immediately, and their IT team will transfer the order from my son‘s account to my new account. He expects the order transfer to be completed by end of day today…fingers crossed. I reminded him that before Christmas delivery is still the target before I have to re-evaluat, since there has been broken promises in the past.

BTW - if I had the CEO or COO’s email addresses, I would have written an epistle letter to them…lol. Unfortunately, I don’t believe their email addresses are public info, unless someone has it and can share.
[emails removed as per forum policy]

The email I sent to them and my deadbeat DA 9 days ago threatening to cancel if no delivery by EOY resulted in a VIN 2 days later and car arriving locally 5 days after that. I did change from ZR/T to IB/SC though after getting a call from my DA 15 minutes after I sent the email. I was supposed to take delivery today but had to postpone to tomorrow. Very excited.

No word on the ZR/T/Metal roof car though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like this was an unallocated customer cancellation she identified with my exact specs (fully loaded on 20s).

I’ve been super frustrated by this process as allocations should be entirely automated - and instead it seems like something more manual where alert DAs, or those with pushy customers, are able to reassign open vehicles to customers.
That is my spec as well. At this rate I will likely cancel if they don't make EOY delivery. At the very least will drop the fully loaded part which I only took to get delivery this year.

Did you receive a purchase agreement or did the payment button show on your Lucid account?
No, but it's getting drawn up now. Talked to my DA and he forwarded the order to their transactions team. Said 24-48 hours to draw it up.

FYI my dashboard still doesn't show movement from last week, so not 100% reflective of current status. Still says in production.

[emails removed as per forum policy]

The email I sent to them and my deadbeat DA 9 days ago threatening to cancel if no delivery by EOY resulted in a VIN 2 days later and car arriving locally 5 days after that. I did change from ZR/T to IB/SC though after getting a call from my DA 15 minutes after I sent the email. I was supposed to take delivery today but had to postpone to tomorrow. Very excited.

No word on the ZR/T/Metal roof car though.
Thanks…looks like no longer need to escalate as there was good progress today, with account updated, and order forwarded to transaction team to draw up PA. Hoping before Christmas delivery now back on track, given the vehicle is been sitting and waiting idle here at the Houston studio for about a week. Will be attending their hosted holiday event tomorrow and hoping to see it live, even if I can’t pick up yet…lol.

Does it mean that delivery is approaching, if you are asked to upload insurance information??
Maybe... I am waiting for Black with Mojave interior and have been told that I should expect it in late January or early February. My dashboard also has the “update insurance information” button active. You can’t actually do that until you have a VIN assigned to you. Just having the Upload Insurance diesn’t mean much until your VIN is assigned.

Maybe... I am waiting for Black with Mojave interior and have been told that I should expect it in late January or early February. My dashboard also has the “update insurance information” button active. You can’t actually do that until you have a VIN assigned to you. Just having the Upload Insurance diesn’t mean much until your VIN is assigned.
They will accept your current insurance and after you get the VIN, you can get a quote and get proof of insurance when you take delivery.

They will accept your current insurance and after you get the VIN, you can get a quote and get proof of insurance when you take delivery.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess my point was just that having the Upload Insurance button active doesn't mean delivery is imminent if you don't have a Vin.

Darn!! Maybe I’ll take a large stack of $100 bills…..
It will be a LARGE stack! I took my family (3 of us) to China in 2004 thru CITS, a travel agency run by the government. A full 5-star vacation at $1K less per person than a 4-star one with a U.S. outfit - totally legit. Only stipulation was cash payment. Carrying $6K in $100 bills (plus $3K for personal) equates to 90 bills and is no small feat. I was sweating bullets worrying (needlessly I might add) carrying that much cash aboard an aircraft, then in a foreign country. Upon arrival, I received a message at my hotel asking if I could DELAY payment for a day (travel agent was busy). Where do you stash 90 bills in a hotel? Laughing matter now, but not back then. Funny story but only to myself.

Just got the call saying my car would arrive in Houston Monday or Tuesday night. Asked for Friday pick up so that we can make a trip out of it. He said no guarantees but he's gonna try.

Will be a nice red Christmas present for the family!

VIN has been assigned for 10 days - "upload insurance information" became active yesterday

Back